ID for digital camera/SD card

Donh44

Write your name and address and phone number and even your email address on a piece of paper and take a picture of it. That way if you somehow, unfortunately lose your camera or the SD card, then the finder will be able to identify who it belongs to and be able to contact you. I have read on here of many people who have lost all of those wonderful pics that they have taken. Just a suggestion. The first pic on my SD card is my identifying info.

With my penchant for taking pics of the water from my balcony I'm surprised I still have a phone and a camera.

I just love looking at it

wcbadh.jpg

but this is still a great idea even if the fishies don't read my SD card. :)

Nice shot! Did you use a filter or do color correction on that or is that how you shot it?

I suppose my one concern with the pic-with-contact-info idea is that someone could try to ransom your camera. But that kind of person was never going to return it anyways so that wouldn't be a new problem, just a potential limitation of the solution.

Nice shot! Did you use a filter or do color correction on that or is that how you shot it?

I suppose my one concern with the pic-with-contact-info idea is that someone could try to ransom your camera. But that kind of person was never going to return it anyways so that wouldn't be a new problem, just a potential limitation of the solution.

Thanks! That was just a snapshot with my phone and then in google photos I did auto correction and it just added some pop. It was a little bit dull originally. I haven't unloaded my other camera (Nikon point and shoot) pics yet but I know I did almost the same pic with it so I want to compare them lol.

I think next cruise I'll take my DSLR. I haven't yet because I'm still pretty new to cruising and just wanted to enjoy the cruises without worrying about getting "the right shot". I obsess over that with my good camera. But I think Panama Canal and Costa Rica will require me to get some good shots.

Thanks! That was just a snapshot with my phone and then in google photos I did auto correction and it just added some pop. It was a little bit dull originally. I haven't unloaded my other camera (Nikon point and shoot) pics yet but I know I did almost the same pic with it so I want to compare them lol.

I think next cruise I'll take my DSLR. I haven't yet because I'm still pretty new to cruising and just wanted to enjoy the cruises without worrying about getting "the right shot". I obsess over that with my good camera. But I think Panama Canal and Costa Rica will require me to get some good shots.

I usually take my Rebel T3i and I noticed the cabin is so cold when I come out in the warm weather the lenses take awhile to unfog :eek:

I usually take my Rebel T3i and I noticed the cabin is so cold when I come out in the warm weather the lenses take awhile to unfog :eek:

Lol that happened to the photographer on our behind the fun tour. We ended up having to get all inside pics because he just couldn't get tiff of the condensation.

It didn't seem to happen for long with my phone cam but my point and shoot took a while to defog.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Forums mobile app

With my penchant for taking pics of the water from my balcony I'm surprised I still have a phone and a camera.

I just love looking at it

wcbadh.jpg

but this is still a great idea even if the fishies don't read my SD card. :)

My husband and I also love staring at the water from an aft balcony.

Lol that happened to the photographer on our behind the fun tour. We ended up having to get all inside pics because he just couldn't get tiff of the condensation.

It didn't seem to happen for long with my phone cam but my point and shoot took a while to defog.

Get rid, not tiff. Stupid autocorrect.

To add to the original suggestion, you could also do this with your cellphone. And I always take a picture of the port agent info for each port so I don't have to take the daily program off with me. Just in case...

I used to travel with an SLR and a couple of lenses. But once I went digital, I decided that I would never carry around that weight again. I had long since ceased taking slides for a friend who taught geography (he retired) so only one camera needed. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

I have a Canon ELPH190IS. Takes just as good pics as my EOS and is small. beautiful camera with anti vibration anti shake. Has a 10x lens and built in WiFi and will take movies. Aren't some computers marvelous.

yeah my little nikon P&S has wifi and a fantastic optical zoom. And SO much lighter than all my DSLR gear.

Write your name and address and phone number and even your email address on a piece of paper and take a picture of it. That way if you somehow, unfortunately lose your camera or the SD card, then the finder will be able to identify who it belongs to and be able to contact you. I have read on here of many people who have lost all of those wonderful pics that they have taken. Just a suggestion. The first pic on my SD card is my identifying info.

I do this with my camera. the first shot is my name, cell number and email...but not my address (not a very good idea to put your address on luggage tags, etc.).

I put my email address in my wallet case for my phone (but last August somehow I must have dropped my phone and couldn't find it. Never heard from anyone so maybe it got destroyed in a parking lot or something, so had to buy a new one).

I do this with my camera. the first shot is my name' date=' cell number and email...but not my address (not a very good idea to put your address on luggage tags, etc.).

I put my email address in my wallet case for my phone (but last August somehow I must have dropped my phone and couldn't find it. Never heard from anyone so maybe it got destroyed in a parking lot or something, so had to buy a new one).

Not address either. The finder will not mail it to your address, but rather have you picked it up.

I am very careful with my camera or cameras while on vacation. After well over 20 cruises I have had one stolen while in a crowded shop in Barbados.

I never put my home phone or my home address on items that might get stolen while on a cruise. Just like on social media I never state when we will be on a cruise or when we will be going away for any reason.

My cell phone is all I put on anything that may be stolen or left somewhere. If an honest person finds my belongings they can reach me on my cell. If my goods are stolen I do not want anyone to know I am in the Caribbean and not in my home.

No need for the address in my opinion and no need for a land line that can easily give out your home address.

Cruise date---reservation #---Name of Ship-, These are also excellent bits to include in your luggage or belongings.

***** paranoid opinion..

bosco

I am very careful with my camera or cameras while on vacation. After well over 20 cruises I have had one stolen while in a crowded shop in Barbados.

I never put my home phone or my home address on items that might get stolen while on a cruise. Just like on social media I never state when we will be on a cruise or when we will be going away for any reason.

My cell phone is all I put on anything that may be stolen or left somewhere. If an honest person finds my belongings they can reach me on my cell. If my goods are stolen I do not want anyone to know I am in the Caribbean and not in my home.

No need for the address in my opinion and no need for a land line that can easily give out your home address.

Cruise date---reservation #---Name of Ship-, These are also excellent bits to include in your luggage or belongings.

***** paranoid opinion..

bosco

Hardly paranoid. Remember the airport luggage scam a few years back (I think it was Arizona on that occasion). Some bag handler(s) were sharing addresses from tags with confederates who then broke into travelers' homes.

At least in dense urban areas where delivery persons may change often, it's also not a great idea to put "holds" on mail or newspapers. Have a known someone pickup those items for you.