On Board Booking Perks Currently

happy 2 b cruising

Looking to book on board Thanksgiving week. I am interested in booking a couple of 2017 cruises. Caribbean, Mediterranean and a Transatlantic would be my choices. I have been looking at current perk offerings from the Celebrity website and all I see is some on board credit being offered for 2017 during the Spring & Fall, not interested in Summer. I am not looking for a suite which currently still gives all 4 perks. Am I missing something regarding perks that are currently being offered for 2017 Spring & Fall? Would appreciate your feedback before we leave on our cruise, thank-you.

Based on my experience last month, I would not count on anything posted here unless the reply comes from experience this week or last. I asked before leaving for my cruise. The reply that I received was not what was being offered onboard. The offer onboard was better! :D But now I believe the offer was either a mistake by the rep, or it has changed, again.

My best bet is that you will receive a credit equal the amount of the deposit which is $100 pp. You will probably receive one perk. Which is what is offered currently online. I am not sure about your trans cruise. I know the alcoholic package is not offered for those. Not sure about any of the other perks being offered for trans.

Check your rates the day of going to the Future Cruise desk so that you know what they "should" be. We ended up booking a rate that was about $100 pp higher than what I was expecting. However, I did not notice the higher fare until we returned home. Did not book until the last day and the paperwork was delivered the night before we disembarked. I did not look at it. Anyway, I was able to get it straightened out when we returned home, even though Celebrity tried to take away 1 of the 2 perks (not counting the $200 OBC for the booking.) I fought to keep both perks and won, plus got the price reduction! :)

Good luck and have a great time!

Edited by Iamthesea

:

Based on my experience last month, I would not count on anything posted here unless the reply comes from experience this week or last. I asked before leaving for my cruise. The reply that I received was not what was being offered onboard. The offer onboard was better! :D But now I believe the offer was either a mistake by the rep, or it has changed, again.

My best bet is that you will receive a credit equal the amount of the deposit which is $100 pp. You will probably receive one perk. Which is what is offered currently online. I am not sure about your trans cruise. I know the alcoholic package is not offered for those. Not sure about any of the other perks being offered for trans.

Check your rates the day of going to the Future Cruise desk so that you know what they "should" be. We ended up booking a rate that was about $100 pp higher than what I was expecting. However, I did not notice the higher fare until we returned home. Did not book until the last day and the paperwork was delivered the night before we disembarked. I did not look at it. Anyway, I was able to get it straightened out when we returned home, even though Celebrity tried to take away 1 of the 2 perks (not counting the $200 OBC for the booking.) I fought to keep both perks and won, plus got the price reduction! :)

Good luck and have a great time!

I can hardly keep up with the ongoing price/perk current changes which some can change hourly (read this on a prior thread recently). I am looking to book a 2017 Thanksgiving cruise while on board this coming week. All that is being offered online is some OBC and there is no other choice. No BIG,BETTER,BEST choice either. I assume Celebrity must be coming out with a new promotion for 2017 when they release the rest of their 2017/2018 schedule. Looks like you got two perks plus the $200.00 OBC for booking on board. Could you please tell me how long your cruise will be? Trying to be informed before I book, thank-you for the heads up on the switching of the cruise fare when booking on the final day. I was hoping to get some additional input from other people also as to what perks they had received recently when they booked on board. Always good to do your research :)

Edited by happy 2 b cruising

The test is going to be once the 2018 and beyond itineraries are released. Does one take advantage of any benefits that may be offered for an early booking pre Christmas or wait until one gets on board a Celebrity ship in 2017 and picks up some extra benefit for booking on board.

The test is going to be once the 2018 and beyond itineraries are released. Does one take advantage of any benefits that may be offered for an early booking pre Christmas or wait until one gets on board a Celebrity ship in 2017 and picks up some extra benefit for booking on board.

I know Celebrity promotions are a game. They raise the prices and offer you some perks, you do the math and figure out what the best deal for you will be. Currently the 2017 Thanksgiving cruises are not offering any perk choices, just some OBC which is unusual. Last year they released the 2017 itineraries the end of November & on December 8. Looking forward to seeing the new promotion game shortly :eek:

I've been told by various Celebrity staff that the richest offer is always the onboard offer. Usually it's the best current rate plus additional perks not always available shoreside (the perks promotions come and go).

Your best bet is to book onboard and then shop around to a travel agency when you get back and see who will offer you the best additional onboard credit to take over the booking.

