Favorite classic package cocktail?

CruiserN1

First cruise with bev package (classic, not interested in upgrading) coming up next month.

I'm not a huge drinker and not familiar with a lot of cocktails, could you recommend your favorite drink that is available with the classic package? Bonus points if you can describe what's in it :)

Hi

Pina colada is a sweet cocktail made from rum, coconut milk and pineapple juice. It is a very nice drink, but my favourite cocktail on Celebrity Eclipse is the Mud slide, vodka, kaluah, baileys cream in a long glass swirled with chocolate Mmm :D Both of these drinks...think...adult milkshake.

There are enough coctails available on the classic package to keep you happy throughout your cruise ;) Enjoy exploring them!

Loraine

I am not a fan of sweet drinks ...

I really like their Caesar ... it is like a Canadian Bloody Mary with Clam Juice, Blood Mary Mix and Vodka ... maybe some extra spices like pepper, Worcestershire sauce and / or horseradish. Best with 3 green olives.

Hi

Pina colada is a sweet cocktail made from rum, coconut milk and pineapple juice. It is a very nice drink, but my favourite cocktail on Celebrity Eclipse is the Mud slide, vodka, kaluah, baileys cream in a long glass swirled with chocolate Mmm :D Both of these drinks...think...adult milkshake.

There are enough coctails available on the classic package to keep you happy throughout your cruise ;) Enjoy exploring them!

Loraine

If you like the mudslide, try a frozen toasted almond. Not sure what's in it but its like a chocolate milkshake with a kick! YUM

On my last cruise this past August I had to go to about 5 bartenders before one knew how to make me a Paralyzer. And this bartender knew it by a different name.

Just for fun, does anyone else know? And bonus points anyone know what the another name is?

Mojito - rum, mint leaves, lime juice and simple syrup - light and refreshing.

Blue Hawaiin - rum, blue Curacao, pineapple juice and cream of coconut.

Strawberry Margarita - tequila, strawberry puree (or mix?), triple sec and lime juice

Mai Tai ?

They make exquisite mudslides and pina coladas poolside. A very nice indulgence on a sea day.

Pomegranate mojitos, mudslides and White Russians are my go to drinks, but I'm also old school, liking vodka Collins. Much better than the gin in Tom Collins.

Don't forget the best thing about the Classic package is to use it at Cafe al Bacio. If you want a nightcap to put you to bed, try the Cafe Diablo- muy caliente!

On my last cruise this past August I had to go to about 5 bartenders before one knew how to make me a Paralyzer. And this bartender knew it by a different name.

Just for fun, does anyone else know? And bonus points anyone know what the another name is?

Black Russian - Tequila, Vodka and Coffee Liquor

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For me, a Caipirinha (Kai-pih-reen-ya) is best -- a mix of Cachaça (sort of like Brazilian white rum), lime juice, and sugar. It's sweet and tart at the same time in the way a good margarita is, but with a nice Carribean influence -- perfect for watching the sea go by from the Sunset Bar!

Is it the same thing as a Painkiller? Rum, Pineapple juice, cream of coconut and orange juice?

I like too many different drinks to call any one a favorite. One of my go-tos is a simple gin & tonic: Tanqueray gin and tonic water with a lime wedge. (The lime helps ward off scurvy on long ocean voyages. :rolleyes:)

There is one drink I make at home but have never found a bartender who is familiar with it - a Delmonico cocktail. It uses gin, brandy, sweet vermouth, dry vermouth and bitters. :eek: I limit myself to one an evening.

Old fashioned

1 sugar cube, 3 dashes of bitters, splash of water, crush the sugar, line the glass with the mixture in the cup, add 1 large ice cube, rye whiskey, and serve with a stirring rod.

You can sub bourbon for the whiskey.

Also a grateful dead is a great drink. It's like a long Island but use cranberry instead of coke and maybe add a splash of sprite

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

In addition to having numerous alcoholic drinks I took advantage of the non alcoholic ones. There is a small cafe located within the enclosed pool that sells smoothies. I had one every day after breakfast. Also would go to cafe Bacio in the lobby for coffee every morning. I also made sure to get bottles of water to drink when going off ship. I never hesitated to get a can of soda or bottle of beer, left it unopened and brought it back to room to drink on the balcony.

Is it a Colorado Bulldog? Kahlua, cola, milk and vodka?