Harmony abyss slide shoe question

brenderlou

Anyone know if closed toe shoes are necessary for the slide or is sandals/flip flops ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The bottom end of the mat is kind of folded over so it's like your feet are going inside a bag. Thus, no real risk of shoes coming off. If I recall correctly wore flip flops. Didn't see them saying anything to anybody about shoes.

They want shows that won't slip off. Sandals with velcro straps were OK. Fliip-flops were not OK.

On all three Oasis class ships closed shoes and socks were required for the zip line. If you don´t have any they usually have some of the rock wall climbing shoes available.

steamboats

They want shows that won't slip off. Sandals with velcro straps were OK. Fliip-flops were not OK.

Like everything it must vary by the attendant. They wouldn't let me on the zipline with a pair of lace up Sperry deck shoes that were a lot more secure than my daughters running shoes.

I can understand the glasses, they wouldn't want them dislodged and poking you in your eyes.

Actually there´s no danger of dislodgeing your glasses or poking them into your eyes. The main danger is to hurt your elbows when you don´t keep them close to your body :D!

steamboats

I wonder what the real reason is with glasses on the slide. Can you have them on, on the zipline?

I did both the Zip and Coaster at Labadee with my glasses on just fine, never asked to remove them or anything. Hell, I ride real roller coasters and such with them on, never lost them or anything.

I wonder what the real reason is with glasses on the slide. Can you have them on, on the zipline?

I had to put them down on Harmony and Oasis. But last year on Allure they had a ribbon to "fix" my glasses to my head (sorry, I don´t even know the German word for that thing, it´s a neopren ribbon) and with that I was allowed to keep my glasses. First time ever I saw what I was doing :D:eek::D!

steamboats

Hmm, I think its funny that on the official RCCL site... they show people riding the slide with glasses ON. I wonder if I make a stink about it, they'll me keep mine on. "If glasses aren't allowed, you probably shouldn't show people sliding with glasses on... on your website" and then roll my eyes :P

Hmm, I think its funny that on the official RCCL site... they show people riding the slide with glasses ON. I wonder if I make a stink about it, they'll me keep mine on. "If glasses aren't allowed, you probably shouldn't show people sliding with glasses on... on your website" and then roll my eyes :P

You can't wear your glasses when you roll your eyes. It's a new RCCL rule... ;)

Eric

Edited by Pomperaugrr