Miami simple shopping near port

wassup4565

We will arrive at the Miami port via RCI flight and transfer from airport to the port. We do not want to pack bottles of shampoo, conditioner, other liquid cosmetics and our two permissible bottles of wine in our luggage for the flights. They weigh a lot and they could break open in the luggage.

We have from about noon, when we are dropped at the pier until 3 pm, when we must be aboard, to do some simple shopping. Is there somewhere near the pier we can get an inexpensive taxi to and from to do our shopping? A Walgreens or CVS would probably have most of what we need.

Edited by wassup4565

Getting a taxi may be an issue. At PortMiami I do not believe you can simply jump into a taxi that has just dropped someone off; the taxis have a strictly regulated queueing system that the drivers are not going to bother to enter as there are no further disembarking passengers by then.

A taxi from the airport will always be less expensive than the cruise line transfer coach (which charges per person) and will make any stop you ask.

A taxi from the airport will always be less expensive than the cruise line transfer coach (which charges per person) and will make any stop you ask.

Agreed. A cab from MIA directly to the port is a flat rate of $27.00 per cab (4 people and luggage). Obviously, any stops and you would be on the meter, but I gather that is still less expensive than cruise line transfers. Is there any way you can cancel them? You really don't need transfers - the two points are fairly close together.

After you drop off your items you can then take a taxi from the port over to the CVS.

It is easy to get a taxi. So no worries.

The CVS is about a five minute ride from the port as noted. About $10.00 ride.

Address is:

200 BISCAYNE BOULEVARD

MIAMI, FL 33132

Once you have your items, you can walk one block to the left after exiting the CVS and get a taxi to take you back to the port. Other option is to walk across the street towards the Intercontinental Hotel and to get a Taxi from there.

Very easy.

Keith

You could also divide an conquer...

Send two people with all the luggage on the cruise transfer while the two others take the taxi from MIA to CVS.

~or~

Two taxis...One to the port with two people and all the luggage and the other two in another taxi to CVS. Then take a third taxi from CVS to the port.

Edited by Lido_Deck

The CVS is about a five minute ride from the port as noted. About $10.00 ride.

Not disagreeing with you but OP has just added another $20.00+ to their transportation. I stand by my recommendation of a cab from the airport and a quick stop. I see OP is from Canada and hopefully they know that all toiletries plus their wine can be purchased at one drug store. :)

As well, getting to the pier for 3 pm on the ship's transfer is pretty late, in my opinion. We would never want to arrive that late.