Temperature onboard

cabinluvn

I know this has been discussed before, but I cannot remember the answers. We will be doing the Hawaii Circle, with a total of 10 sea days. What will the temperature inside the ship be while at sea? I have heard that the first 5 days, San Diego to the first port, can be rough sailing, so windy, I assume. Will the A/C be blasting? Ports will be warm, so thinking what I need to pack for sea days. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Several issues here.

First, if you know something has been discussed, a search will probably reveal it.

Second, a search would reveal the common statement that the first 24-48 hours can be rougher. This also applies to the last 24-48 hours coming back to San Diego. And that the temps will increase as you head towards Hawaii, and correspondingly, decrease as you return to the West Coast.

Winds and rough seas don't absolutely correlate.

We just returned from the 27 day Med /TA on the Oosterdam. There was no warm comfortable places on the ship with two exceptions.

1) The Crows Nest could be OK, but then it became the garbage basket for all of the events that had no other place to be. So to loud.

2) The Lido deck, by the pool when they had the lid closed, then some humidity to warm it up. Great around 3-6 in the afternoon.

I certainly will not claim that all ships are the same, but if you like to sit and read in a quite spot bring a least a sweater, maybe two. Maybe a lite fleece pull over or jacket. On the Oosterdam it felt like the 2nd and 3rd floor were refrigerated, so they were deserted with lots of empty bars. So, higher up with sun on your windows. Pretty good chance you'll be on the shady side at least one way.

And yes it is pretty difficult to balance the AC over 10+ decks. I can't even get it right in our house. It seems as we mature that more of us are having some swings in our "comfort" zone. Unfortunatly we do not all seem to be swinging the same way. To hot / to cold, to hot, to cold.

Edited by aa7yy

This is a loaded question as depends on so many things like which ship, what is the temp outside, how well the HVAC is operating overall and in the specific location, how many people are on board or in the venue. The fewer the passengers, the colder it will be in the public areas. Recommend shawls or sweater just in case.

Cabins can be on the warm scale and the public rooms on the cold scale.

Officially, normal cabin temps were reported to be 73-77 degrees, which can feel quite different depending upon the humidity and the outside temps.

Public rooms can often feel much cooler and/or drafty so I always bring a sweater, fleece, vest or cashmere stole as my back up. You can get these types of items in the ship store, so don't worry if you did not pack them ahead of time.

Though that $3000 Russian cashmere stole with sequins we saw in the ships store on our Baltic cruise did give us pause. Nope, most ships have these extras more in the $10-30 range.

Jan 14th?? I'm on that cruise too! My peeps and I are discussing the same thing....What to pack?!?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Forums mobile app

Yes, we are on that cruise. Arriving two days early to see the Midway and discover San Diego. Will be picking up our bottles of wine to bring on board. Trying to keep myself from laying out clothes this early!

Yes, we are on that cruise. Arriving two days early to see the Midway and discover San Diego. Will be picking up our bottles of wine to bring on board. Trying to keep myself from laying out clothes this early!

We live in so.cal...so just a two hour drive, but driving in on the 13th and staying at the Wyndham. I've already started clothes shopping. I just want Christmas to end so I can go on my cruise![emoji15] [emoji572]

We live in so.cal...so just a two hour drive, but driving in on the 13th and staying at the Wyndham. I've already started clothes shopping. I just want Christmas to end so I can go on my cruise![emoji15] [emoji572]

Also staying at the Wyndham...have you joined the roll call? Might want to get in on the meet and greet!