Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I bet she is looking at each one very very carefully and will have a bunch of new threads with all her discoveries by tomorrow morning!

With that said, has anyone notice the lack of hot tubs in the solarium?

I’ll bet Vt has passed out! So many new shots to digest!

Photo 87! Sky Suite?! Or maybe Edge Villa after seeing next ones!

Brilliant, Dachs! I think this is the window/mirror in the bathroom of a SS! The set up looks just like the SS's. Yay, it looks like at least one SS is facing the sea! Hopefully it is mine!! :D

enhance

You can see the mirror/window here and the layout looks the same.

enhance

Edited by vtcruising

I just compared this photo to the video mock up of the SS and it appears, in the photo below the closet has yet to be installed. That is why the headboard sticks out into the hallway.

[32995a26cb445af740f27fa22b9cc07e.jpgquote=vtcruising;57137473]Brilliant, Dachs! I think this is the window/mirror in the bathroom of a SS! The set up looks just like the SS's. Yay, it looks like at least one SS is facing the sea! Hopefully it is mine!! :D

enhance

Edited by Mcampo

I just compared this photo to the video mock up of the SS and it appears, in the photo below the closet has yet to be installed. That is why the headboard sticks out into the hallway.

[32995a26cb445af740f27fa22b9cc07e.jpgquote=vtcruising;57137473]Brilliant, Dachs! I think this is the window/mirror in the bathroom of a SS! The set up looks just like the SS's. Yay, it looks like at least one SS is facing the sea! Hopefully it is mine!! :D

enhance

I edited the last post and added a picture above - they look very similar! :D I am doing the sky suite happy dance! ;)

Only 176 suites (double occupancy 352 people) + people traveling with suite people in connecting staterooms so plenty of space at the pool. ;)

Actually, my observation is that many who gravitate to lounging by the pool don't necessarily go in swimming. I personally would just enjoy sitting on the edge with my feet in the pool for a few minutes to cool down.

Oh yes, I will be getting up at 0500 and placing my towel in one of those hanging loungers. ;) In reality, they look cool, but not that comfortable to me. I also don't think I would be able to get into one gracefully. :D

The design is interesting in that there is this wide underwater shallow area, as seen below. I guess that would be where you would put loungers in the water, but I still can't find one of those early pictures. This picture gives an idea of what is underwater. It is a beautiful pool, IMO.

enhance

enhance

Looking at the latest Retreat photos and the fact sheet really show that there isn’t a lot of space here for their 1st dedicated pool deck.

We were on the MSC seaside on May in the Yacht Club. Realize it is a larger ship but was curious of it’s specs for comparison.

MSC YC Rooms - 86, approx 180 passengers double occupancy

Pool deck - 17,222 sf

Restaurant- 6800 sf

Lounge - no info but larger sf than restaurant

Edge rooms per Vt above

176, approx 352 double occupancy

Retreat pool, 12,701 sf, 190 seats

Luminae- 4133 sf, 170 seats

Lounge - 3585 sf

My impression - Edge suite facilities are not very spacious for the number of suite passengers and at best can only accommodate 1/2 the people.

Couldn’t find any specs for NCL Haven, but I think Edge is a closer match for the Breakaway class Haven.

I bet she is looking at each one very very carefully and will have a bunch of new threads with all her discoveries by tomorrow morning!

Solarium does have at least one hot tub..saw pics of it someplace along the line. The Solarium pool appears smaller than S Class ...?????

Boy those beds are big..the suite spaces can definitely carry it but the Verandas not so much!

You guys are funny!! :D

PS: I believe there will be one hot tub in the solarium (on the right below).

enhance

Brilliant, Dachs! I think this is the window/mirror in the bathroom of a SS! The set up looks just like the SS's. Yay, it looks like at least one SS is facing the sea! Hopefully it is mine!! :D

enhance

enhance

Thanks

Do you have anything on the S2 accessible

Thanks jc

Looking at the latest Retreat photos and the fact sheet really show that there isn’t a lot of space here for their 1st dedicated pool deck.

We were on the MSC seaside on May in the Yacht Club. Realize it is a larger ship but was curious of it’s specs for comparison.

MSC YC Rooms - 86, approx 180 passengers double occupancy

Pool deck - 17,222 sf

Restaurant- 6800 sf

Lounge - no info but larger sf than restaurant

Edge rooms per Vt above

176, approx 352 double occupancy

Retreat pool, 12,701 sf, 190 seats

Luminae- 4133 sf, 170 seats

Lounge - 3585 sf

My impression - Edge suite facilities are not very spacious for the number of suite passengers and at best can only accommodate 1/2 the people.

