Cabanas in Adult Retreat Pool on Regal??

jcastro1202

Hello everyone! I just booked a last minute cruise on the Regal Princess sailing on November 27th. I'm interested in reserving one of the cabanas in the Adult Retreat pool. Can anyone tell me how to go about doing this? Is this one of those things that I must run up to the pool deck to reserve and hope that I get one?

Hello everyone! I just booked a last minute cruise on the Regal Princess sailing on November 27th. I'm interested in reserving one of the cabanas in the Adult Retreat pool. Can anyone tell me how to go about doing this? Is this one of those things that I must run up to the pool deck to reserve and hope that I get one?

Yup, reservations are done onboard. Check in at the Sanctuary to reserve them... In our experience, they're rarely booked, more often than not they're sitting there empty....but if you are certain you want one, head up and reserve upon boarding..

Enjoy.

Yup, reservations are done onboard. Check in at the Sanctuary to reserve them... In our experience, they're rarely booked, more often than not they're sitting there empty....but if you are certain you want one, head up and reserve upon boarding..

Enjoy.

Thank you so much!

They are booked on the AM of the day you want, either call or go there early.

We did a b2b on the Regal over the New Year just gone.

They were fully booked on the first 7 days (and we went straight there on after priority embarkation) so missed out there. To ensure we got in on the second 7 days, the Sergeant Major guarding the sanctuary reserved our Cabana for us on the night before the next cruise. They ended up fully booked on the second cruise also, as did the Sanctuary within a few hours.

What cabin did you get We are still waiting for cabin assignment

Upon boarding the Regal Oct 27th, 10 day repo from NY to FLL, we headed to the sanctuary and all sea days in the sanctuary were already booked for full days. So instead we booked 3 full sea days in a cabana around the retreat pool.

$80 full day - 8:30 am - 6 pm.

$50 half day - 8:30 am - 1 pm or 1:30 pm -6 pm.

Weather was poor for the first 5 days so we cancelled 2 of the days. We were able to use it one sea day and then booked another half day that was available.

It was wonderful. It's the same cushy loungers as the sanctuary - on wheels so moving and rotating them according to the sun / shade is easy. Also, on the Regal there are plexiglass panels on one side of each of the cabanas that help reduce the wind. Regarding the sun protection, it's essentially the same as sitting at the retreat pool or the sanctuary - the only overhead covering is the netting. So when the sun is directly overhead it can get sunny. However, a major benefit is that each corner of the cabana has curtains that can be extended part way to block the sun which works perfectly when the sun is at an angle, which it is for most part of the day.

You don't get the service that you get in the sanctuary, or the special menu items, etc. However, it's less secluded. We actually prefer a bit of the activity and ambiance of the adult pool area and would rather not be in the sanctuary which we find secluded and sedate. To each his own, but we would book the retreat pool cabanas again without question.

Upon boarding the Regal Oct 27th, 10 day repo from NY to FLL, we headed to the sanctuary and all sea days in the sanctuary were already booked for full days. So instead we booked 3 full sea days in a cabana around the retreat pool.

Weather was poor for the first 5 days so we cancelled 2 of the days. We were able to use it one sea day and then booked another half day that was available.

It was wonderful. It's the same cushy loungers as the sanctuary - on wheels so moving and rotating them according to the sun / shade is easy. Also, on the Regal there are plexiglass panels on one side of each of the cabanas that help reduce the wind. Regarding the sun protection, it's essentially the same as sitting at the retreat pool or the sanctuary - the only overhead covering is the netting. So when the sun is directly overhead it can get sunny. However, a major benefit is that each corner of the cabana has curtains that can be extended part way to block the sun which works perfectly when the sun is at an angle, which it is for most part of the day.

You don't get the service that you get in the sanctuary, or the special menu items, etc. However, it's less secluded. We actually prefer a bit of the activity and ambiance of the adult pool area and would rather not be in the sanctuary which we find secluded and sedate. To each his own, but we would book the retreat pool cabanas again without question.

Thank you for all of the information! We booked this cruise as a last minute gift to each other for our 11 year anniversary. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can get one of the cabanas at least one of the days.

• 8 months later...

im planning a stay under the retreat on the lido deck in a mini and i was wondering, are these the hours for the pool itself? i hate to assume anything. just wondering what time the chair scraping would start in the morning or if there are any other evening activities up there after 6?

• 6 months later...

Awesome information - thank you! One change I'd call out is that on the Regal, the Retreat cabanas get the same service as the Sanctuary (flavored waters, Evian spritzes, afternoon tea, special lunch menu, etc). We don't know if the Retreat guests are allowed to use the private Sanctuary rest room, but the Retreat-area restrooms are usually empty, and just a few steps away. Win win win!!

• 6 months later...

I absolutely loved renting the cabana! We went up as soon as we boarded. We booked a middle one for 4 of our sea days and loved it. All but one cabana booked up the entire time we were there.

It was worth it to us to have a nice spot, near the pool, guaranteed to be ours.

The Cabanas look wonderful and I think we'd use them more than the Sanctuary. Does anyone know if the price is still the same on the Regal as the prices stated earlier in this thread in 2016?

That was the price a year ago, 2017.

I suspect it's the same