Diamond Newbie - Info?

Note that these benefits apply to each diamond member. Since most (not all) Ds sail with another D in the cabin (typically a significant other [yes, spouses are significant others] who is D either on their own or through a relationship connection) the combined cabin will then get two photos (1 each) and two 24 hours periods of free internet. The internet is for one device only, but unless this has changed recently this means one device at any specific time; I think it is considered fair usage to share passwords with your cabinmate and they can use the internet at a separate time from you on the same device or on a different device.

PS Before anyone asks, I do NOT consider it fair usage to share a drink package (or sneak my friends into the DL). I may be wrong to consider sharing the internet password fair usage. I'll listen to comments on that, and might even change my mind ;-)

We wanted our 2 free photos but the camera folks didn't come into any of the restaurants during dinner. We did not know we had to go down to deck 5 to get our photos taken, thus we missed this perk. I asked a photographer on Boardwalk to take our photo and he refused, saying he was waiting to take photo of King ___________. Also, since we did not get off ship at either port we missed those photos too. Live and learn.

We have been Diamond for a few years and find the perks nice. We buy the drink package but know the three drinks are nice. As far as a prior booking I would suggest talking to the RCCL next cruise folks on board. We usually book or next cruise while on board as the extra credits are nice and we they sometimes give us a help on the best pricing. Welcome to a Diamond, enjoy the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree about booking on board. We tend to do it every cruise. We're on the Serenade this January and we've already decided which cruise we want to book. We do it as soon as we board at departure, while waiting for the staterooms to open up. No need to make a reservation to see a rep. Usually we walk up and sit down. Then head up to D lounge.

Agree about booking on board. We tend to do it every cruise. We're on the Serenade this January and we've already decided which cruise we want to book. We do it as soon as we board at departure, while waiting for the staterooms to open up. No need to make a reservation to see a rep. Usually we walk up and sit down. Then head up to D lounge.

Another perk of doing it in the first couple of days is you get put into a draw for $500 (can't remember if it's OBC or off your next cruise).

Thanks for the replies!

I have a cruise booked next fall (which is sold out of balconies). Does anyone know how much the OBC offer for onboard bookings is? Would it be worth cancelling my existing reservation and booking it onboard this cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you re-book on board you will be charged whatever the current price is for that cruise that you already have booked so it might have gone up in price. Also if there are no balconies left you won't be able to get one unless you cancel your existing booking while sitting right there with the rep and even then you might not be able to do it.

You can get your photo taken before you embark ship.I think you made a mistake never getting off the ship and missing the ports.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

Lots of people don't get off the ship! I don't think it's a mistake. It depends how long you have been cruising and how many times you have previously visited a port. I often don't get off the ship - kind of been there, done that. Ship is so quiet and relaxing around the pool, especially in the solarium, is very enjoyable.

We wanted our 2 free photos but the camera folks didn't come into any of the restaurants during dinner. We did not know we had to go down to deck 5 to get our photos taken, thus we missed this perk. I asked a photographer on Boardwalk to take our photo and he refused, saying he was waiting to take photo of King ___________. Also, since we did not get off ship at either port we missed those photos too. Live and learn.

Photographers are in the MDR taking pictures multiple times during our cruses. I'm assuming you don't eat dinner in the MDR.

If you re-book on board you will be charged whatever the current price is for that cruise that you already have booked so it might have gone up in price. Also if there are no balconies left you won't be able to get one unless you cancel your existing booking while sitting right there with the rep and even then you might not be able to do it.

I'm actually not currently booked in a balcony either on the future cruise. I guess in order to get the OBC and keep my room, I would have to cancel right there and re-book and hope they can grab the same room?

Any idea if I can have the cruise re-booked in Canadian dollars onboard (since I assume the deposit will come off my onboard account?).

I'm actually not currently booked in a balcony either on the future cruise. I guess in order to get the OBC and keep my room, I would have to cancel right there and re-book and hope they can grab the same room?

Any idea if I can have the cruise re-booked in Canadian dollars onboard (since I assume the deposit will come off my onboard account?).

Deposits require a credit card

Latest onboard Diamond benefits.

80e76773f970b0104999e4d1f2c6336c.jpg2861ed0284e06dc02d680fcc10152cb8.jpg

Did I miss a thread about the laundry price going up to $35 (item 1203). The welcome letter in the cabin says $35 and the mid cruise offer says $35, but the printed list of discounts (obtained form a bartender) still said $30.

Always take the photo getting ON the ship[emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I miss a thread about the laundry price going up to $35 (item 1203). The welcome letter in the cabin says $35 and the mid cruise offer says $35, but the printed list of discounts (obtained form a bartender) still said $30.

I will post after we do laundry later this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get your photo taken before you embark ship.I think you made a mistake never getting off the ship and missing the ports.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

We have been to ports before and love to enjoy the ship. Actually we wanted a formal night photo but they don't come to specialty restaurants, apparently.

Lots of people don't get off the ship! I don't think it's a mistake. It depends how long you have been cruising and how many times you have previously visited a port. I often don't get off the ship - kind of been there, done that. Ship is so quiet and relaxing around the pool, especially in the solarium, is very enjoyable.

When we lived in Miami and DH worked for airline, we flew to Bahamas quite often. Been there done that. We have been to Labadee with Celebrity and not our cup of tea. Loved the time on Oasis.

My husband and I are both Diamond, my children are also. Do they qualify for the same perks such as the free photo and internet days?

Only guests 18 and over get the adult C&A coupons.

These are the kid's coupons for all C&A levels:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43238756&postcount=21

Edited by clarea

I wish RCCL would give non-drinkers another option such as a soft-drink package or better yet just ONE specialty coffee from the Cafe Promenade would be nice. If you don't drink, you lose that Perk!

There is a soft drink package offered for $8.50 per day.

I wish RCCL would give non-drinkers another option such as a soft-drink package or better yet just ONE specialty coffee from the Cafe Promenade would be nice. If you don't drink, you lose that Perk!
If "that Perk" is (semi)unlimited free drinks in the lounge or 3 drinks at most bars around the ship for 3.5 hours, you are not discriminated against. You have access to the same amount of soft drinks at the same hours and places as others obtain non-soft drinks.

Deposits require a credit card

A couple of things to be careful with in the scenario you're looking at. If your original booking was made by a TA, then the Royal Caribbean folks won't be able to cancel it onboard the ship. I've tried a couple of times and each time was told that because my TA made the booking, then my TA would have to cancel it. On the other hand if the booking is made directly with Royal Caribbean then the next cruise person will be able to cancel and book with the OBC.

You can rebook in Canadian dollars. As Retired Leo pointed out - the deposit will be charged directly to your credit card in Canadian dollars ($125) and not to your Onboard Account.

A couple of things to be careful with in the scenario you're looking at. If your original booking was made by a TA, then the Royal Caribbean folks won't be able to cancel it onboard the ship. I've tried a couple of times and each time was told that because my TA made the booking, then my TA would have to cancel it. On the other hand if the booking is made directly with Royal Caribbean then the next cruise person will be able to cancel and book with the OBC.

You can rebook in Canadian dollars. As Retired Leo pointed out - the deposit will be charged directly to your credit card in Canadian dollars ($125) and not to your Onboard Account.

Wonderful! Thank you so much for the details! I always book directly with RCI so no issues with canceling onboard by the sounds of it! :)