Can I bring this item aboard Harmony of the Seas?

cubalinda

Hi there. My friend and I will be cruising on the Harmony of the Seas in early May and wondered if I am allowed to bring my own hairdryer? I know they provide a hairdryer, but I prefer my own.(pretty powerful)

I believe that you are not permitted to bring a curling iron and I am not sure about a hand-held clothes steamer. Of course an iron is a no no.

If someone could chime in on these questions I'd really appreciate it.

If you have any tips for the cabin that would be great too.

Thanks.

Hi there. My friend and I will be cruising on the Harmony of the Seas in early May and wondered if I am allowed to bring my own hairdryer? I know they provide a hairdryer, but I prefer my own.(pretty powerful)

I believe that you are not permitted to bring a curling iron and I am not sure about a hand-held clothes steamer. Of course an iron is a no no.

Thanks.

Yes to the hair dryer and curling iron.

No to the clothes steamer.

I'm not sure someone would know you are joking. :o

OP cubalinda, yes you may absolutely bring your own hair dryer and curling iron. I, and thousands of other passengers, do so every cruise with no problems.

Have fun. :)

I didn't mean to mislead, I thought that wasn't allowed. I thought I remembered anything with a heating element wasn't allowed. You could put the hair dryer down on high on top of paper or material and cause a fire.

• 2 weeks later...

From RRCL website, the applicable prohibited items along with the exceptions for this discussion.

"Candles, Incense, Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, Travel Steamers & Hot Plates. (Items that generate heat or produce an open flame. This includes heating pads, clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. NOTE: The only exception to this policy are curling irons and hair straighteners. Matches and normal lighteners are allowed onboard. However "torch lighters" and novelty lighters that look like guns are not allowed onboard. Torch lighters emit a powerful concentrated flame, and therefore are prohibited."

ANY hair appliance is allowed...the dryers provided are awful, unless you have short, thin hair. It takes me 3 times the amount of time to attempt to do my hair with the ship's dryers....they get hot, but they don't BLOW worth a damn, which is the whole point of "blow drying"!

Bring your own!!!

I am also on Harmony early May, ( May 6) and I will be bringing my hairdryer. As was posted, the ones on the ship and in most hotels are not good. Mine is a pretty powerful yet light weight travel dryer from brookstone. I love it. Never had a problem bringing on board.

ANY hair appliance is allowed...the dryers provided are awful, unless you have short, thin hair. It takes me 3 times the amount of time to attempt to do my hair with the ship's dryers....they get hot, but they don't BLOW worth a damn, which is the whole point of "blow drying"!

Bring your own!!!

I have long thick hair and my experience with their hair dryers was decent. Maybe you got a bad on?

I have thick hair and the blow dryers on Royal ships are horrible! I will be bringing my own next time.

Disney is the only cruise line that I have been on so far that has a decent blow dryer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks.

I just went on the HOS the week of Thanksgiving and I took my own hairdryer without any issue.

I brought a hair dryer, curling wand, and steamer on the Allure this month. The only problem was that my Dyson hairdryer uses A LOT of power and kept powering off (it blew a fuse at the Aria in Vegas). I'd bring another one next time.

I brought this one for our Harmony cruise last week, it worked great :

http://www.ulta.com/dryer-travel-purple-ht1044?productId=xlsImpprod2670005