Bar service in Luminae?

theflake

Pardon my ignorance, first Celebrity cruise coming up in a Sky suite. We have a beverage package (currently Classic, likely to upgrade). Can we order bar drinks in Luminae with meals? Or is it just wine with dinner? I understand room service beverages are not included...

Sent from my K010 using Tapatalk

Pardon my ignorance, first Celebrity cruise coming up in a Sky suite. We have a beverage package (currently Classic, likely to upgrade). Can we order bar drinks in Luminae with meals? Or is it just wine with dinner? I understand room service beverages are not included...

Sent from my K010 using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't a suite have the premium beverage package as a benefit.

Celebrity has been offering quite a while now when booking any suite you get all four perks which one is premium beverage package as well as free internet 300obc and gratuities.

On many, but not all sailings. Only Royal Suite and above always receive premium package as a perk.

Celebrity has been offering quite a while now when booking any suite you get all four perks which one is premium beverage package as well as free internet 300obc and gratuities.

You're referring to a perk that may have been included with your cruise fare due to a promotion, but RS and above suites include the beverage package as a standard item. This also applies in cases of charter cruises where GO packages are not offered at all, but as the beverage package is advertised as part of RS suites and above, they are one of the very few who have the unlimited beverage package on board.

Edited by absolutboy20

We really like all of the suite perks and it does encourage us to always book a sky suite or higher on our Celebrity sailings. Well done Celebrity. Now if they would refurbish all of the M class cabins not only Royal and Penthouse suites, we probably would never consider other cruise lines!

Edited by Cruise a holic

Sadly not for the Brits :(

Luminae's "signature" cocktail is Bourbon Peaches. It's really really good.

They'll make you anything you want, but we usually get a recommended wine pairing with our dinner. The sommelier is wonderful for that.

Do the sommeliers often try to push the upcharges with wines or do they pretty much just pair within the premium package unless you ask for special pairings. A few times when we've been in the specialty restaurants they really didn't seem interested in serving you unless you were buying the extremely expensive wines.

Do the sommeliers often try to push the upcharges with wines or do they pretty much just pair within the premium package unless you ask for special pairings. A few times when we've been in the specialty restaurants they really didn't seem interested in serving you unless you were buying the extremely expensive wines.

It is amazing how different our experiences can be. On our last cruise we found the specialities really keen and eager to help us with wine selection (and beer selection in Silk Harvest). Unlike Claudia B, however, our Luminae drink experience was not wonderful - it was often a 'you can have this or this' rather than any discussion.

When we asked for the drinks menu we were then waiting a while only to be told the wine we had chosen was not available.....Don't get me wrong the service wasn't terrible and the wines offered were quite nice it was just sub par to the service we received in the specialities. This was the one bit of Luminae service we did feel could improve.

We did not find any 'pushing' of more expensive wines in any of the venues...they would let you know the wines available and show you alternatives then the choice was yours...I did upgrade in Murano's (only a couple of dollars a glass) to try a wine a fellow guest had recommended, I think that was the only time we did all cruise....

Edited by chemmo

It is amazing how different our experiences can be. On our last cruise we found the specialities really keen and eager to help us with wine selection (and beer selection in Silk Harvest). Unlike Claudia B, however, our Luminae drink experience was not wonderful - it was often a 'you can have this or this' rather than any discussion.

When we asked for the drinks menu we were then waiting a while only to be told the wine we had chosen was not available.....Don't get me wrong the service wasn't terrible and the wines offered were quite nice it was just sub par to the service we received in the specialities. This was the one bit of Luminae service we did feel could improve.

We did not find any 'pushing' of more expensive wines in any of the venues...they would let you know the wines available and show you alternatives then the choice was yours...I did upgrade in Murano's (only a couple of dollars a glass) to try a wine a fellow guest had recommended, I think that was the only time we did all cruise....

Thanks. Although this is our first time that we will be living the suite life, we've had many difference experiences with sommeliers in the past. Some outstanding and others that would barely come around to pour you a glass. I'm crossing my fingers that it will be a positive experience on the Connie next month.

Thanks. Although this is our first time that we will be living the suite life, we've had many difference experiences with sommeliers in the past. Some outstanding and others that would barely come around to pour you a glass. I'm crossing my fingers that it will be a positive experience on the Connie next month.

I am sure it will be. I do think that the more you dine in one venue and converse with the staff the better the service gets...We tended last cruise to only occasionally dine in Luminae, they never got to know our real preferences whereas we were regulars in Murano's....

Generally on our last few cruises service across the board has been outstanding. Pre and post dinner drinks in Michael's Club being a real pleasure.

If you do have any issues on board your butler, Michael's Club host, M'D will all be only too pleased to look after you. Enjoy your cruise!