Inconsistent opinion from Princess on what's an early flight.

CineGraphic

For our upcoming Panama Canal, I booked my own air.

Our return flight leaves at 10:45am.

When entering that info into my cruise personalizer, I see. "This flight departs too early to reliably make your flight after arrival."

Yet, just last night I was looking at a last minute offer for a 10 day sailing from Princess with a great low rate ($499), I looked to see what the flights would cost via EZair, and guess what flight they were offering....the exact same 10:45am flight home.

Come on Princess, It's either too early, or it's not.

Screen-Shot-2016-11-04-at-12.58.58-PM.png

When entering that info into my cruise personalizer, I see. "This flight departs too early to reliably make your flight after arrival."

Yet, just last night I was looking at a last minute offer for a 10 day sailing from Princess with a great low rate ($499), I looked to see what the flights would cost via EZair, and guess what flight they were offering....the exact same 10:45am flight home.

hahaha!! I think you will be fine with that flight. :D

If you take the early walk off option, wheel all your own luggage, you should be off the ship by between 7:00 and 7:30. It takes maybe 15 or so mins to get through Immigration & Customs. A taxi to the airport is 20 mins.. You should be at the airport in time to go through security and catch your flight. If you have TSA Pre-Check security will go even quicker.

If you take the early walk off option, wheel all your own luggage, you should be off the ship by between 7:00 and 7:30. It takes maybe 15 or so mins to get through Immigration & Customs. A taxi to the airport is 20 mins.. You should be at the airport in time to go through security and catch your flight. If you have TSA Pre-Check security will go even quicker.

That's exactly what I planned on doing.

Customs may even go quicker for us, as we will be using the new "Mobile Pass" app. http://www.mobilepassport.us/

Screen-Shot-2016-11-04-at-12.58.58-PM.png

Your comparing apples to oranges . $499 cruise is closed loops. The customs check isn't as intensive . Panama Canal cruises are totally different . Customs is more rigorous.

Your comparing apples to oranges . $499 cruise is closed loops. The customs check isn't as intensive . Panama Canal cruises are totally different . Customs is more rigorous.

The only time I've honestly ever noticed a difference while going through customs was when I returned to DC from Amsterdam. :cool:

Their 10 day cruise IS a closed loop cruise.

It a closed loop . The CBP considers Panama a drug source country. They spend extra time checking for drugs and contraband.

We have done closed loop cruises to Mexico from california and customs was almost a walk thru. When we came off a Panama Canal full transit the CBP check was more through and took longer..

Flight guidelines for domestic flights at FLL state 4 hours after ship's arrival. The Coral (Panama cruise) arrives at 7 am, so the ATL flight is 15 minutes short. The 10 day Caribbean cruises on the Regal and Royal arrive at 6 am...45 minutes to spare. ;)

Aha.... my oversight, my apologies to Princess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums