Port Vendres (Carcossonne) Quest 29th May 2017

Mrs Miggins

Bonnie, would welcome your input.

Just booked Quest Nice to Nice. One of the attractions was the chance to visit Carcassonne after many many years. The itinerary shows Port Vendres - Carcassonne.

After doing some research I see that it is about a one and a half to two hour drive from Port Vendres. I am not a great fan of Shore Excursions but on this occasion I might have made an exception bearing in mind the short stay in port.

After checking the shore excursions brochure I was surprised to see that no tour is currently offered. Surely this can't be right especially considering that Carcassone is shown on the itinerary?

It seems that Azamara missed a trick when they prepared for the apparent charter shortly after your cruise -- why did they make a 3-day cruise after yours instead of adding those days to your cruise so that Port Vendres could be a long stay? But as it is, you would not be able to see very much of Carcassonne. The three shore excursions on offer all look interesting in their own right, but not if you had your heart set on Carcassonne.

My disappointment stems from the fact that Carcassonne is shown on the itinerary.

"from Port-Vendres, go wine tasting and take a tour of ancient Carcassonne"

Is the quote from the Azamara website for this cruise, so I am mystified.

Host Jazzbeau I didn't realise the 3 night cruise following this one is a charter. It is certainly being sold as a 3 night regular cruise on UK websites

My disappointment stems from the fact that Carcassonne is shown on the itinerary.

"from Port-Vendres, go wine tasting and take a tour of ancient Carcassonne"

Is the quote from the Azamara website for this cruise, so I am mystified.

Host Jazzbeau I didn't realise the 3 night cruise following this one is a charter. It is certainly being sold as a 3 night regular cruise on UK websites

Sorry for the confusion. The 3 night cruise is an Azamara cruise. I am assuming it is so short because the cruise after that is a charter [there seems to be a large gap in the schedule at that point]. My point was that when they booked the charter, they should have lengthened your cruise to 14 days instead of creating the baby cruise.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

The cruise straight after the 3 day cruise isn't a charter either...

Regarding Port Vendres, this seems to only be added fairly recently on the 29 May itinerary so perhaps The Destinations team haven't got around to finalising all the tour options. Carcassone should definitely be made available.

Edited by durante

The cruise straight after the 3 day cruise isn't a charter either...

Regarding Port Vendres, this seems to only be added fairly recently on the 29 May itinerary so perhaps The Destinations team haven't got around to finalising all the tour options. Carcassone should definitely be made available.

You're right -- I must have filtered the results for French Riviera so there appeared to be a gap from the 3 day cruise until September... But now it's even more bizarre -- why does a cruise line that specializes in longer cruises with longer stays in port cut this visit so short and then run a 3 day cruise? Seems like anti-Azamara???

Sorry for the confusion. The 3 night cruise is an Azamara cruise. I am assuming it is so short because the cruise after that is a charter [there seems to be a large gap in the schedule at that point]. My point was that when they booked the charter, they should have lengthened your cruise to 14 days instead of creating the baby cruise.

The next cruise is not a charter. We've been booked since 2014. Nice to Athens

Sent from my iPhone using Forums