Is The Massdam for sale?

DeeniEncinitas

Just booked our cruise on board The Eurodam for a 28 day Inca/South America

Cruise on The Massdam for 2/25/2018.Was reading reviews and someone said that she was up for sale! Hope not! I did call Mariners Society and she said they had not heard anything but you never know! Hummmm, any thoughts?

What happens if she is for sail? Will another ship take over, and would we still

Receive the same room etc?

Thanks all much appreciate any ideas.

Denise:)

Just got word from my PCC this am.

Getting in touch with corporate.

As of right this moment she said there is nothing from them and she said they would know meaning my PCC. Her supervisor said nothing is on auction or for sell and they would not be publishing 2017-2018 with Massdam if Carnival Corp

Decided to sell.

Right now as soon as I hear back I will post!

Denise :)

Just spoke to my PCC and her supervisor said from corporate that The Massdam is not going to be sold.

She also informed me that when The Ryndam and Statendam were sold all the cruises were honored and did their sailings with HAL prior to them going to P&O. She said CC is valuable source of information but as corporate said they get Miss information and sometimes the information is wrong.

So our cruise is still on! I was going to cancel.

Just spoke to my PCC and her supervisor said from corporate that The Massdam is not going to be sold.

She also informed me that when The Ryndam and Statendam were sold all the cruises were honored and did their sailings with HAL prior to them going to P&O. She said CC is valuable source of information but as corporate said they get Miss information and sometimes the information is wrong.

I'm glad to hear the Maasdam is not sold but corporate needs to tell the crew as they are under the impression she has been sold & leaving the fleet fall 2018.

I'm glad to hear the Maasdam is not sold but corporate needs to tell the crew as they are under the impression she has been sold & leaving the fleet fall 2018.

I went one step further. I sent a very long email to corporate and to the CEO!!

I asked for a response to The Maasdam in regards to the possible selling of her.

Funny thing I have an analogy here.

As a retired dentist now at the time when I was possibly thinking of retiring my intentions were to have a smooth transition and keep my obligations of completing all of my patients dental needs first and foremost before engaging in a completion of sale. Now I would never included my staff in the first stage of

Process so there would be no rumors starting. Same here! Somewhere along the line someone said something to someone and the chain of command through the crew

Happened.

Thanks though for the info and now I wait for a answer from the top!

Will see!

If you visit:

boats.com

yachtworld.com

theyachtmarket.com

You will see some cruise ships for sale that look remarkably like HAL ships.

They even have the same specifications as HAL ships.

The prices being asked are too high for the condition and age of the ships, so it is probably safe to assume that they will not be sold anytime soon.

TA's also have been known to gi ve in c orrect information.

There are several HAL ships that have been listed for sale on cruise ship sale website for years - including the Maasdam. Personally know that the Prinsedam has been listed at least since early 2000's.

Not to worry as these sales are usually not fast.

Prinsendam since early 2000's?? She has only been with HAL since 2002, so are you sure?

On our March Maasdam cruise there was a lot of maintenance going on and they were having some A/C problems in large areas of the ship. They eventually got most of them working ok. Ok being the operative word. There was even the late night meeting at the front desk with a large group of affected passengers and the Hotel Manager and the Maintenance Chief and other assorted HAL staff. It was not a plesant meeting.

There still were areas that were warm and not very comfortable. Friends who sailed with us had an inside cabin. They were very uncomfortable as were most cabins in that area for the entire trip. Fans only can do so much.

With all that going on we heard from the staff that the ship had been sold and the new owners were onboard for a last inspection. The Maasdam would remain with Holland America until early 2018 and then would be cruising in the Baltic.

I reported that info months ago here on CC. As expected there were many replies both pro and con about problems on a ship and whether you should continue to sail on the older ships. There were also follow-up threads which were saying that they experienced no issue on the Maasdam. But these were mostly Alaska cruises which are a bit less taxing on the AC then the Southern Caribbean cruise we were on.

Has something changed that now has the Maasdam staying with HAL? Or has the new owners decided to not actually go through with the sale? I don't know and even though contacting Seattle said nope it's staying, HAL has changed it's mind before.

Other have pointed out that there are a lot of cruise ships for sale and a responsible owner wouldn't necessarily book cruises past a sale of the ship.

HAL has a lot of older ships that many of us fondly remember our past cruises but in today's age of the newer, more options and variety cruising they are having a hard time catching the competition. This point was more than once brought up to HAL staff at that late night AC meeting.

Dan

On our March Maasdam cruise there was a lot of maintenance going on and they were having some A/C problems in large areas of the ship. They eventually got most of them working ok. Ok being the operative word. There was even the late night meeting at the front desk with a large group of affected passengers and the Hotel Manager and the Maintenance Chief and other assorted HAL staff. It was not a plesant meeting.

There still were areas that were warm and not very comfortable. Friends who sailed with us had an inside cabin. They were very uncomfortable as were most cabins in that area for the entire trip. Fans only can do so much.

With all that going on we heard from the staff that the ship had been sold and the new owners were onboard for a last inspection. The Maasdam would remain with Holland America until early 2018 and then would be cruising in the Baltic.

I reported that info months ago here on CC. As expected there were many replies both pro and con about problems on a ship and whether you should continue to sail on the older ships. There were also follow-up threads which were saying that they experienced no issue on the Maasdam. But these were mostly Alaska cruises which are a bit less taxing on the AC then the Southern Caribbean cruise we were on.

Has something changed that now has the Maasdam staying with HAL? Or has the new owners decided to not actually go through with the sale? I don't know and even though contacting Seattle said nope it's staying, HAL has changed it's mind before.

Other have pointed out that there are a lot of cruise ships for sale and a responsible owner wouldn't necessarily book cruises past a sale of the ship.

HAL has a lot of older ships that many of us fondly remember our past cruises but in today's age of the newer, more options and variety cruising they are having a hard time catching the competition. This point was more than once brought up to HAL staff at that late night AC meeting.

Dan

Interesting. The A/C on her sister the Veendam gets taxed in the Caribbean too. We expected this. But HAL says 73-77 degree cabin temperature is their standard. Ours got up to 81 and humidity levels in the cabin definitely affect how any given temperature feels.

Edited by OlsSalt