Diamond Newbie - Info?

Sailing on my first cruise as a diamond C&A member in a few weeks! Will be on the Navigator.

Can someone please let me know exactly how the diamond lounge works? (There is still one on the Navigator right?). Perks of using it? I've read that there are free specialty coffees in the morning - can I get those anywhere or do they have to come from the lounge? And re: drinks in the evenings - are there still 3 drinks loaded to my seapass per day even if there is a lounge? I assume once in the lounge there's no limit?

Any other perks I can look forward to that are new from the other levels?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a specialty coffee machine in the lounge meaning that's the only place you can get them. One exception is if there is a Diamond area in the MDR at breakfast. You can also get specialty coffees there. You are correct on the 3 drinks and no limit in lounge.

Don't count on the coffee machine in the lounge always working. Sometimes when it is out of order they will let you get a coffee at the Cafe Promenade at no charge but it is from a limited menu and, in my experience, they would only let us get a size small.

Diamond has nice discount on future cruises for balcony and above and if you book while on board you also get on board credit, last few cruises we booked were while on board, diamond lounge also has nice snacks , hot and cold horderves. Congrats on being Diamond

Thanks for the replies!

I have a cruise booked next fall (which is sold out of balconies). Does anyone know how much the OBC offer for onboard bookings is? Would it be worth cancelling my existing reservation and booking it onboard this cruise? Admittedly I've cruised many times with RCI (and other cruise lines) and have NEVER done an onboard booking! Lol!

I read something about a concierge - is that only for diamond plus, or do I get access as well? If so, I assume they can help with difficult to get dining reservations and such?

And on the diamond breakfast area in the MDR topic - if I am traveling with family members who are not yet diamond, can we eat together there?

Thanks again for the help! If anyone has recent Navigator experience that would be great!

Dont forget the one 24 hour internet and free picture per diamond member. Congratulations on making diamond. I remember my first time opening the door to the diamond lounge. Insert your key into the reader and the doors magically open. Like you made it to the promised land. [emoji351] [emoji351]

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

How do you get the free internet? Does it automatically know it is free or do you have to go to GS? Same for free photo??? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Internet: when you register the first time, you will see a menu of options (number of devices, surf or surf & stream), sometimes for length of package. If you are diamond, there is an option to "apply coupon". That is where your discount applies.

Photo: When you choose a picture and go to the cashier, your card will show that you are entitled to have it for free. It should automatically ring up like that.

Thanks all! Great info!

Funny with the check-in lines - I have often noticed that the C&A lines are longer than the regular ones! Will scope it out before getting in line!

Question - if my parents aren't diamond but our reservations are linked, can the concierge help them as well with boarding passes and such?

Thanks all! Great info!

Funny with the check-in lines - I have often noticed that the C&A lines are longer than the regular ones! Will scope it out before getting in line!

Question - if my parents aren't diamond but our reservations are linked, can the concierge help them as well with boarding passes and such?

Linked reservations have no effect on who has access to the services of the concierge.

Edited by clarea

Internet: when you register the first time, you will see a menu of options (number of devices, surf or surf & stream), sometimes for length of package. If you are diamond, there is an option to "apply coupon". That is where your discount applies.

Photo: When you choose a picture and go to the cashier, your card will show that you are entitled to have it for free. It should automatically ring up like that.

Thanks so much. One less thing to think about! Kind of excited to be sailing as Diamond for the first time.

Happy Holidays!

Marietta

You'll also get some additional savings loaded onto your sea pass card like buy 1 get 1 free drinks and 20% off drinks (often the waiters will recognize it and apply them, but sometimes you need to tell them that you want to use such and such discount - I'd err on telling them) - in addition to the 3 free drinks every night.

We are Diamond and have used the lounge in the past. The last time we cruised with Royal there wasn't the three free drinks. Is that on every ship? Are frozen drinks included?Thanks

Yes, the drink vouchers are on every ship, but frozen drinks are not included. Same drinks you would get in the lounge.

We have been Diamond for a few years and find the perks nice. We buy the drink package but know the three drinks are nice. As far as a prior booking I would suggest talking to the RCCL next cruise folks on board. We usually book or next cruise while on board as the extra credits are nice and we they sometimes give us a help on the best pricing. Welcome to a Diamond, enjoy the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by jcc1025

We are Diamond and have used the lounge in the past. The last time we cruised with Royal there wasn't the three free drinks. Is that on every ship? Are frozen drinks included?Thanks

When you get to either a bar or the diamond lounge there will be a card with a list of free drinks. Basically Tanqueray gin, Jameson's whiskey, White Label Scotch, Jack Daniel's, wines, cosmos but no frozen drinks [emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone!

Looks like the only added perks for diamond (other than the lounge/drinks) versus platinum and emerald is the free photo and the 24 hours of internet. I usually buy an internet package but since this is a short cruise, 24 hours will be sufficient since I can stretch it over 2 days (an afternoon/evening and the following morning).

Has anyone discovered any sweet and fruity drinks that can be made with the free diamond drinks? I typically only go for frozen drinks, and I can settle for Baileys or white zinfandel or champagne, but curious if there are any other cocktails that I could get that are sweet.

Thanks everyone!

Looks like the only added perks for diamond (other than the lounge/drinks) versus platinum and emerald is the free photo and the 24 hours of internet. I usually buy an internet package but since this is a short cruise, 24 hours will be sufficient since I can stretch it over 2 days (an afternoon/evening and the following morning).

Don't forget the virtually doubled balcony discount.:)

Has anyone discovered any sweet and fruity drinks that can be made with the free diamond drinks? I typically only go for frozen drinks, and I can settle for Baileys or white zinfandel or champagne, but curious if there are any other cocktails that I could get that are sweet.

Last cruise the DL drinks waiter made us chocolate martinis that were nice.

Note that these benefits apply to each diamond member. Since most (not all) Ds sail with another D in the cabin (typically a significant other [yes, spouses are significant others] who is D either on their own or through a relationship connection) the combined cabin will then get two photos (1 each) and two 24 hours periods of free internet. The internet is for one device only, but unless this has changed recently this means one device at any specific time; I think it is considered fair usage to share passwords with your cabinmate and they can use the internet at a separate time from you on the same device or on a different device.

PS Before anyone asks, I do NOT consider it fair usage to share a drink package (or sneak my friends into the DL). I may be wrong to consider sharing the internet password fair usage. I'll listen to comments on that, and might even change my mind ;-)

Edited by TravelerThom
add PS on fair usage

The diamond lounge is a good perk and you can go in at any time for a specallity tea or coffee as there is a machine in the lounge.If you want a drink not on the list you can ask waiter and he will get if for you but you will be charged for it.There are some lovely snacks put out when the drinks waiters are there.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app