Couldn’t find any specs for NCL Haven, but I think Edge is a closer match for the Breakaway class Haven.

The front part of the Retreat seems small, but when added to the back part, which is past the EV's (the back 40 is pictured below), it is a bigger area to spread out. I wasn't sure that those seats were part of the Retreat at the beginning until the Retreat pictures showed the area around the Solarium dome.

I know the number of seats include these so mathematically it seems like too few, but I'm not sure if all will want to be there at the same time. There is a lot of room in the Retreat Lounge and an outdoor deck for the Lounge as well. Many will want the likely more lively regular pool scene and will want to swim in the huge pool and some will prefer the Solarium. Others will prefer their own balconies. The Retreat may start out crowded since it will be a new thing, but hopefully over time people will disperse over many areas. :D

enhance

enhance

In the new pictures, we finally got to see the front view of the Retreat:

enhance

Retreat Pool Bar area?

enhance

Retreat Cabanas (I think):

enhance

Photo 87! Sky Suite?! Or maybe Edge Villa after seeing next ones!

Quote - mcampo - BELEIVE SO!!!!! I was just looking at that! Bed facing the Window and all! These are great new photos! I am so excited. Only 72 days more until I sail Edge.

enhance

enhance

It's fun trying to guess which cabin. So from the link and picture Dachshunds shared, it seems that almost directly across this SS could be an exit way/stairs? With the bed placement side, maybe it's 9180, 9187, 10152 or 10151. I could be totally wrong, just guessing and having fun with it. :D

Quote - mcampo - BELEIVE SO!!!!! I was just looking at that! Bed facing the Window and all! These are great new photos! I am so excited. Only 72 days more until I sail Edge.

It's fun trying to guess which cabin. So from the link and picture Dachshunds shared, it seems that almost directly across this SS could be an exit way/stairs? With the bed placement side, maybe it's 9180, 9187, 10152 or 10151. I could be totally wrong, just guessing and having fun with it. :D

I've been doing the same thing - wasn't sure if that was a storage/staff area. None of the SS have a cabin doorway directly across from their doorways. I didn't think of a stairway. That could be....

This is a blowup, if it helps anyone figure it out:

Can you tell anything about the view from the balcony (hence the location) from the reflection in the mirror?

enhance

Edited by vtcruising

I've been doing the same thing - wasn't sure if that was a storage/staff area. None of the SS have a cabin doorway directly across from their doorways. I didn't think of a stairway. That could be....

This is a blowup, if it helps anyone figure it out:

Can you tell anything about the view from the balcony (hence the location) from the reflection in the mirror?

enhance

The SS is probably Port or Starboard (hard to tell which).

Unfortunately not AFT as the S1’s are in an alcove, so you probably wouldn’t have that view from the cabin door.

Too bad, I was really hoping that the AFT SS would have the bed facing the water.

The SS is probably Port or Starboard (hard to tell which).

Unfortunately not AFT as the S1’s are in an alcove, so you probably wouldn’t have that view from the cabin door.

Too bad, I was really hoping that the AFT SS would have the bed facing the water.

I know. I ruled out the aft S1's right away as well. Maybe someone will photograph the inside of one of those soon and put us out of our misery. :D

I thought you were in an aft S1?

Yes, I am. I meant that I ruled out that the picture above was an aft S1. I was hoping it was an aft S1 since the bed will face the ocean, though it isn't a deal breaker if it doesn't. These pictures are making me even more excited to sail her! :D

Yes, I am. I meant that I ruled out that the picture above was an aft S1. I was hoping it was an aft S1 since the bed will face the ocean, though it isn't a deal breaker if it doesn't. These pictures are making me even more excited to sail her! :D

Glad to hear, you got me nervous. As I recall you have the same aft S1 in December as we do on January 20th, can’t wait for your pix and reviews.

Katie]

Yes, I am. I meant that I ruled out that the picture above was an aft S1. I was hoping it was an aft S1 since the bed will face the ocean, though it isn't a deal breaker if it doesn't. These pictures are making me even more excited to sail her! :D[/quote

Glad to hear, you got me nervous. As I recall you have the same aft S1 in December as we do on January 20th, can’t wait for your pix and reviews.

Katie]

Yes, I will be in there on Dec 1! I will try to keep it in good shape for you, though I'm sure we will have several major parties in there. If the bed isn't facing the ocean, it will be by the time we leave!! ;)