Kendall Jackson on Silhoutte

lnorland

Not sure about the Chardonnay or Cab but on the Reflection TA they didn't have the KJ Pinot Noir -the only Pinot Noir on the Premium package. They offered a Pinot Noir with a $5+ per glass up charge or the one they were selling outside the OV for $20 for the bottle.

After 4 days & submitting a Attention to Detail Card we were provided a Pinot Noir that was quite good and was being sold by the bottle at the same price as the KJ. Found it disappointing that it took a ATD card to get a suitable alternative.

And so the problem with drink packages rears it's ugly head. Many cruise lines have now adopted drink packages with their basic packages always limited by a specific dollar amount per glass. The lines do a good job of providing cheap (but usually drinkable) wines that fit their packages. In the case of Celebrity, we think they carefully craft their package offerings to encourage folks to upgrade to the Premium Package. It is smart marketing and we tip our hats. So, if you want half decent wine you need to upgrade to Premium...and even be willing to pay a slight upcharge to get to the decent wines by the glass. As to KJ, although we do enjoy several of their wines we do think that most are what the French call Vin Ordinaire!

Hank

We have the premium package and like the buttery Chardonnays and big cabs, what are your favorites available by the glass within the premium package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On Solstice in June we found a visit to cellar masters to try several different wines with advice soon found wines to fit our palates. The sommelier there seemed to be so much more knowledgeable and helpful or maybe she just had more time. Certainly worth a visit.

Celebrity's private label Chard is now made by KJ. It's called Elegance if memory serves. Not nearly as oakey as KJ's VR. I had premium so unsure whether it was available on classic. I thought it was quite good for a private label.

I just got off the Eclipse. My wife enjoys KJ Chardonay as well. She bought the premium package so she could have it. However the only place they had KJ or Celebrity Elegence was the main dining room. This was not good. We did have several bartenders that went into the DR to get it for her. They even stashed a bottle at two of the bars for her. We did not have this problem in June on the Soltice or in January with the Silhouette.

That was worse that they kept trying to tell her that it was KJ or Elegence at most locations. It was funny for a while. For someone that only drinks KJ at home she knows the difference and so do I by color and smell.

I plan on contacting Captain Club about this policy of selling premium packages and then not having the corresponding wine not available in all bars.

You should not have a problem just stick to your guns when you ask. Most bartenders will make you happy.

KJ is only sold in the UK at very downmarket establishments.

We encountered a slight issue in obtaining reasonable Marlborough Sauv. Blanc in January - but the Bars Manager sorted it out with the able assistance of Nigel the best Barman we have ever encountered.

By the tone of other threads this is Amazing - given that we get such great help - we never ever tip.

We do treat the staff as equals though, treat them with respect and always polite [emoji848]

We encountered a slight issue in obtaining reasonable Marlborough Sauv. Blanc in January - but the Bars Manager sorted it out with the able assistance of Nigel the best Barman we have ever encountered.

By the tone of other threads this is Amazing - given that we get such great help - we never ever tip.

We do treat the staff as equals though, treat them with respect and always polite [emoji848]

I'm sure you mean you never tip extra. Your 18% is built in to any package or ala carte drink tab for which you pay.

Are they still serving Kendall Jackson Chardonnay and Cabernet on the Silhouette? We will be sailing late winter. Any help appreciated!

The Celebrity house Cab is a Kendal Jackson, it's there Murphy Goode line & one of the best Cab's I've ever had.

[emoji848]

Is this in reference the the KJ Vintner Reserve?

The Celebrity house Cab is a Kendal Jackson, it's there Murphy Goode line & one of the best Cab's I've ever had.

Did you mean Celebrity's private label instead of house? Celebrity has a group of House wines that are available with the Standard Package.

I know the KJ Private Lable Chardonnay is only available with the Premium package.

I just got off the Silhouette Transatlantic and had the Premium drink package. I very much liked the Kendall Jackson "Elegance" Chardonnay and the Cabernet. At first I thought I could only get it in the main dining room, but I soon learned I could ask for it elsewhere. They would have to go get it for me usually, but some learned to keep it on hand :D

• 7 months later...