New to Royal Caribbean

CenTexGal

We are sailing the Liberty mid January. This will be our first time on Royal. Once onboard, do you typically get to go directly to your cabin? Also, are their mini-fridges in the cabins?

We are very excited about trying Royal Caribbean, but wonder if we have been spoiled by always getting to go directly to our cabin and having a place to keep our drinks cold?

Thanks!

We were also new to Royal Caribbean, and were recently on Independence, which is in the same class as Liberty. I always need refrigeration for my eye drops (glaucoma medication), and when we got to our cabin I opened the "cooler" and it wasn't cool AT ALL. I called and said it wasn't working, and that I needed it to work because of my medication. Our steward told me it was working, but that he could bring me a mini-fridge. He did, and we were so glad to have it - not just for my medication, but also for cold bottled water.

The only other ship I have been on is the Norwegian Pearl, and we did have an actual mini refrigerator in our cabin. I'm not sure what's up with this "cooler" thing, and I also don't know if all RCCL ships have those instead of mini fridges.

That is already a disappointment...I don't like dragging our carry on's around a crowded ship and no fridge🙃 I'm trying to stay positive...we will have a wonderful time😃😃😃

If you prop the door open on the cabinet for the fridge, it should get cooler... being enclosed the fan doesn't kick in

I'm not sure what's up with this "cooler" thing, and I also don't know if all RCCL ships have those instead of mini fridges.

Unless you ask for a fridge, you will end up with the cooler you had - they just don't get as cool as a fridge. It's probably a cost issue - both the cost of the unit itself and the electricity it uses.

Edited by Biker19

That is already a disappointment...I don't like dragging our carry on's around a crowded ship and no fridge🙃 I'm trying to stay positive...we will have a wonderful time😃😃😃

Simple solution, board at 1:30pm.

That is already a disappointment...I don't like dragging our carry on's around a crowded ship and no fridge I'm trying to stay positive...we will have a wonderful time

Chances are you won't able to check in until at least 11am anyways depending how quick customs is when the ship comes back into port. Most people just hang out in the Windjammer (lunch is served there) or take a quick tour of the ship until 1pm when you have cabin access. You can also put a bathing suit under your clothes and hang out at the pool. I would suggest keeping your carry-on light in weight if you are concerned about it. Or show up at the pier at 12:45pm and you will be able to walk directly to your cabin

Try to think positive. The reason RCI's rooms aren't ready upon boarding, like on Princess, is because RCI starts the boarding process earlier than Princess.

Why don't you request a mini fridge from Special Needs department? They can accommodate some pax for medical reasons....

Why don't you request a mini fridge from Special Needs department? They can accommodate some pax for medical reasons....

Probably because they don't need a Medical fridge only want to keep pop cold. My Father In Law got Special needs fridge, was small, just enough room for his meds. If you prop the cabinet door open mimi fridge/cooler will drop another 5-10 degrees. I do it all the time. Then there is always ice bucket refilled by attendant...

We are sailing the Liberty mid January. This will be our first time on Royal. Once onboard, do you typically get to go directly to your cabin? Also, are their mini-fridges in the cabins?

We are very excited about trying Royal Caribbean, but wonder if we have been spoiled by always getting to go directly to our cabin and having a place to keep our drinks cold?

Thanks!

Cabins are not available until 1 ish. You will not be allowed down the hallways until then.

The in cabin cooler is exactly that.. a cooler. They are good enough to chill items slightly but they will not be cold.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Cabins are not available until 1 ish. You will not be allowed down the hallways until then.

The in cabin cooler is exactly that.. a cooler. They are good enough to chill items slightly but they will not be cold.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you!

Plan accordingly and change your method of selecting carry on's. We get to the pre-cruise hotel the day before and repack our bags carrying the minimum on with us. One bag with medication and our swim suits and my camera bag. We board, eat lunch, or hit the pool (all Florida departures for us so far) or explore the ship if its new to us. 1pm comes quickly and we aren't the ones in the Windjammer taking up a table for 10 with their carry ons.

Thanks!

If you'd like to converse with your fellow cruisers going on the Liberty the same week as you, click on the site below, find your week, and join the conversation!!;):cool:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=398

Oops! Guess you all ready found it! Sorry! Have a great cruise!

Edited by SilkySal
add sentence