Would you cancel and re-book with a different TA?

JAMESCC

We booked last summer sometime on Anthem of the seas next Sept. to Canada/NE. Anyway we got a nice perk of paid gratuities but have now had 2 emails ignored. I just sent them a third about a price drop that I noticed, and if this is ignored I think I should cancel and go with another TA. You agree with that even though it most likely means we lose the paid gratuities deal?

I hope I didn't violate any CC rules, I didn't mention a TA name. If I still did violate, please just delete.

We booked last summer sometime on Anthem of the seas next Sept. to Canada/NE. Anyway we got a nice perk of paid gratuities but have now had 2 emails ignored. I just sent them a third about a price drop that I noticed, and if this is ignored I think I should cancel and go with another TA. You agree with that even though it most likely means we lose the paid gratuities deal?

I hope I didn't violate any CC rules, I didn't mention a TA name. If I still did violate, please just delete.

Pick up the phone. I would never email about a price drop

You have a great deal more patience than I have. If your first email was such that there was no question that you were expecting a reply from the TA, I would have given it no more than a day or two before getting on the phone. You are now on your third unanswered email, so unless your TA has been hospitalized or otherwise rendered incapable of responding, I would definitely take my business elsewhere.

I recently changed TAs because, as much as I appreciated her experience and abilities, she frequently travelled herself and wasn't always available to act on price drops or specials.

We booked last summer sometime on Anthem of the seas next Sept. to Canada/NE. Anyway we got a nice perk of paid gratuities

I've just checked on the "fishy" site Anthem sailings for next Sept. I've seen price drops on Star & Sea Class only, as of Friday. The drop is around 200-250$. The biggest drop is for OS - 400$.

I think the paid gratuities is a better perk.

I'm also using a TA which gives me paid gratuities, and doesn't charge for cancellations & changes.

Try phoning, I've always got price drops when phoning, including the last one of 3 night free. My TA has a limited service on Saturdays and Sundays too.

I appreciate every ones input. Its not like email is a new technology. They should be returned, the issue should be looked into and I should not have to make a call when I have a direct email address to the booking agent. I just sent the third email today, I will give it till noon Monday for a response, then the one an only phone call they will get from me is cancellation.

Yeah, email isn't new, but many people are just awful at using it to communicate. Try not to get all riled up and just call them to get whatever you need sorted out over the phone. If they can't fix it and you get a better deal elsewhere, go for it. But I wouldn't spite myself out of prepaid grats because the TA sucks at using email.

I completely understand your problem with the E-Mails. BUT (and full disclosure I am a TA). I know that my franchise (which I will not name) and their E-Mail system will sometimes delete or "junk" messages I send to my TA account (like from my G-Mail). Playing devil's advocate, I would call or text to see if that is the case. But if it is not, by all means cancel and rebook. No excuse for that.

Yeah, email isn't new, but many people are just awful at using it to communicate. Try not to get all riled up and just call them to get whatever you need sorted out over the phone. If they can't fix it and you get a better deal elsewhere, go for it. But I wouldn't spite myself out of prepaid grats because the TA sucks at using email.

You are right, I will call tomorrow to get things sorted out. Pre paid gratuities is an awesome perk, but I am willing to let it go if I can't get some assemblance of customer service.

And as I finish writing that post I got an email from them dropping the price. Its a good 400 bucks lower too. I am NOT a pain in the butt customer, I am VERY easy, I just want communication returned in a somewhat timely matter and any issues looked into. Is that too much to ask?

I work with a local TA and even though small, I know I can work with any of her associates should she be out of the office or busy with another customer. The other TA's in her office will pick up and assist. I will get a reply if not from my TA I booked a cruise with, then with one of the other people in her office. Sending 3 emails and no answer I would consider moving on, however the TA your now booked with will need to release the Reservation.

James that is wonderful, I was writing probably as you posted.

Edited by Desert Cruizers

I appreciate every ones input. Its not like email is a new technology. They should be returned, the issue should be looked into and I should not have to make a call when I have a direct email address to the booking agent. I just sent the third email today, I will give it till noon Monday for a response, then the one an only phone call they will get from me is cancellation.

I agree, email should theoretically get there faster than a phone call since some people are too busy to pick up the phone, but can multi-task and check email more frequently than picking up the phone. Email can also be sent during off hours without being disruptive.

Most importantly, email gives you a written record that you have made requests that have gone unanswered, and will carry weight when you try to cancel and request not to be penalized with any fees (if they charge cancellation fees). This is why I prefer to book directly, because I don't want to have to go through a 3rd party to have something done when I could have used that time to just get it done myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

Rather than cancel and rebook, I would find a TA I like and ask to have the reservation transferred. But first, I would get in touch with the TA, probably by phone, and explain that I am unhappy and why. It may be that your TA was unavailable for a good reason. But you deserve to have a backup address and/or phone number to call when your TA is away.

If you prefer to stay in touch by email, your TA needs to know that, and to provide you an address that will be answered within 24 hours during the week.