"LIVE" from Norwegian Escape - Oct 22, 2016

Radio

I just returned from a great day in St.Thomas. After the beach i went up to Paradise Point. I had some yummy tacos, and a Bushwhacker for lunch.

The views from up there are wonderful. I saw many Cruise passengers who took the tram up there. There is free wifi and clean bathrooms.

Now it's time for a shower, a coffee, and watch the news for a bit. . . We are scheduled to arrive in Tortola BVI at 7 AM tomorrow. We should pick up the harbor pilot by 6:30.

The "enhanced sanitation procedures" continue. Several crew members thought it would have ended today, so there must be a few sick passengers or crew.

Here are a few pics. . .

Radio

A view from Paradise Point

550a883567d4ce8bedbd034c4fbd6c82.jpg

There is no entrance fee, plus there is free Wi-Fi

ccd0b8d7f11d06ccb08696bab2a92268.jpg

I have been here many times, but today is the first time I dined here. . . Very good

acea396dbb2e26370e7adc19ff501bfa.jpg

You have to walk up a few steps to get to the gondola

fbe50d8c5dea0f7291d13ec789c3dae9.jpg

It seems that each gondola can hold 6-8 passengers

74a65108143100ccb522effe896e8682.jpg

So long for now, St Thomas. . .

588963d8c4ef1c87d3954ca4ecd4a8c2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Hello everyone and good morning. Welcome to Day 5 of "LIVE" from Norwegian Escape. We approached the harbor very early this morning, and picked up the Pilot at about 6 AM.

The ship has just been cleared (7:05) for passengers who wish to go ashore. I should be getting off by 8 to check things out. I did not purchase an excursion( I hardly ever do), but I may get rental for travel.

The weather today should be pleasant, with sunny skies. It looks like a very warm day (85F)

We are the only ship in port today and all passengers must be back onboard by 1:30PM.

Here are a few pics from this morning. Thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Early morning approach to Tortola

af93d1c9a507649d7f517b66aa4b8305.jpg

Escape is sailing slowly toward Road Town, Tortola

e631e42d288e2a763c053340e820bcdd.jpg

It seems we are backing in with the pier on our portside

4a7ba9bdfeaa7ab10f901d0fdd186a12.jpg

The Tortola Ferry Terminal

bbcef9c085072ee297494e2e04dd902a.jpg

Norwegian Escape approaches the pier slowly. We have arrived

edb2e09fcccbb90cec9d9f343dc652e2.jpg

As many times as I've sailed to St. Thomas, I have never heard of Paradise Point! I would love to go there. Is it an easy commute from the ship? :)

It's right across the street from your Havensight pier...at least the tram that goes up the mountain to PP is. Used to be a ferris wheel up there, too, if you've ever seen it. It's no longer there now, though.

It's right across the street from your Havensight pier...at least the tram that goes up the mountain to PP is. Used to be a ferris wheel up there, too, if you've ever seen it. It's no longer there now, though.

Thank you, I will visit this place on my next cruise.:)

Edited by laedw

Hello everyone. . . Today was a lovely day in Tortola (A short day, but a nice day)

I left the ship at about 8AM and walked into the NEW Tortola Pier Park. There are many more shops than were there last time I was here (Oct 2015) The Grand Opening was in Feb 2016, and I guess I expected a little more would have been done. There are over 25 shops open, but I was told that it may take another year for the Pier Park to finish. (As planned)

When completed it has been suggested that it may look similar to the Falmouth Pier Park.

The stores here in Tortola are nice, and the locals are very friendly. It seemed that many places did not open until 11 or 12 noon. I am happy that they have 2 Car Rental Facilities here . . . that is something that was missing before. You can rent a car for the day from between $70-$75.

There are plenty of taxis available while in the pier area, or just outside there is a Taxi dispatch building. The prices are reasonable. There were several Taxis (licensed) that offered a 3 hour tour for just $35.00. The closest beach is about a 15min ride. If you go over to the north side it may take another 10min.

There is a craft market just a few blocks away, just before the Ferry Terminal. You can take a ferry to St. Thomas, Virgin Gorda, Jost van Dyke from this terminal. NCL only stays until 3 so the ferry was out of the question. I may try one if the ship stayed until 5 or 6PM.

After walking around for about 3 hours, I made my way back to the pier for some refreshments and a snack. I was able to get back to the ship by around 1PM.

I am planning on going to Cagney’s, and the 80’s party later on. Here are a few pics from today. . . Tomorrow is a Sea Day!

Radio

I love the artwork on Norwegian Escape

W1.jpg

I thinks that it firs this ship

W2.jpg

Welcome to Tortola, BVI

W15.jpg

Many of the shops have opened, but there should be twice as many

W14.jpg

There are several places to eat, drink, and shop. . .

W11.jpg

There is also a lot of free Wi-Fi

W4.jpg

Here are a few more pics. . . More tomorrow.

Thanks for tuning in!

Radio

I had to stop at Pusser’s Outpost

W5.jpg

I stopped briefly at the Craft Market

W9.jpg

I am able to see Norwegian Escape from the Ferry Terminal

W6.jpg

My home for a few more days

W12.jpg

Pier side towel exchange, shade rest and refreshment stop

W17.jpg

Oh well . . . It’s time to get back on.

W18.jpg

Edited by Radio

Question Regarding Sapphire beach, does it have amenities? food , bathrooms, rental of equipment, like floats thanks

Yes they provide all of the above mentioned rentals. . . The bathrooms are not very good, but they do have them and changing rooms.

Radio

;);)

Edited by Radio

Love your review. How much was the aerial tram in St. Thomas? Was it an NCL excursion? Thanks!

Sorry to jump in - but I have done the skyride in St. Thomas many times. You can just walk up and buy a ticket - it was $22 last time we went. (last Feb.) I know on CCL they sell the tickets as an excursion for $20. No set time on tickets - you just walk over and get on when you want.

I have enjoyed your review - thanks so much!! We are getting the ship when you get off - is it still in extreme sanitation mode (no silverware, salt and pepper on tables, no self service at buffet, etc...)?

Yes, Sanitation Mode is in effect. . .

Radio

Hello everyone, Good Morning and Welcome to Day 6 of "LIVE" from Norwegian Escape. I think we may be travelling at full speed (21kts) on our way to Nassau.

The weather today is sunny and warm and a little windy. The seas are a little choppy, but it is easy to tell you're on a ship. . .

There are tons of activities scheduled for today. There will be a lot of entertainment, and many fitness and health seminars. I think I may need to find the " Secrets to a flatter stomach" seminar in the Mandara Spa.

I had a nice breakfast this morning down at Taste DR. It was relaxing, and I didn't have to wait in line for a fork, coffee cup, or pack of sugar.

I will be posting all of the Freestyle Dailies when I return on Saturday. Today will be a relaxing day of rest for me. Here are a few pics from this morning . . .

Radio

Sunny morning at Spice H2o

210975e627184684468d9dee19b9845e.jpg

I had breakfast at Taste DR

64f52b99992501471df2b6ff6ace30a6.jpg

My view from Taste (Deck 6)

371eed102b5d79ecc10e0c9a728d3ff6.jpg

Sunny Skies and rolling seas from The Waterfront on Norwegian Escape

24c7ece4c110d83b0130026426ee1a0e.jpg

You can't tell, but the seas are rolling

081473f5dfe4fa803bf92efd45887632.jpg

We are moving fast. . . .

7fbb75222e1c48cb5cb691741c20f51a.jpg

How is the crowd level at the pools? We are cruising next October and I have heard the pools get so crowded on sea days that there are no chairs on any deck. I was just wondering if you have experienced this on your vacation.