FOUND: Wedding Ring in Safe

JLODK

I am on the OP's side, I hope the owner is found and the ring returned. You can't do too much to find that person.

As a side note, last month, the night before our cruise in Ft Lauderdale, we stayed at a large name brand hotel. Upon unpacking on the ship, we noticed we could not find a charging wire for one of our phones, as well as a bottle of eye glass cleaner.

Upon returning home, and calling the hotel, I was told that the items were "not found". I want to say the last place I saw the eye glass cleaner was on the vanity, in full view of the person cleaning the room. The wire, I am sure was either on or near the desk.

With that being said, yes, my items could be easily replaced, but loosing the wedding ring, I hope the person who lost it gets it back, because that is probably one of the few items that are irreplaceable.

Sorry, but I have to giggle just a little. You think that the hotel staff stole a phone charger and eye glass cleaner? Really? Eye glass cleaner?:D

As regards to hotels I have read many TripAdvisor reviews and a common theme when people have left something in their room it is usually the last time they see that item so you are left to draw your own conclusion of where it has gone?[/url]

I forgot under the bed (in a 4* hotel in NY) a nice old pair of Bally sandals. Phoned the hotel a day later. "Nothing found".

That was after I've left the cleaning lady a nice tip, unused metro cards, which I've been told are very appreciated, and different gifts I've received and had not use for them at my advanced age.

So, yes, after reading on these boards that an engagement ring was "reunited" with its owner after 3.5 months of numerous calls to RC, I'm with the OP on this matter.

I´m not doubting the lost and not found stories around, but there is one important Point missed in the discussion when it Comes to the Point of trust and the employees.

It´s a difference if the item Needs to be found and turned in By any employee and the Story the OP tells.

If we as a guest find something and turn it over to guest Services there will be a record of it as a Report will be filed. So the employees at guest Service can´t just pocket it as some of you suggest.

You can even get a receipt from them for turning in something.

We sailed last month on the Koningsdam, HAL's newest addition to the fleet. The safe had an interior light that turned on for 10 seconds or so when you opened the door, making it far easier to check. This was the first time we've seen a safe with this feature, one that other manufacturers will hopefully adopt.

Nothing really knew such Safes are around for many years from many manufactures, as well as Safes with a power socket inside, so you can Charge your Laptop while it´s stored in the safe.

It´s simply a matter of what the cruiseline / Hotel is ready to pay for a safe and what extra Features they are happy to maintain. Just as it´s their choice on how big a safe they provide.

It would be interesting to hear from people who have had things returned to them from the lost and found departments of ships and hotels.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

About 4 or 5 years ago when I was a TA, a client lost a favorite sweatshirt on a Royal Caribbean ship. They called the lost and found when they got home and did get the item back

My MIL left her Nintendo DS in our cabin on Oasis and she got it back. It took a few weeks but all was good.

And ex GF of mine left a stuffed bear at a hotel in Winnipeg Manitoba while we were driving cross country. We called them and they mailed to her house in Ontario.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Sorry, but I have to giggle just a little. You think that the hotel staff stole a phone charger and eye glass cleaner? Really? Eye glass cleaner?:D

Seriously, I would think that chargers of all kinds are left behind all the time, and for the glass cleaner, I am sure that would be deemed not important, so items like these are thrown out all the time because they are easily replaceable, But, we had them in the hotel room and not when we unpacked on board, called the hotel, not there, so, my only conclusion was that they were thrown out at the hotel.

Edited by myfuzzy

About 4 or 5 years ago when I was a TA, a client lost a favorite sweatshirt on a Royal Caribbean ship. They called the lost and found when they got home and did get the item back

We accidentally came home with someone else's T-shirt that was returned with our wash & fold from a cruise. We didn't actually look closely when we packed, and DH thought it was mine, and I thought it was his.

When we returned home, I called RC Lost & Found to report that we had it. I asked if we should mail it back to them? The rep said that they had no reports of a missing item, and found clothing left in the staterooms is discarded or donated.

So your client was really lucky that it was turned in and returned! :D

I forgot under the bed (in a 4* hotel in NY) a nice old pair of Bally sandals. Phoned the hotel a day later. "Nothing found".

That was after I've left the cleaning lady a nice tip, unused metro cards, which I've been told are very appreciated, and different gifts I've received and had not use for them at my advanced age.

So, yes, after reading on these boards that an engagement ring was "reunited" with its owner after 3.5 months of numerous calls to RC, I'm with the OP on this matter.

You should stay at the Holiday Inn Spokane Airport. I stayed there and left my gold hoop earrings on the bathroom counter. Boarded a plane and then remembered I had left them. Called and housekeeping had them and kept them until my return. Kudos to Holiday Inn!

