Help please!!!!

pballrwgp

Ok so I will start off by saying I'm new to cruising. That being said I will continue in to a two part question.

First I will be sailing on the ncl escape feb11 and I had gotten a balcony room so I received a drinking package and a restaurant package. With the restaurant package do I have to pay any additional charges or is it just the cover charge or is there a price per plate? Thank you

Second question is I'm planning a destination wedding for 2018 so I have plenty of time. How often does a ship change its ports of call and what reasons would they. I was thinking of doing the breakaway to the Bahamas but I don't want to miss my wedding day if they for some reason change the course. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok so I will start off by saying I'm new to cruising. That being said I will continue in to a two part question.

First I will be sailing on the ncl escape feb11 and I had gotten a balcony room so I received a drinking package and a restaurant package. With the restaurant package do I have to pay any additional charges or is it just the cover charge or is there a price per plate? Thank you

Second question is I'm planning a destination wedding for 2018 so I have plenty of time. How often does a ship change its ports of call and what reasons would they. I was thinking of doing the breakaway to the Bahamas but I don't want to miss my wedding day if they for some reason change the course. Thanks guys

you can check the term & condition for the free at sea promo

https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-deals/choice

scroll down the page and click on term & condition

you get 3 free dinners. One entree and multiple appetizers and desserts. On the Escape, if you eat at Bayamos, Tapas, or Supper Club Cabernet, there is andditional upcharge.

ships change itineraries for severe weather. There has been and continues to be changed itineraries today due to hurricanes

Have a good cruise

Read the cruise contract... they can change, replace, substitute or cancel any port for any reason. Just so you know! I would get married BEFORE I boarded the ship...and have a week long party!

Edited by cb at sea

On our recent NCL cruise there was a last minute itinerary change No Bermuda only Nassau. The couple had gotten married prior to boarding but now their friends and family were on their way to Bermuda. They had to depart the ship before we even left the NY pier.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by carol54

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Ships can miss a port or change an itinerary for many reasons, including weather and mechanical issues. So if you *absolutely* must get somewhere, and on a certain date, a cruise ship is not the best mode of transportation.

Good luck with your planning!

Now I was planning on doing it in May so it wouldn't be during hurricane season would that make a difference?

I'm no expert but like someone said before, if you have to be somewhere in a specific date, cruise ship is not the most guaranteed option.

Isn't it possible to get married on-board?

Now I was planning on doing it in May so it wouldn't be during hurricane season would that make a difference?

Anything can happen from weather to ship problems. However, those are fairly rare. Of that route going on BA in May the most probable thing to happen is to miss GSC - the private island - due to sea conditions since it is a tender port.

First of all, congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

I just have to echo what others have said. It can be an iffy proposition to count on the ship arriving at a particular location on a specific day. From personal experience, a few years I took a Western Caribbean cruise in March (definitely not hurricane season) that changed one of the ports because 6 months earlier that port had taken a direct hit from a hurricane and port facilities were slow to be fully restored - we did not find out until just before the cruise. Also, on that particular cruise we were supposed to be in Roatan for a full day - due to arrive at 8 a.m. We arrived at 3 p.m. due to a mechanical issue with the ship and had a shortened stay there.

For what its worth, I think a wedding on the ship would be lovely!

Edited by JerseyMom

YEAH!! Congradulations. That is like my dream wedding, you are going to love it I am sure. You can always take the Atlantis Excusion if you want to see and use the hotel for the day, however doing the Dolphin Swim has been one of my highlights through all the years and did that on our 1st(it was my son and I though). Enjoy!!

Oh and not to mention how much cheaper it can be for your guests depending on how lavish they want their room. Inside staterooms can be much cheaper then a stay at a hotel like that as well as airfare if you have anyone on a budget

Looked in to and and decided to do it on ship much much cheaper and no risk thanks for the input

That's the best plan!

I just wanted to chime in with what could go wrong. We did an early May cruise one year which was supposed to be calling at Mexico. No hurricane to worry about, however Swine Flu broke out and Mexico wasn't allowing any ships to dock. Basically Mexico was closed for business. We sailed in large circles for a couple of days and the Captain was able to secure a berth in Nassau for a day, so yes other things can affect itineraries and not only weather and mechanical problems.

Edited by Sauer-kraut

Looked in to and and decided to do it on ship much much cheaper and no risk thanks for the input

Did you call NCL for the info?

Our cruise next year will be sort of a 10th anniversary honeymoon and I just thought it would be a nice surprise for the wife of we renewed ours on-board.

May would be a great month for predicable weather. Ship mechanical problem would be only worry or a ship of sick people. It all can happen. But it sounds like a safer time I would do it then.

Sent from my iPad using Forums