Explore4 over - some prices dropping!

DaveOKC

Just checked my cruise for Dec, 2018 and saw that it just dropped by $1000 per person! Of course, I have to give up Explore4 package (it is an 18 day cruise), so IMO its about a "wash" value wise.

Still, you might want to recheck your fares today.

I checked a repositioning cruise from Vancouver to FLL in Sept 2017. With Explore-4, it would have cost $5000 for a veranda, including port taxes. Now, with Ex-4 dropped, the same cabin is $3990, which is almost exactly what the SBP would cost me for the 21 night cruise. So, yes, it is a wash.

Edited by TAD2005

My cruise went down by $550, which is the price of port fees. worth it to me to drop explore 4, but not sure my mother will call to reprice, even though she's getting less value out of E4 than me (i'll at least make use of the beverage package). time to check the other cruises i had my eye on....

Just checked my cruise for Dec, 2018 and saw that it just dropped by $1000 per person! Of course, I have to give up Explore4 package (it is an 18 day cruise), so IMO its about a "wash" value wise.

My savings would be very small. I've got the $xplore4, included gratuities, internet, and a PG. The $xplore4 plus the gratuities is within $10 of the price drop. I'll keep it.

Dave, I know you realize this but others may not. At the time of booking, you can ask for the price with and without the promo. The quoted price of my cruise w/o the promo is almost exactly the new website price w/o the promo. IOW, TANSTAAFL. People would be more correct referring to these promos as "included" and not "free", ie, "included beverage package" and not "free beverage package."

I keep looking and hoping for a price drop for my Alaska cruise, but no luck so far. When I booked, I priced it for both with and without Explore4, and it was $4 cheaper without it! It's not a worthwhile package for us at all, other the the HSC, so I'm really hoping to see a price drop at some point.

We booked our next cruise w/o the E4 package and got a great price with extra OBC. Saw today that the price had gone down more and called to have it refared but would have to give up the OBC for the lower price so it was a wash right now. But who knows what will happen tomorrow.

Interesting, considering all the recent discussions of the ship, to see that the price of a VH veranda dropped almost $1000 per person for my 30 day Sept 2017 cruise. And no, Ex4 was never offered for that sailing. The drop still does not equal the offer HAL made when my original 60 days was cancelled, but it is getting close.

I keep looking and hoping for a price drop for my Alaska cruise, but no luck so far. When I booked, I priced it for both with and without Explore4, and it was $4 cheaper without it! It's not a worthwhile package for us at all, other the the HSC, so I'm really hoping to see a price drop at some point.

Keeping my fingers crossed for an Alaska price drop as well.

Dec 2018? :confused:

Prices on my cruise dropped Friday afternoon. Sig suites and NS dropped about $300 pp for an 11-day cruise. I don't remember what the other categories were before Ex4 went off. PS stayed the same. So round off to $30 pp per day, subtract the HSC (NS suite bonus or Oct bonus, I forget which), and we'd have to use $17.50 worth of internet and drinks pp each day to come out even. I think we can do that. Just have to figure out what to spend the OBC on :D

Looks like there is pattern here of increased prices for Alaska. Ours went up $250 with no Explore4. Glad we booked when we did.

This is the third or fourth cruise where we've watched prices after a promo and the first time we've seen a drop in price. Once we saw an increase. other times the same price. Like so many things with HAL, it's all over the place!

We had a Panama Canal cruise booked for April (no explore4). We'd booked the 16 day in a signature suite but I looked this weekend and the 21 day in a Neptune is now the same price as the 16 day in a signature was. Wow. Rebooked today!

I did lose $700 in perks (prepaid gratuities and free internet minutes), but the change also means the ship will bring us back home to Seattle, so no airfare needed at the end of the cruise. I'm thrilled to say the least.