Suite Question - Premium Drink Package

Woobstr112G

Toying with the idea of doing a T/A on X. Looking at the Nov 4, 2017 Mediterranean Passage Onboard the Celebrity Silhouette in a Royal Suite. My question (May have more:D) involves the premium drink package. Since the package is complimentary, does that also include the premium mini bar set up in your cabin or is that extra?

Thanks in advance for any replies.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Normally the mini bar in the cabin is not included in the drink pkg. And the stuff in there is not very good any way. 😆

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the premium upgrade to the mini bar set up. Do you know if they will let you switch out the swill (:D) for say all beers?

Bob

Normally the mini bar in the cabin is not included in the drink pkg. And the stuff in there is not very good any way.

Actually the Royal and Penthouse Suites have mini bar included as a perk. It is restocked daily and you can request certain products be stocked.

Edit: The OP is speaking about the included bottles of liquor though, not the mini bar. Regarding that, request what you would like when contacted about any special requests pre-cruise. If they are unable to assist, speak with your butler or Michael's Club concierge after boarding to see if they are able to exchange the included liquor to something of your preference. People have reported varying level of success in terms of what types of swaps have been permitted. I am hoping to exchange my included bottles for a premium whiskey and a bottle of sake for my upcoming cruise.

Edited by Gonzo70

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the premium upgrade to the mini bar set up. Do you know if they will let you switch out the swill (:D) for say all beers?

Bob

No clue, but that would be a great question for your shore side concierge when they contact you before you sail. Let us know the out come.

Toying with the idea of doing a T/A on X. Looking at the Nov 4, 2017 Mediterranean Passage Onboard the Celebrity Silhouette in a Royal Suite. My question (May have more:D) involves the premium drink package. Since the package is complimentary, does that also include the premium mini bar set up in your cabin or is that extra?

Bob

Yes the mini bar is included and so are 2 bottles of premium liquor if you are in a royal suite. However the premium package is not complimentary on a TA, correct me if I am wrong

Yes the mini bar is included and so are 2 bottles of premium liquor if you are in a royal suite. However the premium package is not complimentary on a TA, correct me if I am wrong

Darn; No offense, but I sure hope you are wrong. The below are the RS perks and nowhere does it mention "N/A" for T/A's.....:(:(:(

Personal butler service 24/7 for assistance with unpacking, in-suite lunch and dinner, espresso and cappuccino

Dedicated private restaurant, Luminae, reserved exclusively for all Suite Class guests

Access to the exclusive lounge, Michael's Club

Priority check-in at boarding & early debarkation

Unlimited dining in all specialty restaurants including lunch, dinner, and one Champagne High Tea

Complimentary Premium Beverage Package for all guests in suite. Minors will automatically receive a Premium-Non-Alcoholic Beverage Package

Complimentary unlimited Internet access

Stateroom setup of one bottle of vodka and one bottle of scotch or gin with mixers, a choice of spirits and wine)

Reserved theatre seating on Evening Chic nights

Luxury bath amenities & plush robes

Premium Reverie® Dream Sleep System™ customizable mattresses

Celebrity eXhale™ bedding, pillow menu, plush duvets and pure cotton linens

Private veranda with whirlpool and lounge seating

Marble master bath with whirlpool tub and separate shower

Fresh flowers

Welcome bottle of Perrier-Jouët

Complimentary laundry service twice per cruise

Daily Delectables rotation of savory and sweet snacks

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Minibar is included......and yes you can swap it out for all beer...or soda or waters.. 2 bottles of spirits are also included ....

Bob

Darn; No offense, but I sure hope you are wrong. The below are the RS perks and nowhere does it mention "N/A" for T/A's.....:(:(:(

Bob

Can't imagine it would not be included on a T/A - it is a standard perk of the Royal & Penthouse suite. I think the other poster was probably confused and thinking about the suites get all four of the Go Best perks promotion available on many sailings, (perhaps T/A's are excluded from this). That would only impact Sky & Celebrity suites with regards to the premium bevvy pack.

Can't imagine it would not be included on a T/A - it is a standard perk of the Royal & Penthouse suite. I think the other poster was probably confused and thinking about the suites get all four of the Go Best perks promotion available on many sailings, (perhaps T/A's are excluded from this). That would only impact Sky & Celebrity suites with regards to the premium bevvy pack.

Thanks for the encouraging news.....:):):):)

Bob

Having regularly cruised RS the premium package is included on all cruises.

You will be invited to choose two bottles of spirits. We have never been refused our requests. However, we have never been really greedy and requested anything in the mega price range. The general rule of thumb is if your spirit is listed on the premium package you can have it.

Your minibar wil be filled with your beers, sodas and waters of choice. There is also a wine chiller which can be used. This is complementary and will be refilled daily.

In Michael's Club your drinks are free. They will also find items for you if they do not have them, for example, I often enjoy a pre dinner sherry. They didn't have the brand I wanted so went and brought a bottle back from another bar.

We found the minibar a nice perk for a mid afternoon drink.

You will also be well looked after by your butler and conceirge. TA RSs are popular so don't wait too long to book.

Happy cruising!

What is not included in a RS is the small bottles of wine and spirits plus the snacks that are usually in the mini bar. Those are chargeable.

