Does Celebrity adjust balance if the price drops?

Florida_cruisers

Royal Caribbean has the price guarantee program where they adjust the balance of the cruise if you find it at a lower later or at least give you obc. Does Celebrity have anything like that too?

They will adjust the price to what the current promotion is, so be careful you don't not lose your perks and/or OBC. Before you switch, ensure you are comparing apples to apples.

They won't give you a refund after final payment. But they will upgrade you.

They will also allow you to keep the same cabin, but add "perks" if one of those promotions is in effect.

During the "Big, Better, Best" promotion, there was a price drop after final payment. The price I had paid was now the "Better" price for the same cabin. I was able to keep my cabin, but add 2 perks.

Royal Caribbean has the price guarantee program where they adjust the balance of the cruise if you find it at a lower later or at least give you obc. Does Celebrity have anything like that too?

No, I don't know the details of royals program, but if it's anything like carnival's it comes with its own strings and rules. Celebrity does not offer that program (I know that if you book under carnivals program, you cannot cancel your cruise prior to final payment either). Celebrity does what every other American cruise company offers try US sailings. Prior to the final payment date, you can cancel, no strings attached, if your price drops before final payment, you can re-price, but understand it MAY affect your promos. They offer the re-pricing because you could cancel and rebook so it's easier for them to reprice than to cancel/rebook. But if the lower price is due to no promos or limited promos, the you may have to accept the promos in effect at that time. Past final payment, don't expect anything expect anything if the price for your cabin drops. However, if the price for a higher level cabin drops, you will probably be able to upgrade to that cabin for whatever the difference is in price between what you paid and what it's currently at.

Edited by sanger727

We have a cruise schedule with X, booked through a TA in November 2017 that we booked last Jan. We have gotten fare reductions twice. The first was $100 per person several months ago for a Concierge C2, and the second was last week. We had a choice of a $200 per person reduction keeping our perks (drinks, tips) and giving up $100 of our OBC, or upgrading to Aqua and keeping drinks, tips and all of our OBC. Friends on another cruise also got a fare reduction of $450 last week and kept their perks and OBC. Both were well outside of final payment.

We also just (Monday) got a $400 per person reduction and an INCREASE in onboard credit for our Sept 2016 Alaska cruise. It worked just like it has several times on Royal Caribbean... always worth checking online!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since sept 2016 was 2 months ago, assume u meant 2017. So still outside final payment and should be able to get price adjustments.