It would be interesting to hear from people who have had things returned to them from the lost and found departments of ships and hotels.

Accidentally left my SCOTTeVEST loaded with iPad, cables, reading glasses, chargers, noise cancelling headphones, etc. in a hotel in Phoenix.

Realized it two days after we left. Fortunately our trip included going back through Phoenix a few days later. All was there waiting for us at the desk, untouched!

Makes me think there are far more good stories than bad. People love to talk about the bad and proportionately not so much about the good because we just expect the good in people and don't feel the need to blather on about it. It seems to be a good thing that our expectations are most often met! :):):)

Makes me think there are far more good stories than bad. People love to talk about the bad and proportionately not so much about the good because we just expect the good in people and don't feel the need to blather on about it. It seems to be a good thing that our expectations are most often met! :):):)

I couldn't agree more.

Okay, my good news story

As a pre-cruise gift I gave DW a new e-reader. On the return flight home I borrowed it for a few moments, fell asleep, and did not realize I'd left it on the plane until a few days later when she asked if I'd seen it lately. Oops. The flight was continuing on that long leg from Vancouver to Australia.

I didn't reported to the airline assuming it would soon be enjoyed by someone else.

A few days later we had a happy surprise with an email in her mailbox from an Air Canada Rep that they had the reader at Vancouver airport. I don't remember if someone noticed it on the plane before he left Vancouver or if they knew that the only pax was in that seat disembark in Vancouver and returned it.

The Rep explained that during some of his idle time he poked around until he found her email address on the device and was able to notify us. He refused a tip.

We were not big fans of A/C (still fear they will sub us onto a Rouge flight) but this is people not Corporate and what a difference people make.

Okay, my good news story

As a pre-cruise gift I gave DW a new e-reader. On the return flight home I borrowed it for a few moments, fell asleep, and did not realize I'd left it on the plane until a few days later when she asked if I'd seen it lately. Oops. The flight was continuing on that long leg from Vancouver to Australia.

I didn't reported to the airline assuming it would soon be enjoyed by someone else.

A few days later we had a happy surprise with an email in her mailbox from an Air Canada Rep that they had the reader at Vancouver airport. I don't remember if someone noticed it on the plane before he left Vancouver or if they knew that the only pax was in that seat disembark in Vancouver and returned it.

The Rep explained that during some of his idle time he poked around until he found her email address on the device and was able to notify us. He refused a tip.

We were not big fans of A/C (still fear they will sub us onto a Rouge flight) but this is people not Corporate and what a difference people make.

All this tells me is that RCI has no excuse for not reuniting a lost and turned in item to its owner....

Edited by Johnamac123

Hello Royal Caribbean Cruisers,

We recently sailed on the Serenade of the Seas from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. On departure day, when removing the contents of our stateroom safe, we found a ring that appears to be a Ladies wedding band.

After looking on google to see how likely it would be to get the ring back to its rightful owner via Guest Services on board, we decided we would keep the ring and contact Royal Carribean ourselves to see if anyone has reported it missing - thinking their chances of getting it back might be higher if we told them we had it. We've read nothing but horror stories of people trying to get RCI to help find their missing items, to never hear back from them, and due to the significance of this ring, we wanted to increase the chances of getting it back to its owner.

If you have lost a wedding band in your stateroom on the Serenade of the Seas, please reply with a photo of the ring you lost and the stateroom you were in. If the ring matches what we have, we will return it to its rightful owner.

Please do not waste time with prank replies or comments.

A great idea. I actually just came on to see if anyone may have found my engagement ring on explorer of the seas. We disembarked ship on 8th .dec. 2016. I got a bit excited actually when I first saw ring found in safe.

I have notified lost and found at royal Caribbean. Fingers crossed my ring was found by someone like you.

• 3 weeks later...

We have just got off a 4 night new year cruise on P&O Ventura which was fantastic. We bought a 3d card in the shop and unfortunately left it with our receipt in a bag in the glass house.We did not realise until morning so we went to reception and it had been handed in so well done and thank you to whoever found it and handed it in.

• 3 weeks later...

Good morning, everyone

I am excited to update you that the owner of the ring that we found in the safe as been located and has been reconnected to her ring.

We contacted Royal Caribbean lost and found department to let them know we found the ring. It took 7 business days for us to hear back and they told us that no one had claimed the ring to be lost and that there was nothing else they could do regarding the lost ring. We received another call 2 weeks later to reiterate that there was no log of a lost ring from a past passenger.

Then, last week, we received another call from Royal Caribbean sharing that the owner of the ring had come forward. The ring was shipped over night and the owner has been reunited with their wedding band!

Happy ending!