Ok probably dumb Q regarding perks

TheSiren

Not sure if this is the right place to post or not...I have finally booked my first ever cruise so I'm new at all of this. I'm happy with what I've booked but need some clarification.

I booked a Med cruise for Oct 2017 with the "go best" perks, directly with Celebrity. I am months away from my final payment so have plenty of time to cancel and rebook if a better deal comes up.

I keep watching the price of my cruise because I hear that the prices can fluctuate and if they go down, you might be able to save some money. Well today the prices went down (for a few hours at least), $300pp. Only "perk" if I booked under the new price was $300 OBC.

Here's my question. Am I right in assuming that if I rebook, I would lose all the "go best" perks (understanding that I would technically keep the $300 OBC because that was the 1 perk listed).

In order to save money and sail with all the perks, I would need to either wait to see if the cruise is ever offered at a lower price than what I paid with all perks included or at a low enough price that I could purchase any perks that weren't included and still save money, right?

I know, I know, I should know the answer but I want to make sure I understand correctly and not miss out on the possibility to save a little. Either way, I'm very excited for my upcoming cruise!

Edited by TheSiren

Am I right in assuming that if I rebook, I would lose all the "go best" perks (understanding that I would technically keep the $300 OBC because that was the 1 perk listed).

In order to save money and sail with all the perks, I would need to either wait to see if the cruise is ever offered at a lower price than what I paid with all perks included or at a low enough price that I could purchase any perks that weren't included and still save money, right?

Both of these statements are correct.

Robert

Both of these statements are correct.

Robert

Perhaps I'm not understanding but you pay extra for "go best". I don't think it's not available if you see the "go big" perk of $300. Perhaps you're seeing a resident rate-- try searching with no "discount options" selected.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Giving up a Premium Drink package, internet package, and included gratuities to save $300 seems like a very bad idea to me. Be careful and make sure that you are comparing apples to apples.

Check the price of your grat.--they, alone, will eat up a lot of your $300 savings for one person. Then, if you drink at all, you're going to probably use up the last of the $300 on board credit for one person. That leaves you with the $300 savings for the other person. Only you can guess how much you will drink and how much the internet is worth to you. You'll be able to use internet in ports, probably, so perhaps port days aren't important.

And you have the $300 on-board credit in addition to the savings per person that add up to $600. That may take care of what is important to you and still save you money.

It's always a balancing act to decide what is the best deal, and what's great for one person may not be important at all for the next one.

Edited by Pstreet12

Did you book the cruise yourself or did you use a TA? Often a TA can get you deals that you couldn't necessarily get yourself (like the $300 drop and keeping go best).

That being said, you just need to compare apples to apples, When you booked you paid more for go best than if you had booked under go big. So there isn't necessarily any price drop if you are looking at the go big price (ours was $405 pp to go from go big to go best). What you need to do is start a mock booking and take it to the page where you pick between the go big, go better, and go best price. That's when you'll be able to see if the price for your package went down or not. That being said, yes, as long as you are before final payment you should have no issue switching back to go big for price savings if you prefer that.

Edited by sanger727

Giving up a Premium Drink package, internet package, and included gratuities to save $300 seems like a very bad idea to me. Be careful and make sure that you are comparing apples to apples.

Ditto! Our drinks tab for a 7 day cruise has run $60-90 a day for each of us alone.

My 2017 Bermuda cruise dropped $300 total and I was able to keep all of the perks (4). At first he did not see the price that they saw on the website but then he found it and my account was updated. I received a confirmation and everything looked good. I check out the prices every couple of days and when I see a price drop, I call Celebrity right away. I even called at 12mn and spoke to a representative. The prices can change fast so when you see a price drop call quickly before the price goes away. I did not have to cancel and rebook. ;)