Reflection Summer 2018

Dave from Ont

I've been looking very seriously at the 4/27/2018 cruise out of Rome and heading to Greece, but that is nowhere to be found when I checked a few minutes ago. I saw Reflection cruises for autumn 2018, but nothing for spring or summer.

If anyone learns more, please share it here!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I booked this date and cruise a few hours after it came out online..actually put it on hold. It went up in price twice since I booked it, but have never seen it again on Celebrity's website. I have seen it on another site. On Celebrity it kept saying that there were no cabins available. We were lucky and received all the perks for an S1 and a $50 birthday certificate. I told my DH that something would definitely happen due to the good deal we felt like we received. I guess I am calling this cruise...Up, Up and Away...

Edited by Lastdance

We booked Concierge go best with the beverage package and Ended up with $500 OBC. $200 because we booked on board and $300 for the go best. Plus is was only $100 each deposit.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

So it sounds like you got a great deal with all the perks. :)

We have already booked the May 18, 2018 Italy/Greek Isles cruise while on board Summit a couple of weeks ago. I hope they come back soon. I would hate to have my booking cancelled already!

What perks did you receive? I booked the same day they were released, so just wondering....I can't see my cruise either...

I booked a June Italy/Greek Isles cruise (aren't they popular) the day itineraries were released as well and got all four perks because we booked an S1. Was really looking forward to it. I can no longer see my cruise but when I log in, it's still listed amongst my bookings. Hopefully Celebrity gets their act together and updates their website!

I booked a June Italy/Greek Isles cruise (aren't they popular) the day itineraries were released as well and got all four perks because we booked an S1. Was really looking forward to it. I can no longer see my cruise but when I log in, it's still listed amongst my bookings. Hopefully Celebrity gets their act together and updates their website!

I do still see mine when I log into my bookings. Weird stuff overall.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

same here...booked S1, got the go Best and $300 obc...we booked 10/12/18...two S1's next to each other. We can see our cruise reservation when we log in to our account..otherwise its all a mystery. sigh. the waiting continues.

My TA got back to me after talking to her Celebrity sales rep and was assured the Reflection was not chartered.

Thanks for passing this along. I'd find it hard to believe that Reflection got chartered for a solid 5 month period. Did your TA have any other thoughts about what is going on?

I called this morning and they are saying they can see the cruises so may be a glitch in the system...which would not be surprising.

I hope it is just a glitch, and if it is it's quite a doozy. It's more than 24 hours since you called and there's still no evidence on X's website that Reflection is sailing anywhere from May 2018 through October 2018.

Edited by conquesodor

Thanks for passing this along. I'd find it hard to believe that Reflection got chartered for a solid 5 month period. Did your TA have any other thoughts about what is going on?

It doesn't have to be chartered for the whole 5 months, sometimes a couple of charters throws out quite a few sailings, especially if the port stops are altered. Look what happened to Equinox this year: the ship was redeployed to the Caribbean after many bookings had already been made for Europe in 2017 ;). It could quite possibly be just a glitch - who knows with X.

It doesn't have to be chartered for the whole 5 months, sometimes a couple of charters throws out quite a few sailings, especially if the port stops are altered. Look what happened to Equinox this year: the ship was redeployed to the Caribbean after many bookings had already been made for Europe in 2017 ;). It could quite possibly be just a glitch - who knows with X.

Ugh, I hope the entire season isn't messed up. In the past, I've been very flexible and booked my cruises 6 months or less from sailing. However, now I'm trying to plan a honeymoon and this or other potential uncertainties is really frustrating. I had no idea that planning a cruise 15 months out could be this tricky.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

This is very frustrating waiting for Celebrity to get their act together. A day or two after the Europe deployments were announced in 2015 we went to our T/A, booked our 2 cruises and we were all set. No drama, confusion or nonsense. This time it is a complete mess. We want to spend money on Celebrity and they have made it impossible to do so. If this is all just a glitch in their system, they have one heck of a big problem. All the while, I'm sure the prices are climbing from where there were on December 2nd, when I first posted. It would also be good to see half off deposits when you are booking multiple cruises (3), 21months out. Very disappointed with this whole process Celebrity.

