First time B2B question

PeglegJ

Hi everyone

Can someone help? We have never done a b2b before (Royal Princess, 12 August 2016) and I am curious as to the format of the crossover day. I know we have to re check in and I assume muster (?) and that as we are in the same cabin we don't have to move our luggage.

However, we are in Rome that day and I really want to do an excursion. Is this still possible? Do we have to wait to check out as though we are actually disembarking for good? Just a bit confused as to how this all works.

Any advice/info from all the more experienced cruisers would be great.

thanks

Jackie

Hi everyone

Can someone help? We have never done a b2b before (Royal Princess, 12 August 2016) and I am curious as to the format of the crossover day. I know we have to re check in and I assume muster (?) and that as we are in the same cabin we don't have to move our luggage.

However, we are in Rome that day and I really want to do an excursion. Is this still possible? Do we have to wait to check out as though we are actually disembarking for good? Just a bit confused as to how this all works.

Any advice/info from all the more experienced cruisers would be great.

thanks

Jackie

Assume you mean Rome in August 2017. Not changing cabins. Turnaround day will be like any other port day. Book whatever tours you wish. The cruise card you receive when you originally boarded will be valid until your final disembarkation. No further check in/out required. Any charges on your on board account will roll over. You will receive one final invoice at the end of your cruise. You will not have to attend a 2nd muster drill.

The turnarounds procedure at U.S. ports is a little different and this may have confused you,.

Agree. Turn around day outside of the US is simply a port day. You may do whatever you wish, like any other port.

It is different in a US port.

In any event, you will receive written directions on board as to any requirements. At no time do you "check out".

Edited by CruiserBruce

Thank you guys. I did indeed mean Aug 2017 (!) and I guess it is our TA who has confused us by saying we would need check back in. I think they just actually just don't know.

Glad to hear that it is just a normal port day.

We just did a B2B with the last leg being a TA staying in the same stateroom. Turn around day we did a ship excursion specifically for B2B pax and it was great. The charges and OBC on your account will simply continue until you debark the ship. Also the internet minutes will also roll over for the second cruise until they are used. At that point you will have to start over with the new minutes.

On cruises round trip out of a US port, you will have to leave the ship with passport in a group and go through ICE agents before being allowed back on the ship. You cannot reboard until the the port authorities allow boarding but you will be first in line. Your onboard account will roll over (charges and OBC) so no checkin is required.

On cruises round trip out of a US port, you will have to leave the ship with passport in a group and go through ICE agents before being allowed back on the ship. You cannot reboard until the the port authorities allow boarding but you will be first in line. .

We have an ships excursion booked for our turnaround day in FLL on our B2B, which starts at 9 a.m. So will we just get off, go through ICE agents and then straight back on, or stay off and pick the coaches up without reboarding?

Thank you guys. I did indeed mean Aug 2017 (!) and I guess it is our TA who has confused us by saying we would need check back in. I think they just actually just don't know.

Glad to hear that it is just a normal port day.

When in doubt, I always confirm here in CC, not with the TA. Not all TAs have actual experience on every cruising detail.

On cruises round trip out of a US port, you will have to leave the ship with passport in a group and go through ICE agents before being allowed back on the ship. You cannot reboard until the the port authorities allow boarding but you will be first in line. Your onboard account will roll over (charges and OBC) so no checkin is required.

We have an ships excursion booked for our turnaround day in FLL on our B2B, which starts at 9 a.m. So will we just get off, go through ICE agents and then straight back on, or stay off and pick the coaches up without reboarding?

On turnaround day in a USA port (other than Alaska on a trip from Vancouver) you can treat it as a normal port day if you are taking a ship or personal excursion and will be leaving for your adventure before 10 AM. However, you will need to take your passport with you as you will pass through immigration on your way out of the terminal. If you return to the ship after about noon, you simply go through security and then directly to the ship.

If you have not left the ship by about 10 AM, that is when you would meet as a group to go through immigration and then be led back onto the ship.

Reason the procedure is different in Alaska for cruises from Vancouver is that you go through USA immigration before boarding the ship in Vancouver and thus do not need to do it again in Whittier.