On our last RS cruise these were not in the minibar...just the items we had requested....Good point if most of the time these are left in....

On our last RS cruise these were not in the minibar...just the items we had requested....Good point if most of the time these are left in....

I can't actually remember if they were there last year.

I usually tell them to remove what we have to pay for just in case. I haven't done so for the cruise this weekend but with speak to the stateroom attendant to do so.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

Having regularly cruised RS the premium package is included on all cruises.

You will be invited to choose two bottles of spirits. We have never been refused our requests. However, we have never been really greedy and requested anything in the mega price range. The general rule of thumb is if your spirit is listed on the premium package you can have it.

Your minibar wil be filled with your beers, sodas and waters of choice. There is also a wine chiller which can be used. This is complementary and will be refilled daily.

In Michael's Club your drinks are free. They will also find items for you if they do not have them, for example, I often enjoy a pre dinner sherry. They didn't have the brand I wanted so went and brought a bottle back from another bar.

We found the minibar a nice perk for a mid afternoon drink.

You will also be well looked after by your butler and conceirge. TA RSs are popular so don't wait too long to book.

Happy cruising!

Thanks very much for the information. I realize the RS, while a little pricey, won't last long. In fact, since the cruise has been out for awhile, the RS and a CS I also saw available, probably came open only due to a cancellation. With this in mind, I just put a deposit on the RS. Now all I have to do is convince my DW to cancel a cruise we already have booked. Also, thank you to everyone else for their replies.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Last month we sailed Transpacific on Millennium in a RS. When we were contacted pre-cruise by the Shoreside Concierge, we requested (and received) a 1 liter bottle each of Bombay Sapphire and Crown Royal. Our mini-bar was stocked with our soda and water preferences as well as beer. All contents were replenished by our Butler whenever we ran out of something.

There is also a cooler in Michael's Club where you can grab beer, wine, sodas, bottled water to take with you back to your suite. But, in a RS, I'd be surprised if your butler didn't offer to stock what you want.

We just finished a 13 day cruise in a RS on the Equinox. Anything we wanted in our cabin was complimentary. All we had to do was ask the butler. I asked for and received orange juice, (for screwdrivers), fresh cut limes for vodka tonic, beers, soft drinks, coffee , tea, etc etc. I requested two bottles of Grey Goose which the butler had waiting. We also had a bottle of Perrier Jouet champagne waiting for us that was complimentary.

Your butler will get you almost anything you want including snacks, pastries, etc. On chic nights he has a reserved seat for you at the shows, and will arrange for priority boarding of a tender if you need to use one. He will make your dinner reservations if necessary, although Luminaie on the Equinox as well as Blu was open seating, and we never had to wait for a table.

The RS was worth every dollar to us.:):)

We just finished a 13 day cruise in a RS on the Equinox. Anything we wanted in our cabin was complimentary. All we had to do was ask the butler. I asked for and received orange juice, (for screwdrivers), fresh cut limes for vodka tonic, beers, soft drinks, coffee , tea, etc etc. I requested two bottles of Grey Goose which the butler had waiting. We also had a bottle of Perrier Jouet champagne waiting for us that was complimentary.

Your butler will get you almost anything you want including snacks, pastries, etc. On chic nights he has a reserved seat for you at the shows, and will arrange for priority boarding of a tender if you need to use one. He will make your dinner reservations if necessary, although Luminaie on the Equinox as well as Blu was open seating, and we never had to wait for a table.

Thank you so much for the info. I went ahead and put a deposit on the RS. We are not confirmed going as I have to convince DW to cancel a Panama Canal cruise on Princess for May. This cruise is with her DS so I have a tough hill to climb. If she should change her mind however, I'll have the RS already reserved.....:):):)

Bob

Happy cruising!

Please tell me more about the wine cooler. Are you saying the Bulter will restock bottles on wines for your room consumption? I assume they have to be wines in the premium package.

I was not aware of this perk. Do I understand correctly?

Thanks

Edited by jagoffee

Please tell me more about the wine cooler. Are you saying the Bulter will restock bottles on wines for your room consumption? I assume they have to be wines in the premium package.

I was not aware of this perk. Do I understand correctly?

Thanks

Sorry if I mislead you. You have a wine chiller but it is the stocking of the minibar which is free. I was implying that you could use the chiller for 'overflow' but phrased it badly.

OMG I am getting more excited by the hour!! We are in a RS on the Summit for the repo from Bayonne to San Juan 10/16!!! DH thinks we are in a SS which i booked for us 8 months ago. The prices dropped and I RAN to the TA and upgraded us to the RS!!! He has NO idea. I cannot wait for 3 days at sea! We will also be celebrating his birthday on 10/18 and have booked Tuscan Grill for dinner!

Let me more about the Butler. Can he get us popcorn when we go up to see movies on the top deck?? Do you think there will be blankets because it will be chilly coming out of NJ? So may questions!

Thank you,

Jodi

Sorry if I mislead you. You have a wine chiller but it is the stocking of the minibar which is free. I was implying that you could use the chiller for 'overflow' but phrased it badly.

I thought I may have misunderstood. Thank you for the clarification.