What is your favorite hotel in Fort Lauderdale/PreCruise

Herby

Marriott Harbor Beach Resort is my favorite. Nice, large beach with beach activities available, a very pleasant pool area, an excellent restaurant on site, helpful and friendly service, and close enough to the entrance to the port that a walk there to watch the ship traffic is possible.

Hyatt Regency Pier 66 is my second choice because of the lovely landscaped grounds and pool area. While I preferred the Garden Wing rooms, others like the rooms in the Tower. (They used to be first choice until they closed the Top of the Pier revolving lounge.)

I have three.

If we are going for a one day stay I like the Embassy Suites. It's a hotel that is convenient to the port, and to shopping and restaurants.

For longer stays I like Lago Mar (beautiful beach) and also the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort which also has a nice beach and is a beautiful hotel.

There are certainly many other options when it comes to hotels.

Keith

Before cruises, I have stayed at Holiday Inn express 17th ave, Extended Stay 17th st, and Hyatt Place 17th st. My preference of those is first; Hyatt Place, loved it there, great staff, customer service, excellent room, breakfast, and can also order food during the day, but not an actual restaurant. Second, I actually did like the extended stay for the one night before my cruise. ( I did encounter some issues with the room/plumbing), but these issues were dealt with in a very customer friendly way;). staff there were also excellent, but breakfast there is a non event. coffee good, but only granola bar, yogurt and fruit. Still worked for me. Least favorite was Holiday inn express 17th, great location like the others, but the desk staff were lackluster, unfriendly, and window opened up to a concrete wall. will never go back there again, unless the room is free.

also, have visited friends who were staying at embassy suites, and I have stayed at embassy suites in other locations. I would stay at this one given a decent rate. probably the best location in my opinion, as far as access to shopping, dining.

I'm sure there are more luxurious and beautiful places, but for a night or two before a cruise, these were adequate for me.

The W hotel is my home away from home 20 minutes from my house. I love the corner beachfront rooms with the huge balconies on the upper floors, and they have great off-season rates. It's cool, modern, and they understand customer service at the front desk and concierge.

Embassy Suites, if all you want is a reasonably-priced decent hotel near a few good places to walk to to eat dinner or buy a few last-minute items. The breakfast is the definition of basic, that is, better than nothing at all. Sign up for the shuttle to the port the next morning when you check in, or you'll be far down the list.

Embassy Suites, if all you want is a reasonably-priced decent hotel near a few good places to walk to to eat dinner or buy a few last-minute items. The breakfast is the definition of basic, that is, better than nothing at all. Sign up for the shuttle to the port the next morning when you check in, or you'll be far down the list.

Better than nothing at all? Cooked to order eggs and omelets, a wide assortment of fruits and juices, oatmeal and assorted cold cereals, bacon, sausage, pancakes, home fries, pastries, etc. To me a Continental breakfast is basic. The ES's breakfast goes far beyond that.

Roz