Prayers for Florida

mame42

Was just on the Ft Lauderdale harbour cam. It's overcast 26C winds WSW 41 gusts 53. Right now it doesn't look too bad. Wish them all the best.

Allan

Just breezy right now. Port Everglades and the airport are reopened, although I haven't seen any ships go by yet. Fort Lauderdale and Miami were relatively unscathed. There are some wind gusts, but nothing out of the ordinary. If you are from New England or the Maritimes, it was like a nor'easter minus the snow.

Keep the good people in N Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas in your thoughts. They look to be I in for some storm surge.

Just breezy right now. Port Everglades and the airport are reopened, although I haven't seen any ships go by yet. Fort Lauderdale and Miami were relatively unscathed. There are some wind gusts, but nothing out of the ordinary. If you are from New England or the Maritimes, it was like a nor'easter minus the snow.

Keep the good people in N Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas in your thoughts. They look to be I in for some storm surge.

So glad you are OK... I kept thinking about Poohby Joe[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I believe that most of Florida got by without too much wind/water damage. Yeah, there was some, but the eye stayed far enough off shore to keep damage minimal. I am sure that there are exceptions - it could have been much, much worse.

Jim

We're in south Florida and we lucked out, the storm took a little jog to the north and missed coming in close to us. Just a lot of rain and some wind but not the full force. We didn't lose power but a lot of people did and they are getting it back on pretty quickly. My son is in north Florida and he's been without power since last night. Thanks be to the powers that be for sparing us and please help those who need help.

In the last hour Matthew touched land for the first time in the USA - in the coastal town of McClellanville, SC - the exact same area where Hurricane Hugo landed in 1989. It's a 30 minute drive north of Charleston.

Edited by summersigh

We evacuated from the central coast of FL. Major damage to houses and businesses. Lots of roofs missing, lots of big trees down, lots of power outages and so on. Respectfully, this is not like a blizzard in New England. Some people suffered devastating losses.

We evacuated from the central coast of FL. Major damage to houses and businesses. Lots of roofs missing, lots of big trees down, lots of power outages and so on. Respectfully, this is not like a blizzard in New England. Some people suffered devastating losses.

we lost our roof

So sorry to hear this . Thoughts and prayers are with you all.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app