Celebrity Edge - can we guess the itinerary changes for 2018/19

Redking

Christmas at home this year and so find myself (as usual) browsing cruise itineraries for dates beyond our next booking in November 2017 (Solstice Australia/New Zealand).

I noticed that instead of doing the Caribbean season in 2018/19 the Eclipse will reposition from Europe and replace the Infinity in South America, before repositioning to San Diego in 2019. I also noticed that instead of heading North up the Pacific at the end of the NZ/Australia season, the Solstice is doing a loop back to Auckland in March 2019.

So, here's my guess for some changes in 2018/19 post intro of the Celebrity Edge:

1. We'll kidnap the Solstice and keep her down under so that for once we can enjoy short breaks on a half decent ship during our winter season? Tahiti would be nice.

2. The Eclipse will then replace the Solstice for the 2019 Alaska season?

3. No doubt the Edge will launch in the Caribbean market replacing the Eclipse in 2018 and then head over to Europe in 2019

4. We will likely have to wait years before an Edge class ship arrives in the NZ/Australia region

Any thoughts or indeed better intel from current celebrity cruiser?

Christmas at home this year and so find myself (as usual) browsing cruise itineraries for dates beyond our next booking in November 2017 (Solstice Australia/New Zealand).

I noticed that instead of doing the Caribbean season in 2018/19 the Eclipse will reposition from Europe and replace the Infinity in South America, before repositioning to San Diego in 2019. I also noticed that instead of heading North up the Pacific at the end of the NZ/Australia season, the Solstice is doing a loop back to Auckland in March 2019.

So, here's my guess for some changes in 2018/19 post intro of the Celebrity Edge:

1. We'll kidnap the Solstice and keep her down under so that for once we can enjoy short breaks on a half decent ship during our winter season? Tahiti would be nice.

2. The Eclipse will then replace the Solstice for the 2019 Alaska season?

3. No doubt the Edge will launch in the Caribbean market replacing the Eclipse in 2018 and then head over to Europe in 2019

4. We will likely have to wait years before an Edge class ship arrives in the NZ/Australia region

Any thoughts or indeed better intel from current celebrity cruiser?

Agree Edge will probably do the Caribbean and Europe.

Hoping the Eclipse does the new Panama canal in 2019!!! Perfectly positioned in San Diego !!!

Our PCC at Celebrity suggested this is when the first Edge ship will launch. Also that it might be late 2017 that we can start booking but he said this is just speculation.

Bookings will be open in April 2017 latest.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Agree Edge will probably do the Caribbean and Europe.

Hoping the Eclipse does the new Panama canal in 2019!!! Perfectly positioned in San Diego !!!

Yes of course, I forgot about the new Panama Canal.

Does not look like Solstice will be staying in Australia in 2019 for your winter season.

Solstice is scheduled to return to Vancouver in April of 2019, apparently in preparation for the summer season in Alaska.

Yep, its business as usual for Solstice.

Details on Edge are supposed to be released at Seatrade in March.

Does not look like Solstice will be staying in Australia in 2019 for your winter season.

Solstice is scheduled to return to Vancouver in April of 2019, apparently in preparation for the summer season in Alaska.

Wishfull thinking :) Might do the Tahitian cruise.

Edge will launch in Europe in the fall of 2018, undoubtedly with a series of 7 nighters across the Med so they can drum up PR in as many countries as possible. She will then cross the Atlantic for a winter season in the Caribbean, again to showcase the new flagship to as many as possible. A shiny new ship is sure to draw a new generation of Celebrity loyalists. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edge will launch in Europe in the fall of 2018, undoubtedly with a series of 7 nighters across the Med so they can drum up PR in as many countries as possible. She will then cross the Atlantic for a winter season in the Caribbean, again to showcase the new flagship to as many as possible. A shiny new ship is sure to draw a new generation of Celebrity loyalists. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your two cents might be a winning based on past practices and logic. Probably 7 day cruises.