Edited by Dave from Ont

This is very frustrating waiting for Celebrity to get their act together. A day or two after the Europe deployments were announced in 2015 we went to our T/A, booked our 2 cruises and we were all set. No drama, confusion or nonsense. This time it is a complete mess. We want to spend money on Celebrity and they have made it impossible to do so. If this is all just a glitch in their system, they have one heck of a big problem. All the while, I'm sure the prices are climbing from where there were on December 2nd, when I first posted. It would also be good to see half off deposits when you are booking multiple cruises (3), 21months out. Very disappointed with this whole process Celebrity.

I agree. Where is the celebrity moderator when you need them. sigh.

still waiting.

We are taking our first Celebrity Cruise this New Years and My limited experience with their website (just a simple check in process) has been a nightmare! I want to look into more cruises but I am afraid to even go there yet. I will say the CSRs have all been friendly, understanding and helpful!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm trying to be loyal to Celebrity but i think we are going to really look at the other options out there now. I had been waiting for the 2018 Europe cruises to come out and was excited to find just what we wanted for four of us on the Reflection in July 2018 to Italy and Greece. Then i check back and it is gone, so I call no one can tell me a thing. I know it's a long way off but i just can't be loyal and promote their product when they pull this stuff. I know their web site sucks but i just get the feeling they don't give a darn about people planning trips.

I'm trying to be loyal to Celebrity but i think we are going to really look at the other options out there now. I had been waiting for the 2018 Europe cruises to come out and was excited to find just what we wanted for four of us on the Reflection in July 2018 to Italy and Greece. Then i check back and it is gone, so I call no one can tell me a thing. I know it's a long way off but i just can't be loyal and promote their product when they pull this stuff. I know their web site sucks but i just get the feeling they don't give a darn about people planning trips.

I feel the same way. I wish they would have waited. I cannot believe they don't know what is going on. ridiculous.

I called captains club and they are saying it is an "IT maintenance issue" and that they are trying to get the itineraries up and running quickly. The cc person said there was a company wide email sent earlier this week alerting staff of the website issue. She said there is no estimated time for the itineraries to come back online. I asked why only the Reflection and she said there are other itineraries impacted. I said this is trying the patience of loyal customers and that most folks do not believe what they are being told, myself included. she said she was "sorry" and thanked me for my patience.

If it is an IT issue then why don't they post something to their website and take down the announcement of the 2018-2019 itineraries.

I would have preferred them being posted late than second guessing what is happening. Annoying especially if my cruise gets cancelled and we could have started looking elsewhere.

I suppose time will tell. I am personally going to give this until after Christmas and If no resolution and is not back online I will be cancelling this cruise and booking elsewhere.

onward and upward

I am hoping my annoyance and a frustration is for nothing...that all will be ok

Edited by H2OH!

Call Captain's Club...they have them! I sent a lot of time yesterday and this morning with them and my TA...

I actually have gone ahead and made a backup booking on another sailing just in case Reflection does not come through. Agree that Celebrity is not handling this well at all but since deposits are fully refundable until final payment, I am not letting it ruin a planned vacation period.

I actually have gone ahead and made a backup booking on another sailing just in case Reflection does not come through. Agree that Celebrity is not handling this well at all but since deposits are fully refundable until final payment, I am not letting it ruin a planned vacation period.

And yes, they are raising prices...my cruise has gone up 1,000 since I booked Italy and Greece for 2018! So I agree, edge (no pun) your bet and compare! I was also told it could take up to two weeks from yesterday from CClub.

good idea.

is the booking with celebrity or another line?

This does seem like very poor customer service on X's part. It's hard to believe it's an "IT issue" that a) only affects Reflection, b) that takes this long to fix, c) and there is no clear communication about the issue to customers or TA's. On the other hand, if they are just blowing smoke that's even more aggravating and there's no excuse for not explaining more.

Curiously, I looked at a big online cruise TA this afternoon and they are still showing the 2018 spring/summer Reflection sailings in the Med, but they all say "call for price" and won't allow you to book online.

I'm trying to consider other options, but this is intended as a honeymoon cruise and I don't want to experiment on a different line when my fiance and I both enjoy sailing on X and want to have that experience again.

On uk website they show as listed but if you click for details the message "There has been a problem. Sorry, but an error has occurred. The website administrator has been informed." Comes up.

On the US site the links work but there is a blue sticker saying "special offer" but can't see what special offer is.