I booked onboard and got the best rate (which has never decreased since then and i watch it like a hawk) plus the beverage package + prepaid gratuities + $500 onboard credit. then my travel agent added an additional $75 onboard credit.

to compare, if i booked shoreside at the same time, I would have had the same low rate, but the current promotion at that time was to get only 1 of the perks. so i scored the other 2 just by the virtue of booking onboard.

:

I can hardly keep up with the ongoing price/perk current changes which some can change hourly (read this on a prior thread recently). I am looking to book a 2017 Thanksgiving cruise while on board this coming week. All that is being offered online is some OBC and there is no other choice. No BIG,BETTER,BEST choice either. I assume Celebrity must be coming out with a new promotion for 2017 when they release the rest of their 2017/2018 schedule. Looks like you got two perks plus the $200.00 OBC for booking on board. Could you please tell me how long your cruise will be? Trying to be informed before I book, thank-you for the heads up on the switching of the cruise fare when booking on the final day. I was hoping to get some additional input from other people also as to what perks they had received recently when they booked on board. Always good to do your research :)

We booked two cruises onboard. One was a 10 night and the other an 11 night. Turned them both over to a TA and now have all 3 perks and the 200 OBC. Total onboard credit is 500 for one, and 650 for the other, plus another 50 OBC from the TA's Loyalty program.;)

Looking to book on board Thanksgiving week. I am interested in booking a couple of 2017 cruises. Caribbean, Mediterranean and a Transatlantic would be my choices. I have been looking at current perk offerings from the Celebrity website and all I see is some on board credit being offered for 2017 during the Spring & Fall, not interested in Summer. I am not looking for a suite which currently still gives all 4 perks. Am I missing something regarding perks that are currently being offered for 2017 Spring & Fall? Would appreciate your feedback before we leave on our cruise, thank-you.

Not sure if this would apply when dealing with reps on board, but even though Celebrity isn't promoting the Go Better or Go Best options, they are still available. DW & I are booked on the Nov. 16th 2017 Equinox sailing in a C1 stateroom. We originally chose the Go Better promo and just yesterday I called my TA and was able to switch to the Go Best package.

Not sure if this would apply when dealing with reps on board, but even though Celebrity isn't promoting the Go Better or Go Best options, they are still available. DW & I are booked on the Nov. 16th 2017 Equinox sailing in a C1 stateroom. We originally chose the Go Better promo and just yesterday I called my TA and was able to switch to the Go Best package.

At additional cost I assume.

At additional cost I assume.

Unfortunately yes, but the additional cost was a little less than what it would have cost us on board for the gratuities and upgrading the beverage package, and we end up getting the unlimited internet for "free" which makes DW happy since she'll be able to keep in touch with our kids.

With the recent price drop for our cruise, we're still under what the C1 stateroom with the Go Better package would have cost us. Fingers crossed there will be additional price drops that we can take advantage of.[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent onboard offer on Infinity was the same price as what our future 2018 Silhouette cruise was already booked at.... ..except a bit of extra OBC....The salesperson said he did not have any access to our booked res... we had to go to the computer center to find it...After doing that we never went back....he was not very friendly or helpful so getting extra OBC not worth it...

Some folks do great booking onboard but in recent years we do not find better deals....doesn't hurt to check it out...esp for a completely new booking.

Edited by hcat

Recent onboard offer on Infinity was the same price as what our future 2018 Silhouette cruise was already booked at.... ..except a bit of extra OBC....The salesperson said he did not have any access to our booked res... we had to go to the computer center to find it...After doing that we never went back....he was not very friendly or helpful so getting extra OBC not worth it...

Some folks do great booking onboard but in recent years we do not find better deals....doesn't hurt to check it out...esp for a completely new booking.

Depending on the type of cabin and length of cruise it will be $10-$350 extra OBC. I had the same experience with an existing booking not booked on board. They could not (or would not) change it or update my old booking on board. I just made a new on board booking for the exact same cruise in order to get the offer (different cabin). When I returned home I called and had my old reservation moved and my old cabin moved to my new reservation. Then I transferred the reservation to my TA. A little hassle, but at that time the on board offer included some additional perks as well as the standard OBC.

I have never found a price difference when booking on board. Just the OBC and sometimes some additional perk(s).

On my recent TA they were offering two perks and the OBC for an open booking for the new cruises not yet released. You must convert it to an actually booking by the end of the year once they are released.

