Dining question

jcfamily

I will be sailing the Regal in a few weeks and have begun second guessing my dining selection. I usually get traditional dining - late seating so I won't have to rush around getting ready for dinner and can usually see the show after/before dinner.

However, I see that there is a lot of activities starting at about 9:30 (including some of the shows) and am wondering if I should be doing Anytime Dining and opting for a 7:30-8:00 dine time. I worry that I won't be able to get out of the dining room in time.

Also, not sure if the Regal's late seating is at 8:00 or 8:15. It says 8:15 on the Personalizer.

Thanks,

Julie

I will be sailing the Regal in a few weeks and have begun second guessing my dining selection. I usually get traditional dining - late seating so I won't have to rush around getting ready for dinner and can usually see the show after/before dinner.

However, I see that there is a lot of activities starting at about 9:30 (including some of the shows) and am wondering if I should be doing Anytime Dining and opting for a 7:30-8:00 dine time. I worry that I won't be able to get out of the dining room in time.

Also, not sure if the Regal's late seating is at 8:00 or 8:15. It says 8:15 on the Personalizer.

Thanks,

Julie

We did anytime dining on the Regal last month and the 7:30-8:00 time slot was not as busy as 6:30-7:30 which was difficult to get seated. If you do not mind being seated with others it's not too much of an issue either. Of course you can call early in the day to book a slot[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On both of our cruises on Regal this year, second seating was 8:00 and late shows were at 10:00. I don't know where you saw 9:30 for late shows as I don't recall that ever being a show time. The only show exception was the first night which on both cruises had a single "welcome aboard" show at 9:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We almost always have late seating traditional dining. The one thing that usually conflicts with having it is any game-show type event or evening trivia. When I wanted to do a specific one, I skipped dessert in order to make it on time.

Theater shows will be in the areas of 8:00 and 10:00. There may also be an early show a 7:00 some evenings. The 8:00 shows are the most crowded and you have to arrive early.

Vista Lounge shows, usually comedy, will be in the 9:00/9:30 time frame and then a later show say around 10:30. Again there may also be an early show. Since the Vista Lounge is smaller than the theater you have to arrive at least 1/2 hour before show time for the 9:00 show. Late shows are normally not so crowded.

There can be shows in the theater and the Vista Lounge on the same night with overlapping times.

There are also evening activities and entertainment in the Piazza, Crooner's and the Wheelhouse Bar, starting around 8:00.

We almost always have late seating traditional dining. The one thing that usually conflicts with having it is any game-show type event or evening trivia. When I wanted to do a specific one, I skipped dessert in order to make it on time.

That is my practice, too. You can also ask the server to speed things up a bit for you.

Timing is everything. Give your self what you think is enough time and let the waiter know you wish to be somewhere at a certain time. I also have skipped dessert to get to a venue on time. Would let you table mates know also so that you do not just stand up unannounced to leave. You can always come back for dessert or get something from the IC later.

Also many of the activities in the Explorer's Lounge are scheduled at/around 9:00.

So, our next cruise we booked early even though we generally prefer late....

Edited by MauiLvrs

I will be sailing the Regal in a few weeks and have begun second guessing my dining selection.

We also do ATD at 7:30-8pm on the Regal and had no problem getting a seat even for our preferred table for 2. We also have not missed any show at Princess Theater with that ATD schedule.

Also many of the activities in the Explorer's Lounge are scheduled at/around 9:00.

So, our next cruise we booked early even though we generally prefer late....

The Regal does not have an Explorer's Lounge, but there could be a sit an watch activity, like the marriage game, in Princess Live around 9pm

Thanks,

Julie

Julie, we rarely have seen the cruise personalizer dining times match that actually scheduled onboard ship - and this has been the case for the last couple of years.

If I were you I would keep your traditional slot, then see what the situation is once onboard. You can always meet with a Maitre'D and switch to Anytime. The opposite (AT --> TD) may not be as easy.

Timing is everything. Give your self what you think is enough time and let the waiter know you wish to be somewhere at a certain time. I also have skipped dessert to get to a venue on time. Would let you table mates know also so that you do not just stand up unannounced to leave. You can always come back for dessert or get something from the IC later.

Skip dessert? That is an outrage.

Skip dessert? That is an outrage.

Totally agree. We just delay a little while before having it. Let the stomach settle to make room for more dessert. No way do I totally miss dessert. Just think that after a short delay there may even be room for 2 or even 3 of them. Method to my madness.

Totally agree. We just delay a little while before having it. Let the stomach settle to make room for more dessert. No way do I totally miss dessert. Just think that after a short delay there may even be room for 2 or even 3 of them. Method to my madness.

Nothing to prevent you from returning to the DR for a 2nd or 3rd time for more desserts during the evening. :rolleyes: