Blu Reservations

Brendaflamingo

Hello

My boyfriend and I are in Aqua Class cabin and Blu is are dining.

Our reservation show Select dining with Traditional wait list.

Do we need to make reservations for each night in Blu, if so how is that done?

Can I set up before the cruise or once I get on the ship?

Is there a Main and Traditional dining times in Blu or only for the Main dining room?

Never done the Blu dining and confused. Ha Ha

Thanks

Brenda:confused:

Hello

My boyfriend and I are in Aqua Class cabin and Blu is are dining.

Do we need to make reservations for each night in Blu, if so how is that done?

Can I set up before the cruise or once I get on the ship?

Is there a Main and Traditional dining times in Blu or only for the Main dining room?

Never done the Blu dining and confused. Ha Ha

Thanks

Brenda:confused:

We have the same problem so I'm glad you asked! We're down for 6 p.m traditional dining ( we wouldn't eat that early anyway) on our booking but we're in Aqua too so we are going along to Blu.

I was going to mention it at Guest services as I'd hate them to think we just hadn't showed up at MDR.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The short answer is. Celebrity and there IT department.:mad: It really does not make any difference what time or dinning place is on your cruise reservation. If you are in a Aqua cabin you are assigned to the Blu restaurants. Blu takes no reservations. You just show up and they will seat you. They have the same problems with Suite Class and Luminae.

The info you see is only for people the are dining in the MDR or MDR select.

Blu is open seating from 6:00 to 8:30, come when you are ready. Peak time is 7:00 ish when there will be a bit of a wait.

Last cruise we had a group of 6 and they seated us at the same table every evening, except one time. One other evening everyone seemed to arrive at the same time, and they took 10-12 over to Tuscan instead of making us wait.

We have the same problem so I'm glad you asked! We're down for 6 p.m traditional dining ( we wouldn't eat that early anyway) on our booking but we're in Aqua too so we are going along to Blu.

I was going to mention it at Guest services as I'd hate them to think we just hadn't showed up at MDR.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Blu is your assigned dining room, you do not have a seat in the MDR. You will receive a letter in your room explaining the dining arrangement. They will ask you to go to dinner a specific time the first night but you can ignore that. Blu is anytime timing and reservations are not accepted.

As the previous poster explained the dining choices are only done for the computer, has no relevance whatsoever.

For the first night they suggest a time on a card in your stateroom...just to spread things out...but whatever works is ok..

First night is crowded..til folks get it figured out.

Love BLU...and we hope to be dining there in two days!

You just show up whenever you want to. Between 7pm-8pm, it will be very crowded. Every once in a while we would have to wait 15-20 minutes. If you go when it first opens or late, you won't have to wait.

On my past cruises, Celebrity offered a discount to the specialty restaurants on the first night for Aqua class passengers to alleviate the crowd in Blu.

Monica

You just show up whenever you want to. Between 7pm-8pm, it will be very crowded. Every once in a while we would have to wait 15-20 minutes. If you go when it first opens or late, you won't have to wait.

On my past cruises, Celebrity offered a discount to the specialty restaurants on the first night for Aqua class passengers to alleviate the crowd in Blu.

Monica

Yes and on my last Aqua cruise on the Summit, the offer was on a small piece of paper within the envelope mentioning the Blu dining hours, really had to look for it.

If you are booked in Aqua, ignore the above information on your reservation. You will be eating in Blu and Blu does not take reservations. If you want to be seated immediately, avoid the 7pm to 8pm time slot, otherwise you might have to wait 15 minutes for a table.

We usually eat in a specialty restaurant the first night at a 50% discount to avoid the "first night crowds" in Blu.

It's so nice because you don't have to arrive at a certain time. I would say the busiest time *can* be right after the first show in the theatre gets out, so a little before 8. We always did that, and walked fast to get to Blu ha ha.

If you plan on doing specialty restaurants, they'll give you a 50% discount as an Aqua/Blu pax on the first night. They like to get things all sorted out (whatever that means, really) so they encourage people to eat elsewhere night 1. Always worked for us!!! We did Tuscan Grill with people on our roll call three or four times on the first night and it was a really fun time to get to know people and put faces to names we'd seen here for months. And bonus 50% off.

I have another question related to Blu. I remember that some friends who were at Blu went to the Main Dinning Room 2 or 3 nights at Select Dinning. Is it still possible to go to the Main Dinning room when you are in Aqua Class?

Thank you

Daniel

I have another question related to Blu. I remember that some friends who were at Blu went to the Main Dinning Room 2 or 3 nights at Select Dinning. Is it still possible to go to the Main Dinning room when you are in Aqua Class?

Thank you

Daniel

Yes it is, no problem!

Thank you

Daniel

The Blu Hostess/Host will be glad to set up everything for you.

If you want to go to the MDR, have it arranged by the Maitre d' in Blu. They will do it gladly but it can create a problem if you just show up in the MDR. On one cruise, a couple had an issue after going to the MDR where the system dropped them from Blu. I took a little time and some anger to get it straightened out. Don't need the hassle.

You will certainly enjoy Blu. A very close friend of mine was with two other couples in AQ. One of the ladies could not eat the food in Blu due to spices, flavoring or something like that, so all six moved to MDR. My husband and I like suites, but not always the food in Luminae. We have our butler make reservations for us in Blu - the earliest time. That way we do not inconvenience any Blu customers. Guests can pay 100(2 people) extra to eat with friend's in Lumanie, but not in Blu. Those are the rules, until something changes!

Edited by Lastdance

We have our butler make reservations for us in Blu - the earliest time.

Blu doesn't accept reservations, even for suite guests. Aqua guests get priority seating in Blu over suite guests. Suite guests can eat in Blu on a "space available" basis - suite guests go to the back of the line if there is a wait in Blu.

It speaks highly of Celebrity's IT Department that they have not been able to modify their software (for years) to accommodate the open sitting scheme in Blu.

Hank

Yup, this has been the most asked question about Blu since it was launched on the Solstice, not can I eat in the MDR, how is the cuisine, etc. but this question.