hotels near port of miami

Ken Greco

try the Holiday Inn but anything near the port will not be considered 'reasonable' by anyone who doesn't live in Miami.. The Intercontinental is within walking distance from the port but again, not considered 'reasonable' price-wise.

Personally, I prefer the Hampton in the Brickell area.

Edited by Diver2014

Recommendations for a reasonable hotel near port of miami

Staying one night at Embassy Suites Miami nght before a cruise. BFAST included (as at all Embassy Suites) - 1 way shuttle to Miami cruise port from the hotel is $10 (per person).

Edited by BEENSAILING

Walk from the intercontinental to the port? Really? That's a hike over the bridge with very little sidewalk. I would not personally recommend it.

The hotels along Biscayne Bay can often be had at reasonable rates for any large city. You can also try South Beach. An Uber ride to the port is not expensive.

So which hotels have a shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port?

Only a few of the budget places near the MIA airport offer airport and port shuttles - fine if you are arriving late and just want a bed for the night. La Quinta East and Comfort Suites North are often suggested. Better hotels in a better area are found in the Blue Lagoon area near the MIA airport (Homewood Suites, Hampton Inn, etc.)

Arriving earlier and want to see some of Miami? :confused: I would stay downtown, close to POM or in Coconut Grove (fun) or South Beach (Miami Beach - very fun!! :cool:).

What is your budget? The under $100 room in August can go for $300+ in Jan & Feb.

So which hotels have a shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port?

Many hotels offer free shuttle from Miami airport to their properties. You should do a google and search hotels. Various prices.

Some of the hotels that have "comp" shuttle to cruise port charge a higher per-night rate. If there is a hotel you are interested in, go to the hotel website and ask about transportation to the port.

Walk from the intercontinental to the port? Really? That's a hike over the bridge with very little sidewalk. I would not personally recommend it.

The hotels along Biscayne Bay can often be had at reasonable rates for any large city. You can also try South Beach. An Uber ride to the port is not expensive.

I don't recommend walking to the port on embarkation day although some people do it.

My point in posting is that it is an easy walk to the port and there is side walk everywhere except for the short distance as you enter the port.

The walk is less than one mile from the Intercontinental.

And on the bridge there is a nice walkway which is divided by a barrier.

My wife and I are walkers and we walk from a hotel that is about another mile further from the Intercontinental and the port during our pre stays in Miami just to get some exercise and to check out the ships in port that day.

Some people do walk to and from the port on embarkation and disembarkation day.

Me I would take a taxi so as not to be sweaty on the day we board or disembark if it was hot/humid.

Keith

We're gonna give air bnb a try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be VERY careful with AirBnb here in Miami. There are a lot of BAD areas. There has also been many scams.

Some of our condo buildings are turning away AirBnb guests because they are not in the system , they don't have the required fobs and it's not allowed. We have had this come up in the building I live in here on Brickell Ave.

Restaurants and bars within walking distance?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We walked a couple of blocks to http://www.marybrickellvillage.com/dining.html and first night after a long flight had cocktails and Tapas at Dolores-but-you-can-call-me-Lolita and the following day had a fab Italian meal at Perricone's .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm glad someone else gave an airbnb warning for Miami. Miami Beach has gone out of its way to try and stop them and many condo buildings here do not allow it. They have issues with so many foreign investors scooping up condos to rent which brings the % of permanent residents down, which causes insurance and financing issues for the building.

Just be careful.

Brickell is a great neighborhood to stay in and still an easy Uber to the port or airport.

Yikes, just searched for our dates... 3/4 to 3/5 and the holiday inn was well over 300 per night. For a family stay, we are getting to the hotel around noon the day before the cruise, so will need something to do that day, ie pool or beach, places to eat etc...

Is the Bricknell area good for these things, or the south beach area, isn't that more of a party atmosphere? What about the airport area?

I assume a taxi or uber is fine from most all hotels in miami, right? Shuttle is a plus.

D

Yikes, just searched for our dates... 3/4 to 3/5 and the holiday inn was well over 300 per night. For a family stay, we are getting to the hotel around noon the day before the cruise, so will need something to do that day, ie pool or beach, places to eat etc...

Is the Bricknell area good for these things, or the south beach area, isn't that more of a party atmosphere? What about the airport area?

I assume a taxi or uber is fine from most all hotels in miami, right? Shuttle is a plus.

D

The Brickell area will be great for the pools and places to eat. Safe area to walk around and lots of restaurants all in walkable areas. If you give us your prices range, we can give you some advice on hotels in your range.

In checking into some prices for your night on LMT.com, The brand new East Hotel who has a beautiful pool and is high end is $283.49, the brand new Homewood Suites Brickell is $187.01 and includes free breakfast. The JW Marriott is $255.22. There are few others.