They were offering free gratuities and the limited OBC for the TAs not yet released.

The bottom line as you say is to check because it might be worth it. I was surprised to learn the Celebrity would allow you to book the same exact cruise twice. From my standpoint I think it is very important to cancel one of them ASAP so you are not taking a cabin out of inventory.

Currently onboard Silhouette TA. One deal offered is only for those on one of the 4 TAs in Oct-Nov this year. Another deal good only through end of the month, for cruises between Apr 2018 and Mar 2019. Must be booked by end of December this year. Another deal... in short, lots of deals offered. The specifics are unpredictable and will depend on when you are onboard what ship on what itinerary.

Book early, book often...

Stan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Depending on the type of cabin and length of cruise it will be $10-$350 extra OBC. I had the same experience with an existing booking not booked on board. They could not (or would not) change it or update my old booking on board. I just made a new on board booking for the exact same cruise in order to get the offer (different cabin). When I returned home I called and had my old reservation moved and my old cabin moved to my new reservation. Then I transferred the reservation to my TA. A little hassle, but at that time the on board offer included some additional perks as well as the standard OBC.

I have never found a price difference when booking on board. Just the OBC and sometimes some additional perk(s).

On my recent TA they were offering two perks and the OBC for an open booking for the new cruises not yet released. You must convert it to an actually booking by the end of the year once they are released.

They were offering free gratuities and the limited OBC for the TAs not yet released.

The bottom line as you say is to check because it might be worth it. I was surprised to learn the Celebrity would allow you to book the same exact cruise twice. From my standpoint I think it is very important to cancel one of them ASAP so you are not taking a cabin out of inventory.

We did the exact same thing...even down to turning it over to the TA. In our case, the price of the cruise had also gone down since we had booked the first time, so we received a considerable savings, gained an extra perk from Celebrity, plus the $200 OBC. And then gained another perk, plus $300 from our TA. :D

Currently onboard Silhouette TA. One deal offered is only for those on one of the 4 TAs in Oct-Nov this year. Another deal good only through end of the month, for cruises between Apr 2018 and Mar 2019. Must be booked by end of December this year. Another deal... in short, lots of deals offered. The specifics are unpredictable and will depend on when you are onboard what ship on what itinerary.

Stan

We are boarding the Silhouette on Sunday, could you give me a screen shot of the flyer deals for 2018?

Edited by happy 2 b cruising

We were on Brilliance last weekend and booked 2 Celebrity cruises-got the option of 2 perks for a regular balcony so took the bev pkg and $300 OBC. I will move these once the itins come out but they told us the perks will stick since we booked onboard. Plus we got $150 OBC for booking onboard.

So guess we will see once we move the reservations to the dates we really want. Right now they are as far out as we could get them but as soon as the Caribbean itins are out, I will move both of them to the dates I want. Then we will see if the perks stick or not

Stan

We are boarding the Silhouette on Sunday, could you give me a screen shot of the flyer deals for 2018?

2vsj82f.jpg

2d8l6xd.jpg

Edited by FreestyleNovice

We were on Brilliance last weekend and booked 2 Celebrity cruises-got the option of 2 perks for a regular balcony so took the bev pkg and $300 OBC. I will move these once the itins come out but they told us the perks will stick since we booked onboard. Plus we got $150 OBC for booking onboard.

So guess we will see once we move the reservations to the dates we really want. Right now they are as far out as we could get them but as soon as the Caribbean itins are out, I will move both of them to the dates I want. Then we will see if the perks stick or not

Actually the offer that freestyleNovice attached is the one offered later in our cruise. It did not require you to book a "dummy" date to transfer. It is like the previous Open Passages, but it must be booked by the end of 2016 and it has better benefits than the older Open Passages. I read it to say the two perks are associated with the on board booking and not the actual cruise that you book. (Does not apply to TA/Transpacific cruises). I think it is basically pay the Big price (one perk) and get the Better (second perk). Unless the new cruises released do not offer the BBB pricing (hoping) then we will get an even better deal.

Also, just add as an additional "onboard booking perk" - if you use Celebrity for your shore excursions and book your excursions for one of your upcoming cruise(s), you get 10% off the cost of the excursion if you book onboard. You still retain the 24 hour cancelation policy.

That's the offer we experienced on the Celebrity Equinox 7 November 2016 sailing.