Concierge benefits?

danielbriere

We've been upgraded to concierge class on Reflection. Which is nice except for one thing:

I have no idea what this means.

I've been reading different threads and stuff online but figured I'd come to you the people who are the real experts for a little breakdown.

What are the differences we'll notice with concierge compared to the regular verandah staterooms we've used before?

Any answers are appreciated. I simply don't know whether to be a little excited, a lot excited or, meh.

You get canapes every night before dinner but they're really the strangest I've ever seen: potato chips? Seriously? A smear of guacamole? WEIRD!! :eek:

The only thing we really appreciate about the CC cabins (and these are all we ever book) is the location. We love Deck 7 aft and the massive balconies. They're deeper than the Aqua Class aft-facing ones and down lower so have less noise and movement. I'd never book CC for anything else as the perks are pretty weak.

On second thought, one other thing we enjoyed was the embarkation lunch. While the menu is very limited, we enjoyed the peaceful, non-rushed start to our cruise. ;)

You get canapes every night before dinner but they're really the strangest I've ever seen: potato chips? Seriously? A smear of guacamole? WEIRD!! :eek:

The only thing we really appreciate about the CC cabins (and these are all we ever book) is the location. We love Deck 7 aft and the massive balconies. They're deeper than the Aqua Class aft-facing ones and down lower so have less noise and movement. I'd never book CC for anything else as the perks are pretty weak.

On second thought, one other thing we enjoyed was the embarkation lunch. While the menu is very limited, we enjoyed the peaceful, non-rushed start to our cruise. ;)

OP got an upgrade on the Reflection which doesn't have CC cabins on the very aft on deck 7 like the M class ships.

OP in addition to lunch & footstools you will get a bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin. It's not great but you can either get OJ & make mimosas or talk to the sommelier who will often take it and give you about $28 credit toward a bottle of wine that you would enjoy.

Edited by jelayne

Stateroom will be there same size.

You will get extra Captians Club points.

There's a sit down lunch on embark day so you don't have to fight the crowds in the buffet

Usually there are footstools on the verandah.

Actually, I believe if you check, you'll see that you only get the Captains Club points of the originally booked category not the upgraded cat.

Concierge is the only cat that has the special embarkation lunch in the MDR. This was a recent perk add.

Extended room service menu, embarkation lunch, private designated disembarkation area, extra hair dryer (not the hold down button one like in other cabins) different shower head, different towels, dressing gowns, etc. etc. Quite a few extra things.. See below for descriptions. I would be very happy if I was you..enjoy ��

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms-concierge-class-stateroom

Edited by tassie cruiser

OP got an upgrade on the Reflection which doesn't have CC cabins on the very aft on deck 7 like the M class ships.

OP in addition to lunch & footstools you will get a bottle of sparkling wine in your cabin. It's not great but you can either get OJ & make mimosas or talk to the sommelier who will often take it and give you about $28 credit toward a bottle of wine that you would enjoy.

I did not know this! :cool:

We usually have a sip of champagne and then the bottle goes to waste.:( Many times, we have turned an unopened bottle over to the Butler or room stewards for their use. It was reported some years ago that they use the champagne for gifting to other passengers, or to trade with other crew for things they needed.

Never thought about making Mimosas out of it, or even a spritz. :rolleyes:

Could we take to the dining room and have the Sommelier serve it? Or would there be a corkage fee?

We like the priority embarkation, and we have always had fresh fruit everyday as well as the canapés. And buy the way, you can ask to have the canapés replaced with a cheese plate, if you prefer, because some of the canapés are a little bit sad. We also received a nice canvas tote bag.

Once upon a time, we also had personalized stationary. That went away a few years ago though.

It is a nice upgrade. Enjoy it. :)

Could we take to the dining room and have the Sommelier serve it? Or would there be a corkage fee?

If I'm not mistaken, since the bottle of bubbly they give you as a perk has their brand label, there shouldn't be a corkage fee. You can, I believe, take a warm bottle and they'll switch it for a chilled one. No extra charge.

I have been booking this class for the points. Will go back to balcony when we reach elite. However, the footstools are wonderful to have. Canapés were eh. Switched to the fruit plate which was nice. Best part is being on a cruise! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've been upgraded to concierge class on Reflection. Which is nice except for one thing:

I have no idea what this means.

I've been reading different threads and stuff online but figured I'd come to you the people who are the real experts for a little breakdown.

What are the differences we'll notice with concierge compared to the regular verandah staterooms we've used before?

Any answers are appreciated. I simply don't know whether to be a little excited, a lot excited or, meh.

There is not much to get excited over, aqua class is much better.

IOHO, meh.

CC is just the name for the catagory, not an indication of a diff level of service which is what the word means. Everyone on the ship has the same access to the true Concierge person.

That said we like the location and extra balcony size on our last C2 deck 9 on the slant of the hump on Reflection, over our A2 deck 11 on the Equinox. We are back in a 1A deck 7 on our next sailing like pammi44 mentioned, since reaching Elite.

Congrats on the upgrade! But if paying the few little 'extras' are not worth any more $.

Footstools - we spend a lot of time on the balcony and it's makes it much more comfortable. Others have mentioned some of the other benefits which we like. And don't listen to those that say it's nothing as there are some benefits. Now they are not worth a lot if you paid for an upgrade but if you got it cheap or were upgraded for free then yes, be excited.

Have a blast.