Flight out of FLL

Jmeyers

American Airlines just changes the time of our flight on our return home. It went from 10:40 am to 9:25 am. We will be getting off of the Allure, can we make the flight if we have TSA precheck and walk off the boat with our luggage at the early time slot?

American Airlines just changes the time of our flight on our return home. It went from 10:40 am to 9:25 am. We will be getting off of the Allure, can we make the flight if we have TSA precheck and walk off the boat with our luggage at the early time slot?

Yes, as long as everything is on time you should be able to get off as early as 6:15

And as long you don't have any "man overboard" situations during your cruise where you circle for hours and hours and hours looking for the waiter or room attendant who leaped because he couldn't take it any more .. or the drunk college girl who leaped after the fight with her boyfriend .... then you should be fine!

Edited by F27TW

Another option may be since it is more than a 1/2 hour change in time, you could see what other flights AA have at a later time and there should be no charge to take the later. Sometimes I have been able to use this option and others I had to go with the new time.

If no delays then you should be ok.

We just did it today off Oasis. No pre check TSA or anything. In line to get off ship at 6:15 and the line was forming pretty long even then. We got right into cab, ate breakfast at the airport and still waited at least 45 min to board after that. We were on southwest, not sure if that would make a difference or not. We've been bumped by American before when they oversold the flight...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our flight time was changed once several years back. It was cutting to close for my comfort.

I called and told the airlines there was no way to make that flight. After much checking they ended up having to look at alternative airports in order to make a flight work.

Really worked to our benefit as they changed me to a closer airport that is normally to expensive to fly from.

Make sure to check all options if you decide to call and asked for a change.

I self-disembarked from Allure a couple of weeks ago, and was having a bagel in the airline club by 7:20. The ship docked on time and I had PreCheck, although the regular security line wasn't any longer than Pre when I went through, both just had a couple people in line. The ship docked on time, which is important. One thing I'll say: When I self disembarked, I wasn't among the very first off the ship, so the port line for customs was already long and moving very slow. Fortunately I asked about GE and since I had my GE card I was able to cut to the front of the line. If you don't have GE, I'd suggest not just self-disembarking, but being ready to do that before the ship is cleared. As in, literally be packed and waiting downstairs so you can be among the very first to disembark.

Alternatively, call the airline and request a change. Since THEY changed the schedule and the difference is over an hour, they should allow a change without a fee. That said, there may be a long of other cruise pax on your flight who are all requesting the same thing, so you may not simply be able to change to the very next flight a short time later; it could easily turn out that you can get a later flight but the next one with available seats is much, much later in the day, or requires a different routing with an extra connection or whatever.

Been on the Oasis, Allure (several times) and scheduled for Harmony. Our experience, and confirmed with cruisemates we've met, is that the Ship Terminal for these ships allows for 'self luggage, early walk offs as early as 6AM.

There can be events that make this not guaranteed; time of arrival, port authorities clearance, etc.

We've been able to make it MIAMI AIRPORT for 8am flights. We were nervous as heck, but the cabs were right out there, no traffic on the weekend, no lines at TSA (we're PRE) and we had time to spare.

We're doing it again on December 10th, at just prior to 9AM for a flight to Orlando (the other airlines that fly that route with twin turbo props seem to always change our flight to later in the day). We've got 5 and 3 year old GK's being flown in by son to go to Disney Yacht Club with us and we need to get to MCO before his return flight (he's just dropping them off and has a 2 hour window).

So, we believe you'll be OK getting to FLL with a self luggage early walk off program; but have a back up plan just in case. For us, upcoming, it is 'car rental and making the drive to Orlando airport.

Good luck.

Another option may be since it is more than a 1/2 hour change in time, you could see what other flights AA have at a later time and there should be no charge to take the later. Sometimes I have been able to use this option and others I had to go with the new time.

Yep! Just call them and don accept the change. It's over an hour. First look at the flights that day and see which ones work, then call them to work it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the first time in 12 cruises, we came into port four hours late today due to a medical emergency that caused us to turn back to Cozumel over three hours after leaving. You never know what might cause your ship to be late and make it impossible to make an early flight!

And as long you don't have any "man overboard" situations during your cruise where you circle for hours and hours and hours looking for the waiter or room attendant who leaped because he couldn't take it any more .. or the drunk college girl who leaped after the fight with her boyfriend .... then you should be fine!

You must have been on the October 2015 cruise where the guy decided to leave the ship early... I can't recall what time we arrived.... but I think it was closer to 7:30 or 8.

I don't like spending the day before the end of the cruise trying to figure out how I am going to make the flight. I was on one cruise were there was an issue with customs arriving ontime.

What does GE mean?

Global Entry

To elaborate further, Global Entry is a program administered by the US Customs and Border Protection department, and allows you to pay a fee and go through a screening process that results in expedited re-entry through immigration and customs when returning to the US from an international trip by air. You bypass the regular lines, go up to a special kiosk that reads your fingerprints and answer a couple quick questions on the screen and you're on your way. It is hoped that it will become more readily available at ports for returning cruise pax, but thus far is only available at Port Everglades, and even there I'm not sure if it's at all terminals or just the one that services Oasis/Allure/Harmony. They don't have the special kiosks, but if you show your GE card they will let you move to the front of the regular line to go through C/I.

For the first time in 12 cruises, we came into port four hours late today due to a medical emergency that caused us to turn back to Cozumel over three hours after leaving. You never know what might cause your ship to be late and make it impossible to make an early flight!

Stuff happens. You can't run your whole life worried about what could happen. Probably half the ship missed flights.

Edited by cruisinfanatic

So in this case even later flights would have been missed. Occasionally stuff happens. That is part of being a traveler. The vast majority of the time things go right.

This is why I pretty much always stay overnight before and after the cruise. My feeling is that I am on vacation, I should not 'rush home'

I relax, and usually I am one of the last people off the ship. Why rush?

This is why I pretty much always stay overnight before and after the cruise. My feeling is that I am on vacation, I should not 'rush home'

I relax, and usually I am one of the last people off the ship. Why rush?

When the ship docks vacation is over. I have stuff to do.;)