Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

The second SS you describe [12152] is an S3. Actually, it's MY S3 on the Jan. 20 sailing! :)

My browser says we will have "One Set Together" bed configuration, and the picture is this one [with bed facing the ocean]:

enhance

Yes, sorry, I meant S3. I had ignored the deck 12 S3's last night since they don't have connecting cabins, but looked at them this morning to see if there was any identifying differences and saw that hallway across from your suite. That would be funny if it turns out to be that suite. It looks like a good one! :D

Okay folks, if I may interject. As compelling as this bed/bath/beyond discussion has been, I truly believe that it is time to put it to rest. We are now beating a dead horse. In fact, we have slaughtered an entire herd of show ponies. There is no doubt that those participating in these– way too many - posts are doing so with fervor and commitment. However, enough is enough. There is no longer any value to the subject thread. Whether or not there has ever been, begs a different forum, just not here.

Granted, I have been on the Edge of my seat with every misspelled word, red arrow, red circle, diagram, diaphragm, homey suggestions, sheet thread count, bed direction, balcony measurements, best calming boat location, excitement of guessing which is your cabin, why MC is the color that it is, why corridors are straight rather than switch backed, shuffleboard tourneys, will I be sleeping sideways while sailing backwards, is there a man/woman in my closet, whether or not the captain knows anything about navigation, alcohol content, food coloring, nationality of room steward, eating backwards while sailing forward, peeing in the pool and avoiding detection, bathroom amenities, library cards, pool water volume and sway, and finally, “whew” will the boat float. You get my drift here.

For sure, these are all critical items when it comes to any cruise vacation. However, when we are bombarded with so much valuable information, or aimless drivel, depending on your perspective, it is difficult to give credence to the subject matter……just sayin’.

Okay folks, if I may interject. As compelling as this bed/bath/beyond discussion has been, I truly believe that it is time to put it to rest. We are now beating a dead horse. In fact, we have slaughtered an entire herd of show ponies. There is no doubt that those participating in these– way too many - posts are doing so with fervor and commitment. However, enough is enough. There is no longer any value to the subject thread. Whether or not there has ever been, begs a different forum, just not here.

Granted, I have been on the Edge of my seat with every misspelled word, red arrow, red circle, diagram, diaphragm, homey suggestions, sheet thread count, bed direction, balcony measurements, best calming boat location, excitement of guessing which is your cabin, why MC is the color that it is, why corridors are straight rather than switch backed, shuffleboard tourneys, will I be sleeping sideways while sailing backwards, is there a man/woman in my closet, whether or not the captain knows anything about navigation, alcohol content, food coloring, nationality of room steward, eating backwards while sailing forward, peeing in the pool and avoiding detection, bathroom amenities, library cards, pool water volume and sway, and finally, “whew” will the boat float. You get my drift here.

For sure, these are all critical items when it comes to any cruise vacation. However, when we are bombarded with so much valuable information, or aimless drivel, depending on your perspective, it is difficult to give credence to the subject matter……just sayin’.

Rather than complaining simply stop reading this thread. It’s obvious others are enjoying and interested in the various discussions.

Whether or not the beds can be separated is important for some, like me. I am single and usually travel with a friend. We always separate the beds. I've never had to worry about that before, now I'll have to make sure if I book a SS that it is one in which the beds can be separated. I certainly would not want to me surprised once I'm on the ship.

Celebrity should mark on the deck plans the ones where the beds can not be separated with a little icon.

One of the funniest posts I've read in a good long time. Thank you!!!

Tarwood3 amused me, too.

Sometimes when I log onto this thread, I think, you guys post 'em quicker than I can read 'em. Sometimes I take a break and come back and either get hooked for a while, or not; but you truly entertained me and I am really glad I took the time to spend with you.

:*

Participation on any thread is voluntary...so you can pass us by if some of the posts here are not for you.

I am enjoying it...and will be much better informed when we cruise.

Those of us who have been on this thread for months... know that people participating have enjoyed the speculating. I love people who complain about other people complaining or commenting. They don't seem to realize they are essentially doing the same thing... you can start your own thread... if you are worried about losing the mystery of the ship ... stay away. I have enjoyed trying to figure out what is what... and frankly ignore comments that I might find nit picky or whatever. They have right to express themselves and this is cruisecritic afterall

I absolutely agree, especially when there are already four (probably more) other threads talking about cabins. Take your pick. "Where's my cabin", or "Edge Sky Suites - What's the scoop", or "Infinite Verandas - Who knew" or "interlocking cabins". I'm sure there are others but I think it's a bit overkill. I wonder if people do as much research on their hotel rooms when staying at a hotel?

