Restaurant with a pool??

Akitkat118

Hello! I might be hallucinating but I really remember hearing about a restaurant that has a pool you can walk to after getting off the tenders. Is this a true thing?

Otherwise what are the companies to look at that do the rare day pass for a hotel.

Thanks!

Hello! I might be hallucinating but I really remember hearing about a restaurant that has a pool you can walk to after getting off the tenders. Is this a true thing?

Otherwise what are the companies to look at that do the rare day pass for a hotel.

Thanks!

You're probably thinking of Royal Palms, which has an adults-only pool.

https://royalpalmscayman.com

Sunset House is where you find 'My Bar'

and the hotel has a pool right next to the bar

they don't sell day passes but in my experience if buying lunch and drinks at the bar and you ask nicely they will typically allow use of the pool as it is seldom crowded with hotel guests ....

no promises but this is what I've seen and experienced on cruise visits .....

the pool is also used for SCUBA classes (incl Discovery) so there is always the possibility of a conflict as well ...

Edited by Capt_BJ

We walked to My Bar and had lunch and went snorkeling. Friendly staff and good food the pool looked nice but did not use. Purchase some food and drinks and they just may let you use the pool. :)

Royal Palms has a adult only pool but requires a 6.00 taxi ride plus a 3.00 admission. Food and drinks were good but a little on the high side. $$

If you want to snorkel/pool go to My Bar,a long beautiful beach plus adult pool go to Royal Palms. :)

Sunset House is where you find 'My Bar'

and the hotel has a pool right next to the bar

they don't sell day passes but in my experience if buying lunch and drinks at the bar and you ask nicely they will typically allow use of the pool as it is seldom crowded with hotel guests ....

no promises but this is what I've seen and experienced on cruise visits .....

the pool is also used for SCUBA classes (incl Discovery) so there is always the possibility of a conflict as well ...

We have enjoyed My Bar and they allowed us to use the pool after asking but a word of warning if you have young children, I seem to remember it was all quite deep since it is used for diving - no zero entry.

Sunset House (My Bar) also has the natural Sea Pool, which might interest you! It's an area in the rocks that is calmer than the open water, we (and I'm sure others) use it to get our snorkel/dive gear on before heading out. Capt. BJ will have a photo for us I'm sure (Right BJ?)

While it's not a beach, it's a nice place for a swim to cool down! We also did not use the hotel pool, but did use the showers there next to it. It's not necessarily a "kids" place, but it is a great place to spend a few hours!!

Sunset House

sunsethouse_zps9083c174.jpg

from bottom to top

My Bar area and dive boat loading slip

The Pool

the Sea Pool .... technically as the sea pool is 'ocean' it is open access just like any beach. On ruff days it is a popular in/out spot for folks doing shore dives here as it provides a protected area for a gear check b4 swimming out the cut

below ... the sea pool .. this was a somewhat bouncy day ....

100_0115_zps2050c6fe.jpg

100_0118_zps21113aa4.jpg

ready for a nite dive at the sea pool

100_0108_zps0c58a4f9.jpg

Edited by Capt_BJ

• 2 months later...