Your favorite Food on RCCL

josephml1

You will probably have to go to the steakhouse for a good shrimp cocktail. Those they use in the mdr for the shrimp cocktail are the smallest, cheapest shrimp they can get They lack taste because they are likely raised in a ditch in Asia somewhere.

Here is a example of the one in Chops. They use huge shrimp.

IMAGE_B45BA71D-E799-48E5-A08A-9E6216B8264B.JPG

Looks delicious - I may try asking for a better one in the MDR and see what happens

We had a waiter once who would serve our family of 4 two cheese plates as appetizers. They were on the table within minutes of us sitting down. I loved it as a starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep that’s what I do an app!

Sometimes Pauline and I get 2 lescargots each because we rarely get a desert.

Ah...good thinking!

We never order desert either, but may instead wander into the WJ later for a late night sweet. They really do a nice job with sugar free...and of course Bucky's favorite...chocolate!!! :cool:

I love the escargot, when it’s hot or warm... unfortunately, on last 2 cruises, it came cold the first night so I never order again on that trip :(

Ewww...no...I could never get past that cold congealed butter on the snails if it came that way. So far so good, and that has not happened...yet anyway.

Ah...good thinking!

We never order desert either, but may instead wander into the WJ later for a late night sweet. They really do a nice job with sugar free...and of course Bucky's favorite...chocolate!!! :cool:

We used to like the midnight buffets which sadly they don't happen now.

We used to like the midnight buffets which sadly they don't happen now.

I am in the "early to bed..early to rise" group and just cannot stay up that late anyway. Plus that late night food would keep me awake the rest of the night. :o

I am in the "early to bed..early to rise" group and just cannot stay up that late anyway. Plus that late night food would keep me awake the rest of the night. :o
We are nowadays.

When we were younger we would go out nightclubbing about the time we go to bed now.

We are nowadays.

When we were younger we would go out nightclubbing about the time we go to bed now.

Yup...back in the days of pay phones, tube tvs with no remote, and real books made from cardboard and paper. ;)

Us too...can't believe I survived my early 20s!! :eek::o

Yup...back in the days of pay phones, tube tvs with no remote, and real books made from cardboard and paper. ;)

Us too...can't believe I survived my early 20s!! :eek::o

Them days couples spoke to each other now couples seem transfixed on texting on their phones.

Getting back to the OP our last cruise on the anthem which was May 31 they took away our two favorite foods. They were the beef Wellington and the beef Toronado. Has anybody else experienced this on order RC ships? We will be going back on the anthem for a back to back in October and we are hoping that these two very delicious dishes have been restored to the main menu. If anybody has any comments on this hit me back. This is Watson 50.Keith. Thank you all

Getting back to the OP our last cruise on the anthem which was May 31 they took away our two favorite foods. They were the beef Wellington and the beef Toronado. Has anybody else experienced this on order RC ships? We will be going back on the anthem for a back to back in October and we are hoping that these two very delicious dishes have been restored to the main menu. If anybody has any comments on this hit me back. This is Watson 50.Keith. Thank you all

I haven’t seen either of these for several years.

hi. watson50 here. we did a b2b back in Dec.2-22 on the Anthem and those two dishes were offered on both cruises and boy did we take advantage of it. if i knew how to send the pictures we took I would post them. thank you for your reply. Keith:cool:

Oh man...whatever happened to the ultimate favorite food ....chocolates on the pillow at night? :confused::o;)
They were a nice treat and our favourite hotel in Spain still always leaves a little pack of chocolates on our pillows every night.

A funny story,an old friend said one night he drank too much and fell asleep on top of the chocolate.

Next morning there was brown marks on the sheets and he didn't know where from and sheepishly apologized to the CS.

They were a nice treat and our favourite hotel in Spain still always leaves a little pack of chocolates on our pillows every night.

A funny story,an old friend said one night he drank too much and fell asleep on top of the chocolate.

Next morning there was brown marks on the sheets and he didn't know where from and sheepishly apologized to the CS.

OMG...that is sooo funny. At least those brown marks wouldn't have had a bad smell...compared to what it could have been...ewww!! :o:eek:

I love the cold fruit soups in the MDR. But they have really turned me off to the lobster. Last MDR dinner on the Oasis the lobster tail was over cooked and you could not get it out of the shell. I should have sent it back. As a frequent visitor to Maine; RCCL should not serve lobster this way; either do it right or not at all.

I totally agree on all fronts! :)

Lol