Is it me or does it seem like people are becoming OCD and overly scrutinizing every tiny detail on the ship?? I like looking at pics of the beautiful spaces but I really want to explore and be surprised when I walk on the ship. All this nit picking takes the fun out of it..... I cant believe how many people have already decided what furniture wont be comfortable just by the look of it?? You cant tell if something is comfortable or not by just looking at a pic...comical really. Guess I need to take a break from this thread until the ship is on its way across the pond and the real excitement begins. Maiden Voyage and so excited...

I'm with you. I'm all for having fun researching a new ship and checking out the details, and I tend to sail pretty much every prototype regardless of cruise line, but some of the scrutiny regarding EDGE is on the verge of absurdity. I've seen people put less effort into their own living room furniture. Some seem to have condemned the ship before the first pax has even set foot onboard. Doomed to failure. Perhaps they should stay home since their mind is already made up.

I'm with you. I'm all for having fun researching a new ship and checking out the details, and I tend to sail pretty much every prototype regardless of cruise line, but some of the scrutiny regarding EDGE is on the verge of absurdity. I've seen people put less effort into their own living room furniture. Some seem to have condemned the ship before the first pax has even set foot onboard. Doomed to failure. Perhaps they should stay home since their mind is already made up.

You are very condescending.

Red arrow alert!! Boring details warning!! Look away, if this is not your cup of tea. ;)

I was surprised to see such large bump outs into the hallways (but at least the bathrooms are bigger :D). Do the hallways look the same width as usual to you?

I enjoy placing arrows on pictures, so did so below to point out the RFID lock, as well as a traditional lock.

My third arrow is pointing to the nifty light by the door. I really like that - nice touch! It will be useful when coming "home" and makes the hallway look nice. :cool:

enhance

enhance

I absolutely agree, especially when there are already four (probably more) other threads talking about cabins. Take your pick. "Where's my cabin", or "Edge Sky Suites - What's the scoop", or "Infinite Verandas - Who knew" or "interlocking cabins". I'm sure there are others but I think it's a bit overkill. I wonder if people do as much research on their hotel rooms when staying at a hotel?

Wow. Thx for telling me about the "Infinite Verandas -- Who Knew" thread. I better go check it out! Gotta love Cruise Critic. :D

Red arrow alert!! Boring details warning!! Look away, if this is not your cup of tea. ;)

I was surprised to see such large bump outs into the hallways (but at least the bathrooms are bigger :D). Do the hallways look the same width as usual to you?

I enjoy placing arrows on pictures, so did so below to point out the RFID lock, as well as a traditional lock.

My third arrow is pointing to the nifty light by the door. I really like that - nice touch! It will be useful when coming "home" and makes the hallway look nice. :cool:

enhance

enhance

(y)

I love these threads! My only subjective opin was this master Edge thread has so much info in it and wish it was broken up into specific subjects a bit, but it’s what it is, and a great source of info and fun. It grew into what we all want to get out of it.

What I try to do with my posts is to maybe pass some info I hope is useful for others (and correct??), and to add a bit of levity and fun. And ask to get more info from those that could help me. We Are talking about vacationing and enjoying life. My wife sees me madly typing away and she knows what site I’m on and rolls her eyes. But she enjoys the info we share from so many of you.

As to spending more time evaluating and guessing and sharing about the Edge than we’d ever do for a hotel......if you see a cruise ship as your hotel room and a transport from one port to another, then I fully understand why you’d think this is a waste of time. Yes, I love the itineraries but I also cruise for the ship experience. I now have 27 cruises and if you look at my signature below with the one Crystal Caribbean and the two Edge Caribbean B2B’s and you think Im cruising to see those ports, then you are missing the whole point of why many of us cruise. Where I live on the Fla Panhandle, we have better beaches than most islands, certainly better restaurants then most (all?) islands, and I can buy Chinese stuff here at home just as well as I can on ‘some island’. I’m really looking forward to seeing if the Crystal Line is worth the major increase in costs, and really, really, really (ok enough) looking forward to trying the Edge. I love the ship-experience and cruise for it instead of land tours and other options.

I agree we can get a bit touchy on thinking that there is some issue such as Celebrity didn’t add any curtains in the IV SRs to block out the rising Sun, but that’s really 1/2 the fun of second-guessing everything we will be involved in.

Well, enough. By the way, I can never know what is in someone’s mind or what their reason for some post that appears to be a putdown of others, but I’m usually very skeptical of those that end their posts with ‘.....just saying’.

Den

Edited by Denny01

My guess is the vast majority of us are enjoying this thread. Big thanks to Llyod555, Vtcruising et al for all the pix and ship information they are passing along.:D

I agree.THANKS GUYS!

..They and others provided more info than we learned from X.

.yes there has been some blending of topics and crossover but mostly quite well organized!

Cruises cost thousands of dollars so I like to know what to expect..Saves the " deer in headlights look" that we see many display on board.