Live from Navigator - 12/9/2016 - Ship Goes A.B.C...Drink Count Goes 1.2.3...

What are the blocks ? How does one earn and collect them?

They are a milestone recognition gift from Crown & Anchor that you first receive when you achieve 140 C&A points. You will then receive one at every additional 70 point milestone (e.g. 210, 280, etc...).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Laura was off the ship and we were on the road at around 10 till 8:00. The Seafarers Ministry was a great waiting lot.

Thanks for letting me tag along with my wife's cruise. ;)

My pleasure! I hope she had a great time with Kay and John.

I forgot to mention, Chef's Table was held four times during our sailing. However, if you want to repeat it twice during the sailing, the last evening it is held they change the menu and the wine pairings. If anyone enjoyed this special menu, I would love to hear how it differed.

Also, the CT wine pairings are on a ship-by-ship basis. As sad as I was to see Caymus wasn't on the menu for the Navigator, we all found the wine selections to be fantastic.

Unfortunately Caymus has been gone for awhile from CT on our recent cruises. Last time we saw it was Oasis in 2015. And, to us, the wines they're now pairing with the main course don't compare. I guess it's another cost saver for the cruise line. And, on our recent Allure cruise, we were told regular Caymus was no longer on the wine list and only Caymus Special Select was available. We even checked with Vintages and it wasn't on the wine list. Disappointing..... :(

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Unfortunately Caymus has been gone for awhile from CT on our recent cruises. Last time we saw it was Oasis in 2015. And, to us, the wines they're now pairing with the main course don't compare. I guess it's another cost saver for the cruise line. And, on our recent Allure cruise, we were told regular Caymus was no longer on the wine list and only Caymus Special Select was available. We even checked with Vintages and it wasn't on the wine list. Disappointing..... :(

Sorry to hear that, but I think that may have been specific to your sailings. We had Caymus as part of CT on Enchantment this past October. In addition, Vintages on Navigator did in fact have regular Caymus for purchase. Refer to post 274.

Sorry to hear that, but I think that may have been specific to your sailings. We had Caymus as part of CT on Enchantment this past October. In addition, Vintages on Navigator did in fact have regular Caymus for purchase. Refer to post 274.

I'm glad you were able to get Caymus in Vintages on Navigator. We're on Harmony next month so we'll see if they have it. For CT on Rhapsody, Jewel and Brilliance and Allure in 2016.....no Caymus. Gotta love the inconsistency. ;)

Thanks for taking us along. I've enjoyed your pics and commentary.

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

In April there was only caymus special selection available in vintages on the Navigator -- was able to use my "buy one get one free" ... only cost $40 for two glasses (I was happy:D)

On Explorer in September at the Chef's table their special wine was Sequoia Grove ... no Caymus there either. I missed it.

So glad it looks as if our April cruise will have some ... If not I'll just bring on two bottles!

Thank you so much for taking us all along on your adventure, it does make waiting easier. Jan

Great review - appreciate you taking us on your adventure, we are looking forward to sailing in 33 days :)

Can you tell me who the suite concierge is on the ship?

We are thinking of doing a few different restaurants during this trip, appreciate the reviews.

Thank you for a great review.

I really enjoyed it, we will be doing the same ship and itinerary in March. A couple questions if you don't mind. How long were the waits for anytime dining? We have a group of 10. Are the $79 drink cards available from day 1 and available throughout the cruise?

Glad you had a great cruise.:)

We're sailing in this cabin #9614 on Navigator in a couple of weeks. Can you please tell me what types of chairs and/or table are on the balcony?

The Itinerary

My goal is to lay my head down each night on one of the recently updated cement slabs in Cabin 9614, which is a Junior Suite located on the port side hump on deck…anyone, anyone…nine!

Thank you for a great review.

I really enjoyed it, we will be doing the same ship and itinerary in March. A couple questions if you don't mind. How long were the waits for anytime dining? We have a group of 10. Are the $79 drink cards available from day 1 and available throughout the cruise?

Glad you had a great cruise.:)

For the three times we ate there, the wait was only 5 or so minutes, but we always had My Time Dining reservations in advance of showing up.

The drink cards were not available from Day 1 and it was even unusual that they were made available on Day 4 as this was still quite early in the sailing.

We're sailing in this cabin #9614 on Navigator in a couple of weeks. Can you please tell me what types of chairs and/or table are on the balcony?

The Itinerary

My goal is to lay my head down each night on one of the recently updated cement slabs in Cabin 9614, which is a Junior Suite located on the port side hump on deck…anyone, anyone…nine!

One Lounger and two chairs.

3a23b87831fa994853228bfed705d554.jpg

d12c1f2754d35f3faa9c9437e392a835.jpg

Hi Rick, Thank you very much for your unique and entertaining review. I loved it.

I have a question RE your Christmas Suit. I found that is was available on Amazon Canada. However many of the reviewers were complaining that it was sized considerably smaller than what they ordered. But when I read deeper on the reviews, it seem many were confusing Pant Size with Jacket size. One said that they wear a size 36 waist and ordered the 38 thinking it would be slightly large but ended up being way too small. So If I wear a 42S or 42R suit jacket, do you think it will be sized right if I order a 42? Did you have to have it altered? I know it is sort of off topic, but you're the only contact I have that might know.

Thanks again and looking forward to your next review.

dp

Edited by dpostman

Hi Rick, Thank you very much for your unique and entertaining review. I loved it.

I have a question RE your Christmas Suit. I found that is was available on Amazon Canada. However many of the reviewers were complaining that it was sized considerably smaller that what they ordered. But when I read deeper on the reviews, it seem many were confusing Pant Size with Jacket size. One said that they wear a size 36 waist and ordered the 38 thinking it would be slightly large but ended up being way too small. So If I wear a 42S or 42R suit jacket, do you think it will be sized right if I order a 42? Did you have to have it altered? I know it is sort of off topic, but you're the only contact I have that might know.

Thanks again and looking forward to your next review.

dp

I am a slim guy and usually require a tailored/slim fit, so I found the cut of the suit to be perfect. Now, if you like/require a little more room, then you will most definitely find the suit to "run small." The only alteration I made was to have the pant legs shortened. As far as size goes, I ordered what I normally would (36S jacket and 31 pants). Hopefully that helps.

I am a slim guy and usually require a tailored/slim fit, so I found the cut of the suit to be perfect. Now, if you like/require a little more room, then you will most definitely find the suit to "run small." The only alteration I made was to have the pant legs shortened. As far as size goes, I ordered what I normally would (36S jacket and 31 pants). Hopefully that helps.

Wow, That was a fast reply. Thanks. I think I'll go with the 44. There is more chance that it will fit especially if i had to wear it towards the end of a cruise;) rather than the beginning of one.

Have a safe trip back.

dp

Got a point there. You can take the girl out of Brooklyn but you will never get the Brooklyn out of the girl and I will forever be Italian :p

I'm not Italian, but my wife and I were invited to our city's Italian Society's annual supper a few months ago. I got to eat hand made authentic Timballo for the first time. AWESOME!!!

dp

I'm on this cruise in January. This is my first time on a renovated Voyager or Freedom ship. How is the club up the VCL compared to the Crypt clubs? I know they vary by sailing but was just curious!

The VCL is sufficient as a nightclub and is used as such on many different ships, (Vision class and Empress). I actually prefer VCL as the Crypt's dance floor was very segregated from the rest of the club. VCL is more conducive for people watching and being closer to the action.

Edited by CruiseLifeRick