Is the Navigator bad or is Rccl bad

antsp

What is "butlins"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A holiday camp

Try Googling it as if you do not know about the great British tradition of holiday camps and especially Butlins and its Red coats it would take all day to explain..

Failing that watch an edition of Hi De Hi.

They should have just a complaining website so the constant whiners can complain to themselves instead of frightening future cruisers into thinking what they say is accurate for everyone who was on that same ship, or, who will be going on that ship.

I don't really give a rats pitunia about your experience that your trying to pass along as the way it will be for everyone.

Everyone will always have a different opinion, experience, complaint, and compliment based on their personality and expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They should have just a complaining website so the constant whiners can complain to themselves instead of frightening future cruisers into thinking what they say is accurate for everyone who was on that same ship, or, who will be going on that ship.

I don't really give a rats pitunia about your experience that your trying to pass along as the way it will be for everyone.

Everyone will always have a different opinion, experience, complaint, and compliment based on their personality and expectations.

I agree and disagree

I think its good the OP says it how he or she experienced it. I jumped in on the thread as I was on the same cruise and had a fantastic time.

The reality of the experience I guess is somewhere between the two. I think its beneficial to all that reviews are balanced with good, and if warranted in their opinion, not so good reviews.

I totally agree that everyone has a right to their opinion and experience, however, don't you feel that some people write their post and clarify it's their opinion, rather than how others write their post as a blanket statement that their comments is the way it is or will be for everyone?

To me, when it comes across that way, potential new or inexperienced cruisers might get scared or worried when in most instances, that won't be what they really can expect or experience.

I totally agree that everyone has a right to their opinion and experience, however, don't you feel that some people write their post and clarify it's their opinion, rather than how others write their post as a blanket statement that their comments is the way it is or will be for everyone?

To me, when it comes across that way, potential new or inexperienced cruisers might get scared or worried when in most instances, that won't be what they really can expect or experience.

Fair point, I think when its a negative experience its hard not to be like that though.

Nothing worse than a holiday experience that doesn't match expectation and thankfully I haven't had many. Perhaps I had a more realistic expectation for an October School holiday cruise from the UK.

Sorry to hear you didn't have an enjoyable cruise. As you can see in my signature, we have taken several cruises during holiday times as well, and find they are a different experience with many children and extended family groups.

We know holiday cruises will be different and we adjust our attitude to accept whatever comes. We have two more holiday cruises booked. We have never had a bad cruise, although some have been better than others.

Have a great cruise, wherever you go next.

Edited by JimAOk1945

We also sailed NOS in late August. It was different then other cruises as it was packed with kids and the weather was poor. That kept most everyone inside for the entire cruise.

Most RCCL ships are not built to have everyone inside. Think about all the folks that are on the pool deck and outdoor spaces on a warm weather cruise. Now put all those folks indoors. It gets crowded and people are not happy not being able to enjoy the outside venues. Kids got bored. Families made their own fun inside.

The Navigator is not a bad ship. The crew is not a bad crew. Guests were making messes. Overcrowding leads to long lines.

Your Stateroom condition is not the norm. But, I agree one contact with the head of Housekeeping and I am willing to bet your problems would have been solved on the spot.

You had a poor experience. But I am sure a cruise during off peak times will suit you much better.

Hope you have a much better experience on your next cruise. Or how ever you decide to vacation.

It really Shows how different People and their experiences are. I´ve read many Reviews on here about the exact same Cruises I´ve been on and often asked myself how could that have been the same cruise you´ve been on.

I usually take many grains of salt with every Review and I have a look at the Overall tone a poster has in their other Posts.

To answer the OP´s question. It´s not just Navigator, it´s RCI and you are much better off on other lines, or maybe no line at all.

I am sure I will be flamed for these comments, but please try to understand that I am making a general comment based on my personal experience.

Although I live in the US, I was born and raised in UK, and have been "home" many times, also sailed out of Southampton.

When on a UK based cruise I have noticed many passengers dump plates in non-food locations, much more than on a US based cruise. Also I find many American passengers tend to clean up after themselves, or at least pile their dishes ready for pickup on a table. My last fast food visit in England couldn't find a table because of all the garbage. Even my young grandkids know to tidy up - watched a child on the Independence leave banana peel as he walked down pool deck - mother didn't correct him.

There seems to be an attitude "of you are here to serve me" whereas I find many Americans tend to make friends with the staff and don't expect to be treated like royalty for a week.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but have had this same conversation with friends and family in the UK and they agree, especially those who travel extensively. I do think the heavy drinking is partly to blame.

Sorry in advance for offending anyone. To OP sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise. Sailed 30+ times with RC, not always perfect, but have never had a complaint about the cleanliness of the ship.

Why did you complain to the pursers desk about a housekeeping issue? That could have been cleared up with a call to your stateroom attendant.

Glasses in the fridge? Odd. You didn't just take them out?

Curry and potatoes sounds wonderful to me. I hope I see that at WJ on adventure! Were you going at off times to experience cold food that should have been hot?

Dining room menus change every night. I've never cared for Royal desserts. That's why we budget for Ben and Jerrys. :)

I've seen dirty dishes in hallways at fancy hotels. Doesn't every surprise me. If it bugs me I call housekeeping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did complain to pursers desk, very dis interested and suggested talking directly to the steward, didn't even see him/her didn't even introduce themselves on embarkation day. The 6 cabins the 15 members of the family had were in various location throughout the ship. Pubic hair in the bathroom is not a welcoming sight, long black hairs on the window ledge.

