How to dress as a kiwi on the ship.

Not sure about Queenslander's needing them for warmth as I thought they had it all in hand.;)

Oh my [emoji33]

Maybe that's why Queensland men are too afraid to visit here in winter time if that is the extent of their wardrobe!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think any one who spills their beer or wine has a drinking problem. The whole idea is to swallow it without spilling.;)

I'm a klutz. Hopeless with geography and recognising ferries. Cannot be trusted not to drop things. This morning I couldn't find the cat until I put my glasses on and he was sitting on the couch right in front of me.

I put wine spilling in the same category [emoji74]

They're a Kiwi thing not a Queensland thing.

The kiwis have no love for possums and blame the aussies for inflicting possums on them.

They also call peter heaters, willy warmers and here is a link to a site where you can buy one made of possum fur.

http://nzsouvenirgifts.co.nz/?product=possum-fur-willy-warmer

Read the description.

They're a Kiwi thing not a Queensland thing.

The kiwis have no love for possums and blame the aussies for inflicting possums on them.

They also call peter heaters, willy warmers and here is a link to a site where you can buy one made of possum fur.

http://nzsouvenirgifts.co.nz/?product=possum-fur-willy-warmer

Read the description.

Well I suppose most kiwi men would need a private possum packer more due to the colder climate.:D

• 2 weeks later...
The answer is so simple you will kick yourself. Just wear a All Blacks jersey, you can wear it with pride and no Aussie would ever wear one. Ever.

No self respecting Australian would wear a Wallabies jersey either.

One doesn't have to worry about dressing like a kiwi. All you have to do is speak to your fellow passengers. They will recognise you straight away, because one knows that us kiwis don't have an accent, only foreigners have accents. So there !!!

Edited by Beanb41

Anybody seen the latest Air NZ ads starring 'Dave the Duck?' Funny as. They are on the Air NZ website.

We are going with Air NZ to LA very soon. Dave the Duck could be on board, well he would be better company than the Kiwi Sheep on the Boeing 777-300.

Edited by NSWP

Just mention six and it'll raise their eyes.

Don't let these Aussies pick on you, Chesterbear.:D

We Yanks pronounce the word "route" both ways.

First time I visited Oz, I learned that one of those ways is a very naughty word.

So, before returning in a couple months, I am trying to remember to always pronounce it as "rowte".

However, it does give an interesting twist to the old classic television series slogan:

"Get Your Kicks On Route Sixty Six."

Or, as the Kiwis would say: Sexty Sex.:p

Anybody seen the latest Air NZ ads starring 'Dave the Duck?' Funny as. They are on the Air NZ website.

We are going with Air NZ to LA very soon. Dave the Duck could be on board, well he would be better company than the Kiwi Sheep on the Boeing 777-300.

First time I saw it I wondered why it wasn't Steve the Sheep.:confused:

Seems more fitting.:p

I have rather enjoyed following this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2413339

But it brings up a rather serious issue for me. How to differentiate myself from all the Australians on the ship.

Don't get me wrong, Australia is great. For instance, I drive a Holden, shop at Australian stores that have set up here and watch Australian TV programmes. I also like to visit Australia. My late grandmother was even born in Wonthaggi.

I don't want the poms or yanks asking what state New Zealand is a part of. Or saying that our flag is missing some stars and our coins are weird.

Now as a female, budgie smugglers aren't an option. And I have to keep it classy. I already checked and you can't get a swandri dress and red band gumboot high heels.

Surely someone would have a suggestion or two?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As a Kiwi, I dress the same way I always dress. In all our cruises, I have never had anyone ask any questions or make comments regarding those you raised. Most comment on how beautiful NZ is.

Perhaps if you really want to, you could wear an AB's jersey:)

Be yourself and be a proud Kiwi.

Cheers

Di

Edited by Dizziedi

First time I saw it I wondered why it wasn't Steve the Sheep.:confused:

Seems more fitting.:p

If you miss Steve I can put in a call to air nz to make sure he or one of his little sheep friends is there to greet you next time you fly with them. [emoji207][emoji6]

Don't let these Aussies pick on you, Chesterbear.:D

We Yanks pronounce the word "route" both ways.

First time I visited Oz, I learned that one of those ways is a very naughty word.

So, before returning in a couple months, I am trying to remember to always pronounce it as "rowte".

However, it does give an interesting twist to the old classic television series slogan:

"Get Your Kicks On Route Sixty Six."

Or, as the Kiwis would say: Sexty Sex.:p

Funnily enough it's a rude word here but we don't differ on our pronounciation of it. [emoji2]

Maybe it's so we don't have to think about saying six in a room full of Aussies [emoji33]

Some years ago I ended up transferring to Air New Zealand to LA and back because Qantas was sacred of a volcano.

Had the joy of Richard Simmons doing the safet videos on every leg of the route.

Edited by Docker123