Questions on My Time Dining

dmc6469

So, we are going on a cruise in January and apparently, the travel group that made reservations put us on the My Time Dining. I asked to be switched to Traditional. She got back to me and said she put it for us to MTD automatically because it was "probably sold out". Dining times sold out? Does this happen or is she pulling my leg?

I don't want MTD because I don't like that you prepay tips because I doubt I will eat in the dining room the entire 5 nights. Can I do something about that?

So, we are going on a cruise in January and apparently, the travel group that made reservations put us on the My Time Dining. I asked to be switched to Traditional. She got back to me and said she put it for us to MTD automatically because it was "probably sold out". Dining times sold out? Does this happen or is she pulling my leg?

I don't want MTD because I don't like that you prepay tips because I doubt I will eat in the dining room the entire 5 nights. Can I do something about that?

It's not unusual for some dining selections to be sold out even a year in advance.

Prepaid tips are no longer required for MTD.

You have not had to prepay gratuities for a long time. Regardless, it doesn't matter if you never eat dinner in the MDR as the portion of the gratuities covers all meals in included venues.( buffet, promenade, etc) so they still need to be paid in full

Yes the two traditional seatings do fill up.

You can request it ahead of time, but it is not a guarantee that it will happen. If it does not, you can again make the request once you board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always do prepaid tips in advance (figure it is just part of the total of my

cruise fare) and choose MTD.

Though we probably only do MTD on a typical 7 night cruise a couple of

nights. The rest of the nights are specialty and the WJ. Lately we

have been enjoying more and more just walking into the WJ for dinner

later when it is not busy..being able to get seated right away...and eat

smaller portions of only what we want.

I figure those dining tips get spread out to the always nice crew members

we meet in the WJ also. :)