luggage valet service

beebee

Has anyone checked recently to see if Celebrity has reinstated their luggage valet service for ships docking in Miami and passengers taking flights from Fort Lauderdale?

I know they had done away with it but their was some speculation that it might be back.

Has anyone checked recently to see if Celebrity has reinstated their luggage valet service for ships docking in Miami and passengers taking flights from Fort Lauderdale?

I know they had done away with it but their was some speculation that it might be back.

Still a speculation.

We will also miss it. We liked the idea of not having to drag our luggage to the airport- it made check in so much easier. It was a wonderful service that we will sorely miss. Hope that no other cruise line cancels this worthwhile service.

Not sure why they would do it. They probably made some money on those who used the service. For me and my DH it was worth the fee.

Soooooo...... I now have to schlepp my luggage from the port up to my stateroom? Really?

Well, maybe I will get to put it away earlier that way. Right?

Since when has anyone had to ever schlepp their bags up to their stateroom?? This only would happen if someone refused to let the handlers put the baggage on the delivery racks. Then in that case, yes, you would have to carry it yourself.

Not the purpose of the luggage valet service is not to schlepp bags to your stateroom. It has to do with getting your luggage to the airport then retrieving it at your destination. All you do is leave your checked luggage with the airport tags that are given to you by the cruise line the evening before outside your cabin. In addition, you get your boarding passes delivered to your stateroom the evening before. My DH and I typically take one large and one carry on each. Sometimes we might have an extra piece of luggage for pants, shirts and my evening attire. We then have to bring to a cab after we go through customs. It is so easy and a pleasant way to end a trip- when you only carry to the airport a carry on and a purse and or computer case. You then retrieve your luggage at the end of your flight home.

Some of us really appreciate the service. Those who have used it- will miss it.

Edited by Cruise a holic

We just got off the Silhouette yesterday, and sure enough while some older woman was trying to retrieve her bags, it appeared she either trip or got pushed by another passenger's bag. She hit the ground very hard, in all the madness of people. Paramedics were called, and hopefully she was alright.

For all those poster's who like to build up their responses with smart and inaccurate information, Luggage Valet might have prevented this.

And sure enough at FLL airport, we sat across from 2 women who cruised with RCC. They talked about the ease and comfort they had with Luggage Valet at the end of their cruise.

For the people who are physically challenged, it was wonderful. Hope it is brought back by February 2017. Lots of people are going to other Cruise lines because of it. Please bring it back.

Totally agree with you! That was our reason(physcially challenged) for cancelling our Thanksgiving cruise on Celebrity and booking on Princess.