Staggered Boarding.

Sox Fan Cruiser

I know, I know, this has been talked about to death. But we got the infamous email the other day about scheduled times to board. This was seemed liked more than a "suggestion" as our cabins won't be ready.

PROGRESSIVE CRUISE CHECK-IN INFORMATION

To help facilitate a smooth start to your voyage we have implemented a progressive cruise check-in schedule. Please arrive at the check-in time listed below. If you have purchased a Princess Cruise Plus Package/Transfer, your check-in time will be provided at your hotel or the airport. Guests travelling on shared transport or arriving as a group will be checked in together. Priority check-in will be available to guests with a Preferred Boarding Pass within the allocated check-in times. Boarding will commence shortly after check-in. Please do not arrive prior to the start of cruise check-in as your cabin will not be ready. All guests must be on board one hour prior to sailing.

12:30 PM - Aloha & Lido Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with A & L

1:00 PM - Dolphin & Emerald Decks - Cabin on these decks begin with D & E

1:30 PM - Caribe - Cabins on this deck begin with C

2:00 PM - Marina & Riviera Decks - Cabins on these decks begin with M & R

2:30 PM - Baja Deck - Cabins on this deck begin with B

As an Elite member (and not to sound too snooty) can we still preboard? Do we have to wait for our cabin times? This is probably the best perk of being elite and I don't want to lose it because they board by deck.

Thoughts?

I know, I know, this has been talked about to death. But we got the infamous email the other day about scheduled times to board. This was seemed liked more than a "suggestion" as our cabins won't be ready.

To help facilitate a smooth start to your voyage we have implemented a progressive cruise check-in schedule. Please arrive at the check-in time listed below. If you have purchased a Princess Cruise Plus Package/Transfer, your check-in time will be provided at your hotel or the airport. Guests travelling on shared transport or arriving as a group will be checked in together. Priority check-in will be available to guests with a Preferred Boarding Pass within the allocated check-in times. Boarding will commence shortly after check-in. Please do not arrive prior to the start of cruise check-in as your cabin will not be ready. All guests must be on board one hour prior to sailing.

As an Elite member (and not to sound too snooty) can we still preboard? Do we have to wait for our cabin times? This is probably the best perk of being elite and I don't want to lose it because they board by deck.

Thoughts?

I think there has been some talk here on CC about cabins on the Regal or Royal? were not ready a few cruises. Could not access them until 1:00pm.

Still sounds like a suggestion. We would show up around 10:00 anyway.

As you should know, Elites board first, your boarding pass will state this fact. There will be a separate line for you to wait in, you will be called into the terminal first, you will sit in a designated area, and will board first. If your cabin is not ready so be it but I have never found this problem as they usually don't start boarding until all cabins are ready.

Edited by weedpindle
spelling

I think there has been some talk here on CC about cabins on the Regal or Royal? were not ready a few cruises. Could not access them until 1:00pm.

We would do the same.....:):):)

As you should know, Elites board first, your boarding pass will state this fact. There will be a separate line for you to wait in, you will be called into the terminal first, you will sit in a designated area, and will board first. If your cabin is not ready so be it but I have never found this problem as they usually don't start boarding until all cabins are ready.

As do full suite cruisers.....:):):)

Bob

I agree. Our cabin was not ready till 1pm on the Regal last Oct. 1. Priority boarding started late at around 12:30 due to unspecified reason. Not sure if it was an isolated instance but this experience will not prevent us on a next cruise from getting to the terminal much earlier.

Edited by easyboy

I have a boarding time of 1200hrs on Sunday for boarding the Golden so we will turn up at the Terminal just after 1130, no doubt the queue will be half way back to Melbourne city centre so can somebody throw me down a Fosters Oil Can as I get near the ship.;)

Thoughts?

4000 people all want to get on first or NOW

Thoughts?

Ignore it.

Will be boarding the Regal in Ft Lauderdale in March. We are in the new Club mini suite class which advertises priority boarding. I wonder if that is a special class that will go after the Elites and suites?

We were just on Caribbean Princess and are platinum and got there early and were on the ship by noon. Ate lunch in the dining room - heavenly! They were not enforcing staggered boarding.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by GweninTX

This will be my first Princess cruise, so no status or special boarding privileges. Would they let me on if I arrived at the time that the deck group before me was scheduled to board, or would I definitely have to wait for my group? Also, is there a protocol for checking in prior to boarding, or can you just get to the terminal when you want to (within reason, of course).

If you do not mind waiting - I would just show up around lunch time. The waiting area is nice - there is free wi-fi, bathrooms and soda/water machines. The check-in is very fast and efficient, then you join a boarding group and wait to be called. Be sure and print all your documents including the health form and you will be ready when you get there. Once your group is called you will proceed to the ship, have your picture taken and go directly to your stateroom to drop off luggage and pick up your patter. If you get on before 1:30 PM you can go eat in the dining room (designated one will be listed in your Patter). So much more dignified than the crowd on the Lido deck buffet! And the beef medallions are exquisite!