New Cabin Key Embarkation process

joellebridgers

depending on the ship: Cherry on Top, Redfrog Pub, Seafood Shack, sushi place if they are open during embarkation day.

If. I believe most of them would be closed until after sail away just as many of the bars are (at least they were closed in port on Fascination).

It's been a while since we have sailed Carnival. But what is the advantage to doing this? We are Platinum so don't know if this effects us. But don't see what Carnival is improving by doing it this way vs giving the Sail N Sign card at check-in?

So here's the thing...I could go set my wallet with my credit cards outside my home front door on my porch. Maybe someone would come find it take off with it, and have a party on my dime...or maybe not. Maybe it could sit there a week, and no one would happen upon it or do anything.

Does that mean that I am going to leave my wallet outside my door for someone to take should the mood to do so strike? No.

Does that mean its a good idea for me to leave my wallet outside my home front door where it could potentially be taken to be used? No.

And this is not a good idea too. Something tied to my credit card should not be left to potentially be compromised.

period.

i so agree with you. if they start it on pride before my sailing i am taking my credit card off it and checking the cash box. then when i get to check in im only putting 5$ on it. you cant even buy a drink for that price so good luck stealing my card. it will cause me to spend less since i will only have 5$ for the cruise. i can always add more cash if i feel like it. but i just might not

As I understand it, your S&S cards are placed in a sealed envelope and put in your cabin's mailbox. If your envelope has been opened or tampered with, go to Guest Services. The cards previously made for you will be deactivated and new ones will be made for you.

so to make my check in 1 minute faster i will have to then go stand in the customer service desk for 30 mins because some one messed with my card- yeah sounds so much more costumer friendly to me

i so agree with you. if they start it on pride before my sailing i am taking my credit card off it and checking the cash box. then when i get to check in im only putting 5$ on it. you cant even buy a drink for that price so good luck stealing my card. it will cause me to spend less since i will only have 5$ for the cruise. i can always add more cash if i feel like it. but i just might not

Not sure this would work since there is a minimum cash amount you can put on your S&S account. Something like $200.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Someone asked earlier , and i have not seen a answer , if you are platinum / Diamond / FTTF or in a suite are your cards still waiting for you in the mailbox or are you given those at priority check in ?

I am asking because we always get suites

Thank you

Hey All, John Heald said on the Vista, sailing today, that you will need your room number and last name..... No Boarding Pass Needed.

For the fellow cruiser who called this "repetitive", I so apologize to you to make you repeat yourself... I tried looking for a thread, but Could not locate.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I still can't see any advantage to this new system unless it's to keep people from trying to get into their cabins before they're ready

It does have the potential to reduce the time needed to check in since the check in people will not have to leave their station to retrieve the sail and sign cards. I can also see where it would keep people from trying to get to their cabins before they are ready also.

It does have the potential to reduce the time needed to check in since the check in people will not have to leave their station to retrieve the sail and sign cards.

Never understood why they have to leave to go get pre-printed(are they pre-printed?) cards. Why not a badge printer at each station and print on demand (I admit, I don't know how long this would take but I'd imagine it's in the handful of seconds). But you are right, as it was, this does have the potential to save time.

I'm of the mindset that said yeah, save 1 minute getting the card, but 30 extra minutes if you have to go replace missing ones right from the start.

I can also see where it would keep people from trying to get to their cabins before they are ready also.

Oh, I wouldn't go to the room because I want to use the room, I'd go to get the keys and leave. Just my personal preference to have them on me. I could see where this could result in more traffic in the halls as people want to go secure their cards (at least).

So I'm willing to give the system a try if it comes in to play, not like I'd have a choice, and see how it goes and if my preferences change at all.

Never understood why they have to leave to go get pre-printed(are they pre-printed?) cards. Why not a badge printer at each station and print on demand (I admit, I don't know how long this would take but I'd imagine it's in the handful of seconds). But you are right, as it was, this does have the potential to save time.

I'm of the mindset that said yeah, save 1 minute getting the card, but 30 extra minutes if you have to go replace missing ones right from the start.

Oh, I wouldn't go to the room because I want to use the room, I'd go to get the keys and leave. Just my personal preference to have them on me. I could see where this could result in more traffic in the halls as people want to go secure their cards (at least).

So I'm willing to give the system a try if it comes in to play, not like I'd have a choice, and see how it goes and if my preferences change at all.

There should not be more traffic than usual in the halls as only the keys for Diamond, Platinum, and FTTF will be in the mailboxes. I read that the keys for red, blue, and gold would not be put in mailboxes until shortly before the 1:30 time when all rooms are to be ready. They will not put keys in the mailboxes as they finish cleaning each room to prevent people from coming to check if their room is ready. With room keys in hand, too many times people were coming early to just "drop off their bags"". That put the stewards in the position of having to work around luggage while cleaning rooms or telling them they can't drop off their bags.

As I understand it your keys won't be there so going to your cabin won't do you any good. Printing them at each station might work except for the initial expenditure needed to get the printers at each station (and then the inherent delays when they break down, etc.). Several minutes to obtain the key cards seems to be more the norm.

There should not be more traffic than usual in the halls as only the keys for Diamond, Platinum, and FTTF will be in the mailboxes. I read that the keys for red, blue, and gold would not be put in mailboxes until shortly before the 1:30 time when all rooms are to be ready. They will not put keys in the mailboxes as they finish cleaning each room to prevent people from coming to check if their room is ready. With room keys in hand, too many times people were coming early to just "drop off their bags"". That put the stewards in the position of having to work around luggage while cleaning rooms or telling them they can't drop off their bags.

Are suites included with Diamond / platinum and FTTF ?

Are suites included with Diamond / platinum and FTTF ?

No. If you want early access to your cabin and you aren't Diamond or Platinum, you need to purchase FTTF.

If you are in a suite you are given the same Priority Embarkation perk as the Diamond/Platinum and FTTF people.

If you are in a suite you are given the same Priority Embarkation perk as the Diamond/Platinum and FTTF people.

Yes but your cabin isn't ready upon embarkation. So I don't see why your cabin keys would be in the mailbox if they aren't placing them there until the cabin is ready. You get on early with a suite as it is now, but you cannot go to your cabin. The signs still say only Diamonds/Platinums/FTTF only. This is from the FTTF page on Carnival's website:

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Note: This is also a benefit for VIFP Diamond and Platinum guests.

The whole page can be found here: https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1374/related/1

The Suite perks are also stated in relation to FTTF/D/P as well.

Edited by firemanbobswife