cruise transfers and hotels

grammy clown

Cdn dollar is great against the Euro right now.

Not sure I would agree

$100 CAD you get 71 Euro

$100 CAD you get $75 USD

$100 CAD you get 61 GBP

better deal is to get AUD $100 CAD for $103 AUD

Edited by LHT28

Not sure I would agree

100 euro costs approx $140 CAD

$100 USD cost approx $132 CAD

You can't compare it that way. The costs aren't the same. Let's take a bottle of wine could cost me €10 euro but the same bottle of wine in the US costs me $20 us. Which is the better deal? Europe doesn't base their cost on US prices.

Being it's a special time for you, you should check it out. With us we always get are own hotel and tranf. In all the cruises we've taken we've always done better-and a car service is a much better way to arrive at the port or from the port.

You can't compare it that way. The costs aren't the same. Let's take a bottle of wine could cost me €10 euro but the same bottle of wine in the US costs me $20 us. Which is the better deal? Europe doesn't base their cost on US prices.

I never seem to find those kind of deals ;)

I never seem to find those kind of deals ;)

I probably should have used my Heineken example on the French Riviera, .25 cents for a bottle in the grocery store ;). The good Euro and great Pound are why we're doing Crete and London by land in May rather than a Greek island cruise which was the original plan.

I think you have to weigh the options & pricing

If you use O air & want to fly in early

do the costing for DIY VS the hotel package from O

Deviation fee $175 x 2

transfer from airport to hotel

hotel room

transfer to port

All those options are included in O's hotel package

sometimes it works to take the package sometimes not

Remember the package price is PP

Research is key

Some just like the convenience of having O looking after them

There is no right or wrong answer just what works for YOU

A point when thinking of taking your own transfer from the hotel to the ship. When we visited Beijing a few days pre-cruise we used Oceania transfers and hotel. The port was about two hours away at Tianjin and we found out not all cabs were authorized beyond the gate at the port. Glad we kept it simple and made our arrangements through O.

Another point that no one has mentioned is that the transfer from London will be to Dover or Southampton, presumably, which is a not inconsiderable trip. There are many great reputable limo services I'm sure, and there are four of you, so the cost won't be too bad, but it's not something you'd normally arrange with your London hotel, I wouldn't think.

Another point to be clear about is that you would not have to pay the deviation fee is you took the package (unless you asked for specific flights, of course.)

By the way, just reread your post and for the most part you are much better off booking directly with the hotel or hotel chain than with an online booking tool. Of course there are a few exceptions but, for the most part booking direct gives you the option to put in discount codes such as Senior, AAA, AARP, Government, Corporate, etc. This option is not usually available with on line booking. In addition, in many times internet is only free when booking direct, many hotels now will match on line prices and perhaps give an additional 10% off. Also, if any issues much better to book direct so you can talk direct to the hotel rather than have to go thru a booking company as a middle man. Do use on line booking go get an idea of what hotels are available and approx. rates but, then choose the hotels I want and go to the hotel direct site, usually get a better rate, chance for upgrade, internet frequent renter points, etc. Use the onlince service to start but, then see how much better in most cases booking direct with the hotel is. Don't forget, some of those great rates you see on the sites require payment in advance and no refund while in most cases I can beat those prices with no charge cancellation up to the day of arrival or so.

You may disagree, but I have done the research. [emoji404]

(For the cruise we had to cancel - b4 we cancelled it of course), and with outr newly booked cruise. Cruiseline price was not too bad. And trust me the conversation to Canadian is awful. I did it last night for the hotel we did choose for Rome - ouch! It went from €346 to $501CAD! [emoji383] Kinda hoping that the price goes down more! [emoji21]

Now with that said deals can be had for the US market. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Forums mobile app