Did complain to pursers desk, very dis interested and suggested talking directly to the steward, didn't even see him/her didn't even introduce themselves on embarkation day. The 6 cabins the 15 members of the family had were in various location throughout the ship. Pubic hair in the bathroom is not a welcoming sight, long black hairs on the window ledge.

Okay, I gotta ask...how do you know it was pubic hair?! :eek:

Seriously though, if this was at the beginning of your cruise, a call to housekeeping would likely have gotten better results... the staff aren't perfect and they are rushed on turn around day... but I'm sure they would have made it better had they known. A note left, when we don't see our steward, always worked for us...

I am sure I will be flamed for these comments, but please try to understand that I am making a general comment based on my personal experience.

Although I live in the US, I was born and raised in UK, and have been "home" many times, also sailed out of Southampton.

When on a UK based cruise I have noticed many passengers dump plates in non-food locations, much more than on a US based cruise. Also I find many American passengers tend to clean up after themselves, or at least pile their dishes ready for pickup on a table. My last fast food visit in England couldn't find a table because of all the garbage. Even my young grandkids know to tidy up - watched a child on the Independence leave banana peel as he walked down pool deck - mother didn't correct him.

There seems to be an attitude "of you are here to serve me" whereas I find many Americans tend to make friends with the staff and don't expect to be treated like royalty for a week.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but have had this same conversation with friends and family in the UK and they agree, especially those who travel extensively. I do think the heavy drinking is partly to blame.

Sorry in advance for offending anyone. To OP sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise. Sailed 30+ times with RC, not always perfect, but have never had a complaint about the cleanliness of the ship.

I know you apologise in advance for offending anyone but it does seem as if you are taring all U.K. Cruisers with the same brush. We are not all the same. Some of us are very polite, clean, tidy up after ourselves and children etc.

From the threads I have read regarding 'spring break' cruises from the US, they sound very similar to this school holiday one. And to be avoided.

Sad but true Grandma Dazzles it does seem that littering is on the increase in UK, and tidying up after ourselves comes very low on our priority list.

I hope it is not because we think that waiters should clear up after us, more likely it is because parents do not correct their children when they drop litter or leave the dinner table in a mess.

It baffles me how anyone can just drop litter or worse still throw it out of their vehicle, lorry drivers (that's trucks in the states) do seem to be among the worst offenders.

However don't try to correct any kids in the UK, unless you want to end up in a fierce argument with their parents.

Sorry you had such a bad cruise, OP. My experience on the Navigator when the ship was based in Galveston was positive, with none of the issues you described...especially the trash around the ship.

That said, ships change from year to year and even week to week, based on the staff/crew, the itinerary, and the passenger load. I was an elementary school principal, and as such I had to cruise at Spring Break. Of the nine years we cruised at Spring Break we only had one negative experience, and that was directly attributable to a large pack of unruly and disruptive teens, and their parents who ignored their antics -- riding the elevators for fun and leaving plates of food everywhere, pushing adults out of the way, cursing at adults, and even throwing drinks on people. The next year, we took the same ship the same week, and the experience couldn't have been more different.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Room was dirty, hairs in bathroom, old shoes in wardrobe, dirty glasses in fridge. Complained to pursuers desk, not interested. Windjammer food cold, very cheap offerings, curry, potatoe curry, dirty uncleared tables etc. Bar service very slow, massive lines to be served. Dining rooms menu, no changes really through the week, desserts very poor. General dirty conditions throughout the ship, plates and food left in elevators and corridors and a few hours later still there, is that enough
Never mind, sorry I asked....K.O.

So your telling me you never saw your cabin steward the whole cruise????.....K.O.:rolleyes:

Funny that you should write this. Im a Brit that has lived in Canada for 20 years and I feel the same way. Having seen how my ex-country has gone downhill over the last few years I couldnt agree with you more. On my last trip back to the UK I was stunned at how dirty and garbage strewn the country has become. From London to Nottingham and all points in between it is like there is no more pride left.

I have seen the same thing when watching Brit's visiting Canada or on my trips down to the U.S. The sense of entitlement was a wonder to behold. We have an upcoming b2b on Navigator and so I have been reading lots of reviews. There are a stunning number of bad reviews from people that cruised from the UK.

I guess I have been "assimilated" into the North American culture which I think is more live and let live, especially in Canada which is quite a melting pot of nationalities and cultures.

I do not think it is unreasonable for the OP to have expected Guest Services to be of assistance. After all, how long does it take for someone to say "I am sorry for your experience, I will let the hotel director know or you can call directly."

Many people do not know the ins and outs of who to contact with a specific issue once on the ship and Guest Services should not be disinterested in a customer's negative experience.

Also, if I walked into a room that had not been cleaned I would want a supervisor to know - not just the person who didn't do his or her job in the first place.

I do not think it is unreasonable for the OP to have expected Guest Services to be of assistance. After all, how long does it take for someone to say "I am sorry for your experience, I will let the hotel director know or you can call directly."

Many people do not know the ins and outs of who to contact with a specific issue once on the ship and Guest Services should not be disinterested in a customer's negative experience.

Also, if I walked into a room that had not been cleaned I would want a supervisor to know - not just the person who didn't do his or her job in the first place.

By not telling the whole story up front, this reader got the impression that the OP was making it up as the questions were being posed by other contributors to justify the initial comments. (Disclaimer) That's just my impression and it may not be shared by others. :D

but according to the OP, GS DID tell them to call the steward. maybe they missed the little business card in the cabin with the steward's name on it, but the phone has a direct line to housekeeping. we have had to use it a few times on embarkation day when there were issues(. heck once we entered the room and it was set up exactly right bed wise but coming back after dinner it was split) Failing that, the directory also has the extension for HK.