Port Arrival Time and Sanctuary

Jilliebean28

Hi all.....we will be cruising the Regal this March with a group of 8. We all want to book Sanctuary for the week and are wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what time to arrive at the port to help ensure that we make it up to Sanctuary before they sell out (if they do??). Any help would be much appreciated! TIA!

Keep in mind that Princess does board certain priority groups first. But for the rest of the masses, you are normally boarded based on when you arrive. So the earlier (within reason) you get to the port, the better chance you will have being among the early boarders...which will give you the best shot at snagging the Sanctuary. We would certainly suggest getting to the port before 11am....but you do understand even this does not guarantee that any or all of your party will be able to get Sanctuary reservations. Since the Regal is doing 7 day itineraries, there are bound to be some who are doing back to back cruises....and they will always have the first shot at getting a reservation for the week. Those folks are on the ship hours before newly embarking passengers.

Hank

Further to the above posting.

All 8 arrive at the port between 10:30am and 11:00am. You will have to stand in line. Check in will open around 11am. Once through check in you will be shown to the upstairs waiting area and grouped by when you arrive. Boarding will begin somewhere between 11:30 and noon. Special assistance boarders go first, then Full Suite, Elite, Platinum, and then everyone else in order of arrival. You most likely will be on board by 12:30 or sooner. Once on board go directly to the sanctuary, do not stop at your cabin.

Hi all.....we will be cruising the Regal this March with a group of 8. We all want to book Sanctuary for the week and are wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what time to arrive at the port to help ensure that we make it up to Sanctuary before they sell out (if they do??). Any help would be much appreciated! TIA!

Do you have priority boarding, if not it may be sold out by the time you RUN up there.

The OP is doing a B2B herself. Unless you have priority boarding, I will be surprised if all 8 of you get in. The first cruise has quite a lot of sea time. You might want to discuss ahead of time if say only 4 get chairs how you might share. It takes a concerted effort on many trips.

As was suggested how it might hurt you on the first cruise (B2B'ers booking before anyone is on board), it will be your advantage to book for your second week while on board. That said, existing customers already in Sanctuary from week one are going to have the jump on you for week two if you were not in already (if you catch my meaning). That said, you will have an opportunity on turnover morning at latest to book ahead of all the new passengers.

Note that if you don't get Sanctuary for all the days/times you want it, there are some nice areas on port and starboard sides of the same deck, towards aft (for example forward of the gym on the starboard side), that have a large overhang for shade and are much quieter than other open deck areas. Generally, one side of ship will be sunnier and one side shadier - take your pick.

All 8 arrive at the port between 10:30am and 11:00am.

No need for all 8 to rush to the Sanctuary.

One person can reserve for all 8 as long as that person is willing to have the cost for all 8 put to his/her onboard account.

One person can reserve for all 8 as long as that person is willing to have the cost for all 8 put to his/her onboard account.

Exactly! Plus, if individuals want to pay for it separately they can go to the purser's desk and get it split up after the fact.

All you need is a quick one to get up there ASAP :)

I didn't think this was possible - or didn't used to be. If a Sanctuary manager or host would do this I think it is patently unfair. It means someone could stroll onto the ship long after the place is sold out and have their chairs secured by someone else?

I didn't think you could book more chairs than # people in your cabin.

In that case, I could solicit a Suite or Elite person who is heading there, hand them some cash as payment and ask them to book me in as they get on board first. It's not right. Or I could flag down a B2B passenger and pay them to get me in.

I can see a fit person in the group "racing" up there and requesting a bunch of chairs and the others follow right behind at a slower pace, but to potentially lock up that many chairs and leave others present in line empty handed, just doesn't sit right with me. It seems like a way for a non-status passenger to jump the queue. It's hard enough for status CC members to get Sanctuary on Caribbean sailings.

Carried to an extreme, the first person in line could ask to book up all available chairs and then decide who gets them.

It all depends on the Sanctuary manager but I would not count on it. Most managers in my experience won't let you do it especially if there is a line.

I have seen a lot of shenanigans, but it is what it is.

Good Luck