How many C&A members on your last trip

John&LaLa

I find this info interesting. We've been on cruises where both lounges were jam packed, and others where there were only a handful of people in the CL. I'm sure the numbers for the Harmony TA will be through the roof.

We just started cruising in suites , really surprised on the different sizes of CL, on Navigator it is very small with no ocean view , sometimes could not get a seat, was on Brilliance last month ( a much smaller ship) much larger with outdoor area and plenty of room , never had a problem getting a table and chairs

Darn,

They told me the numbers, but I forget, I know I call these 3 and 4 day Florida cruise "Pinnacle makers" :p I just remember the CD saying 200 kids were on board, up a bit from the previous week. I talked to one parent when he said he kid was on "fall break" 40 years ago when I was in school you didn't start till after labor day , so when I thought it seem early for a break, his kids now return to school in early August.

[/thread hijack]

We are on Freedom 2017 Presidents Cruise, the Med.

Just realized that a huge number of P's will likely be on this cruise.

We are in a GS and are not P. Is the SL/CL going to have a enough seats for Suite Guests? We could use either lounge but generally the SL/CL is much less crowded and not as loud.

We like the SL/CL and consider it a paid for perk. We booked this cruise for the possible headliner entertainer Royal will seek out for the Presidents Cruise. Also, we have wanted to cruise this Itinerary for some time.

Edited by troykahack

Darn,

They told me the numbers, but I forget, I know I call these 3 and 4 day Florida cruise "Pinnacle makers" :p I just remember the CD saying 200 kids were on board, up a bit from the previous week. I talked to one parent when he said he kid was on "fall break" 40 years ago when I was in school you didn't start till after labor day , so when I thought it seem early for a break, his kids now return to school in early August.

[/thread hijack]

Why are so many against our local short getaways?

We just started cruising in suites , really surprised on the different sizes of CL, on Navigator it is very small with no ocean view , sometimes could not get a seat, was on Brilliance last month ( a much smaller ship) much larger with outdoor area and plenty of room , never had a problem getting a table and chairs

I wanna but I won't......

What happens if you reach a milestone? I've never seen anything happen to anyone except most cruise days.:confused:

Milestones can either be earning a Crystal Block gift (every 70 points starting with 140) or the Stratums given to Pinnacles every 350 points starting with 1050.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Against? I don't know that's the case. Perhaps admittedly a little jealous ;) The only time I think people were "against this" was when the status level was by number of cruises. 5 3 day cruises in a junior suite made you diamond at one time. Now that would be just 30 points or 37.5% of the way there.

Against? I don't know that's the case. Perhaps admittedly a little jealous ;) The only time I think people were "against this" was when the status level was by number of cruises. 5 3 day cruises in a junior suite made you diamond at one time. Now that would be just 30 points or 37.5% of the way there.

Well, not sure what is has to do with Pinnacle makers? Are you saying the locals have the advantage of doing 3/4 day cruses?

Well, not sure what is has to do with Pinnacle makers? Are you saying the locals have the advantage of doing 3/4 day cruses?

Um, yea. ;)

Who wants to fly down for a 3 day cruise. :eek:

Or take a 3 day and a 4 day instead of a 7 day. :eek::eek:

Like Bill said, back in the day, you got close to the same credit no matter how long the voyage. I think there was a second point for 12 day and longer.

A few of our extra points were on weekend Sovereign and Monarch sailings, but I lived in Orlando at the time. It was just easy with no vacation needed. Didn't really think to mutch about points back then.

FWIW, today's Pinnacle makers are the Solo Cruisers. I know a couple. ;)

Five 3 day cruises? :eek:

I've had to slog through all these 7 day cruises to make it to diamond. :D

It's not so many, it's only a few whiners on cc

Um, yea. ;)

Like Bill said, back in the day, you got close to the same credit no matter how long the voyage. I think there was a second point for 12 day and longer.

A few of our extra points were on weekend Sovereign and Monarch sailings, but I lived in Orlando at the time. It was just easy with no vacation needed. Didn't really think to mutch about points back then.

We have flown down for a 3 day, followed by an 8 day:D

Many fly down for short cruises and combine them with other forms of vacation

It's not so many, it's only a few whiners on cc

We have flown down for a 3 day, followed by an 8 day:D

Many fly down for short cruises and combine them with other forms of vacation

We've flown down several times for 4 nighters often times because it was less expensive than driving somewhere nearby for a quick getaway and paying for hotel, food, etc.

I would think that because they are

Which ships? Not on the Oasis class. The SL is for suite and Pinnacle only. DL for Diamond and Diamond +. Based on threads I've read on CC this seems to be the direction RC is moving to on ships.

Edited by crusinthrough

Um, yea. ;)

I remember during the DiD days there were people who did B2B2B2B2B cruises over 2 weeks (3 weekends) in Jr suites and rack up 15 points in the old system. That translated into 105 points when they converted the system to points.

Even outside those, the short cruises definitely helped, being in South Florida.

We've flown down several times for 4 nighters often times because it was less expensive than driving somewhere nearby for a quick getaway and paying for hotel, food, etc.

But that takes a whole week of vacation. Might as well do a 7 day leaving on Saturday or Sunday

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

When we lived in Cocoa Beach we didn't cruise. Now we live in Colorado & cruise a couple of times a year (up from one every 5 years to once a year). It's a wonder we have any status!

Sent from my iPad using Forums