Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Perhaps over her husbands head.....sorry but I just could not resist and I'll not say more as this is not the forum for that....If offended I apologize but my feelings go way beyond my comment.

Charles

I think it was over your head. From April of 2017

elebrity Cruises Announces Support for Malala Fund and Education for Girls Around the World

Malala Yousafzai to be honored as Godmother of Celebrity Edge

Today Celebrity Cruises has announced a two-year partnership with Malala Fund. With the shared commitment to diversity, inclusion and gender equality, the brand is partnering with Malala Fund whose mission is to secure 12 years of safe, free quality education for every girl.

Inspired by Malala’s mission and advances in furthering girl’s education, Celebrity is honored to name 19-year old Nobel Laureate and U.N. Messenger of Peace Malala Yousafzai as the Godmother of their newest ship, Celebrity Edge, debuting late in 2018.

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, the President and CEO of Celebrity Cruises, said that Malala's dedication to girls’ education sets an example worth following. "Partnering with Malala Fund was a natural fit as we share the same passion and commitment to an incredible cause. We believe in opportunities for all, especially as our crew onboard represent more than 50 different cultures - and amazing stories of achievement, education and economic advancement."

“Malala is an inspiration and a voice of hope," said Richard Fain, Chairman and CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. “This young woman is on a powerful mission, and we support it 100 percent. We are deeply honored to name Malala the Godmother of Celebrity Edge, and we're excited to team up with her and the Malala Fund to champion the global right to education.”

Fain added: “Malala Fund also advances one of our company’s key philosophies: that education is a great equalizer, providing opportunities to people who need it most.”

“We cannot get 130 million out-of-school girls into classrooms on our own. We are grateful to generous partners like Celebrity Cruises who support our work to help every girl learn and lead without fear,” said Philippa Lei, Malala Fund interim CEO.

A centuries-old maritime tradition, the role of Godmother is a lifetime title and honor. During the launch of a ship, the Godmother is responsible for bestowing good luck over a seagoing vessel and inspiring all that sail aboard by breaking a bottle over the bow as the ship is named, officiating the ceremony.

Malala began her life as an activist at 11 years old, writing a secret blog about life under the Taliban, who would not permit girls to go to school. She was targeted for her advocacy and, at 15, was shot on her school bus. Malala survived the attack and continued her campaign for girls’ education around the world. In 2014, Malala became the youngest-ever Nobel Peace Prize recipient, donating her entire prize earnings to finance a secondary school for girls in Pakistan. With Malala Fund, she continues to fight for every girl’s right to education.

Celebrity will continue to reveal details regarding the partnership throughout 2017 and 2018. To donate to Malala Fund visit click here

About Malala Fund:

Malala Fund is working for a world where all girls can learn for 12 years and lead without fear. Learn more at malala.org.

About Celebrity Cruises: Celebrity Cruises' iconic "X" is the mark of modern luxury, with its cool, contemporary design and warm spaces; dining experiences where the design of the venues is as important as the cuisine; and the amazing service that only Celebrity can provide, all created to provide an unmatchable experience for vacationers’ precious time. Celebrity Cruises' 12 ships offer modern luxury vacations visiting all seven continents. Celebrity also presents incredible cruise tour experiences in Alaska and Canada. Celebrity is one of five cruise brands operated by global cruise vacation company Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. (NYSE: RCL). For more information, dial 1-800-437-3111, or call your travel agent.

I just found out my TA is sailing on Edge on one of the cancelled "preview" cruises at the end of November...the same end of November date that I had booked. Apparently, the ship will be ready by then and TAs have been invited to cruise to get the lay of the land (or sea!). Exciting for her...I've got to wait an entire extra year!!!

I just found out my TA is sailing on Edge on one of the cancelled "preview" cruises at the end of November...the same end of November date that I had booked. Apparently, the ship will be ready by then and TAs have been invited to cruise to get the lay of the land (or sea!). Exciting for her...I've got to wait an entire extra year!!!

That’s what I figured when I saw a tweet from another TA invited to cruise the Edge in late November. Bad news in that canceling that preview cruise cost me money (flight more expensive for the Dec 1 cruise- they did pay cancellation fee) and I was hoping to be the first in my bed. 😉 Good news in that the staff and crew will have some experience with having guests onboard when we arrive and maybe work out a few kinks. 😃

Sorry for Lola and others on my roll call who were canceled and couldn’t rebook as I was able to do. 😟

I will get to see Edge next June when Jewel of the Seas is parked next to her in Naples. That trip was booked before I found out Edge would be in the Med next summer...although at twice the price, I'm not sure our entire group would have been able to participate.

In any event, my TA will have a great time and come back with some exciting stories! And the anticipation will build before I board 12/1/2019...yikes!

I can only guess that it was read as Melania not Malala?

Now I am really confused about the comment?

There were many pr announcements about Malala ..and no doubt there will be more pr and "opportunities" to contribute to her fund.....search main CC thread.

I was disappointed X dropped the Breast Cancer awareness efforts and events but they have moved on....their perogative.

Edited by hcat

Gee. Thanks. :)

That is an offer that I couldn't refuse.

5c9afc504d4e8aab91aa14216de5a851.jpg

Lloyd- I will now look for you on-board since you will be easy to spot. I always figured you might look like Marlon Brando! Interesting trivia here his father Marlon Brando Sr. was a producer and produced the 1962 movie Naked Edge starring Gary Cooper.

Now I am really confused about the comment?

There were many pr announcements about Malala ..and no doubt there will be more pr and "opportunities" to contribute to her fund.....search main CC thread.

I was disappointed X dropped the Breast Cancer awareness efforts and events but they have moved on....their perogative.

Just someone with an agenda, nuff said

Atrium looks great..also the other areas. We will be assigned to BLU in Jan but are booked in all the MDR venues for our Nov cruise...

Lloyd, Thanks so much for sharing the progress on the interior spaces.

Oh what a beauty Edge will be- the interiour shots look stunning so far! I am almost tempted to try X again after a few years of absence! Does anyone know if the " Normandy" is something like that former restaurant on board Summit? Will they use those fittings- maybe just for the lobby..?

Oh what a beauty Edge will be- the interiour shots look stunning so far! I am almost tempted to try X again after a few years of absence! Does anyone know if the " Normandy" is something like that former restaurant on board Summit? Will they use those fittings- maybe just for the lobby..?

Yes, the Normandy on the Edge is supposed to be a direct take from the former restaurant on the Summit. And I’ve read in a few places that some of the fittings from the Summit will be installed on the Edge version.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums