Escape Beef Wellington Night

teachatthebeach

We will be on the Escape in March. Does anyone know which night of the sailing is the beef wellington night? Odd question, I know, but we have a large group (17 people) and would like to eat together that night as we did on the Getaway last year. I just want to make a reservation early since we're a large group.

I've never heard of Beef Wellington night. Does it happen in the main dining room? If so, I'll look for that night and order 2 for myself. Even a mediocre Beef Wellington is a good thing!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

NCL's version of beef wellington is not Beef Wellington (filet covered in pate wrapped in puff pastry). It is more like a thick cut roast beef (no pate, no puff). It is offered as one of the selections in the MDR. Most ships rotate through about 10 different MDR menus, so when/if you see the wellington on the menu depends on where you are in the rotation.

When we had it in May, it was Thursday night. And yes, it definitely has the pastry. If you search around here, people have posted photos. It's not the greatest you'll have, but it's good. I'd get it again.

22633220640_27b3f47644_c.jpg

Edited by LrgPizza

If the link to the right is correct, it would be on night # 6, or Thursday night. http://eatsleepcruise.com/2016/03/norwegian-escape-menus/

As far as I"ve ever been told several times (don't know if they do Escape differently) is they have several menus that they rotate through in no particular order. Our Gem trip last week had 14 they could choose from.

Opinions on food are highly subjective and personal, as always - likes & dislikes, etc. :D

With NCL's "upscale" efforts announced in recent past / under new management since, I just wonder - are we getting closer to the days onboard to simple say, "where's the beef :eek: " and/or get excited because "Pot Roast" is on the MDR menu for the evening, at no extra upcharge :p

And, I know our good CC friend posted from the GEM last week that guests are asked to not take photos of the MDR menu :confused: - wow, DW said ... what trade secret are they protecting these days, LOL. Heck, go to the interactive stateroom TV, pull up the posted menu and click the camera button, bingo - done.

We will be on the Escape in March. Does anyone know which night of the sailing is the beef wellington night? Odd question, I know, but we have a large group (17 people) and would like to eat together that night as we did on the Getaway last year. I just want to make a reservation early since we're a large group.

Perhaps you could discuss this with the maître d' since you have a large group and find out which night and make a reservation then. If it's not on any night's menu you may be able to make a special request for it for your group.

Edited by cruise pup

Perhaps you could discuss this with the maître d' since you have a large group and find out which night and make a reservation then. If it's not on any night's menu you may be able to make a special request for it for your group.

I like your idea. Instead of worrying about it now, we can make a reservation once we're on board. Because between now and then, someone in our group is bound to change their minds!

Thanks again for all of the suggestions and information!